From D&D Wiki
Hi Azernath, what's up? I'm going to guess that it's something to do with siege equipment :) I've gone ahead and made a template, preload and list page, see what you think. Marasmusine (talk) 01:00, 8 January 2015 (MST)
- No problem, but I still need to test the race before anything. If you did so tell me how was it? Azernath (talk) 12:27, 9 February 2015 (MST)
Thanks a lot Azernath I used your spells and user description to help start my account and make my first spell, And I'm still trying to fully understand how this wiki works and what is acceptable or not, so thank you very much, and my deepest apologies if I happened to mess anything up or if what I did is seen as intrusive or frowned apon --TyrTheBeer (talk) 11:41, 10 June 2022 (CDT)
Needs and a Request
Thanks Azernath. I'm glad you liked the Races/Subraces I posted. Personally, I'm a little worried about the balance of the "Oni" race esspesially the Blue Oni sub race and if you had any suggestions to make about the trait balance, I'd really appreciate it.
As in currently? Finished a goblin race, waiting to see if anyone has suggestions on the Gremlin subrace as I may have made it a tad bit better than the other subraces (favoritism, but who doesn't want powerful bomb wielding goblins... Besides DMs...)
As in of your Wind Lord sword? Nothing, I'm beat. The only clever thing I could think of was to change the "ai" to an "ae" so it would sound more Celtic and less Tolkin. But pretty sure copyright only counts if it is the exact name (plus I'm not entirely sure copyright applies at this stage with people making races based off of anime).
As in for the future? Not sure. Pondering on making an Asura race (Divas fallen from pride but not evil enough to be Raksasha) but still need to come up with something that would make them interesting but still balanced (my initial idea was to go with the Buddhist version where they have six arms and breathed fire, but how would I keep that balanced) Still needs some thought. --Balthazar (talk) 16:16, 30 March 2015 (MDT)
I don't think skeletons should not have fire resistance, but if you want reference:
- Archdemon: search on either the fallen angels or lords of hell they should be weaker then them because they are more of wizards of the demons.
- Zapperyuh: a bogyman version but not all evil the feed on dreams and nightmares and travel the feywild.
How do you delete pages or at least put them up for consideration for deletion? There is a page in the artifact section "My Artifact" that I think was a failed page as it is completely blank. Thanks! --Balthazar (talk) 19:18, 10 April 2015 (MDT)
Well, thing I think that is needed in a class is a theme. The class must have a theme that make it special, if you do it right then things will get by itself. Azernath (talk) 23:55, 21 April 2015 (MDT)
I would like to nominate you for adminship, and I would like to know if you are interested in this. I feel that you have a good knowledge of the structures on D&D Wiki, and that your contributions are well developed. --Green Dragon (talk) 05:01, 25 April 2015 (MDT)
- Well I am both honored and interested with your proposal and I wish for nothing more then to live to your expectations, but for me to do so I need some knowledge with templates. If you can first direct me to a place or a website that can help me, so that I can be more then qualified to be an administrator. So for now I can gladly say yes and thank you very much for nominating me. Azernath (talk) 05:22, 25 April 2015 (MDT)
- I am pleased that you accept the nomination. The page is here. For some help with templates I would start with , and then take a look at , , , and . Let me know fi there are any other template functions that you need help finding some information about. --Green Dragon (talk) 05:49, 25 April 2015 (MDT)
Wow for 5.0e
Hi Azernath. The only thing that has to be changed to make this setting work for 5.0 is changing the races and classes. Since I'm not familiar with 5.0 this can take a while. If 5.0 still has the base races like dwarf, elf, human and gnome we can of course take these, and same for the classes, but the rest needs to be created, or taken from a different source. But I can see that you are already busy creating some interesting classes, which is nice. Also, at this very moment, I'm very busy with different things like school, so I won't have a lot of time. Plus, before I can start with a new project, I'll first have to finish the last, since I just started to describe the zones. I can help you though, by giving you permission to take any information or inspiration you may find usefull from my 3.5 setting. And if you have any questions, be welcome to ask them. Hope to hear from you again. --Atesh (talk) 05:26, 6 May 2015 (MDT)
- Thanks Atesh, I will work with things even more till you finish your own work so we can start a new one, good luck with your work. Azernath (talk) 08:27, 6 May 2015 (MDT)
Hi Azernath, I'm removing File:WOW Blood Elf Death Knight by Leevitron.jpg as according to the [artist's page] it is under copyright. If you still want to use it you could try asking for permission on that page. Marasmusine (talk) 12:09, 16 August 2015 (MDT)
Rune Blade archetype
I have no objections. I made the archetype strictly as a sensible alternative to the class of the same name that someone made. It's probably underpowered, but the original was inconsistent and the author was not familiar with how 5e tends to do things (like DCs and spell attack rolls). I have no intention of playtesting or updating it, so you are more than welcome to make any adjustments or even overhauls. Thanks for asking me though :) —Proton[talk] 10:37, 25 August 2015 (MDT)
Hello Azernath, I did the edits on the Overlord class but I was not able to create an account earlier for some reason. But now, after using my other computer, I was able to complete the puzzle search thing which my original computer failed to do. Anyway, I noticed the unfinished class of Overlord you made and, having played a few of the Overlord games myself, assumed the project was abandoned and decided to finish it. After seeing your message, I created an account to communicate with you and see what you had in mind for the Overlord class as well as giving my opinion.
- Perfect, I am glad you were able to create your User ID. What are your projects now besides the Overlord? because this class requires a lot of changes. Azernath (talk) 10:37, 26 October 2015 (MDT)
- Last time I checked, we finished it. It was in the unfinished pile when we got to it. We have ALL, erm HAD all the games at one point with ALL the DLC, till some ruthless minion changed things and now....meh. When I was a young minion the things I would put on my head, erm plate. I just wish we could play this class with a dm outside of our group. We made a Goblin Lord (Race) http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Goblin_Lord_(5e_Race) , fitting of the OverLard we think. LOL TierArea (talk) 12:09, 18 April 2016 (MDT)
- The Goblin Lord would be best if you turned it to a monster the character's face then transfer the template to a race. This would make it easier for you.
- I think you should see what Blobby383b have done to your overlord class. ---faggetboy 15 oktober 2017
Messages from Kydo
Hey there Azernath. I've been working on this variant rule for quite a while now, and it's gone through about a billion variations and changes. I think I'm getting closer to something that is actually workable, but I wanted to get other peoples' opinions on it. Please give it a browse if you have the time. If you have any comments, criticism, or advice, please let me know. --Kydo (talk) 13:01, 31 October 2015 (MDT)
Hi, I hope you don't mind but I've written something up for Siege Drill (5e Equipment), does it look okay to you? I lowered the AC to 15 as it's larger than the Apparatus of Kwalish (=easier to hit) and also not sealed. Also, happy new year. Marasmusine (talk) 14:54, 4 January 2016 (MST)
- I love it, and their is no complaining about it. Plus, happy new year to you too. :) Azernath (talk) 23:50, 4 January 2016 (MST)
Yo yo, Azernathie. You work almost exclusively on 5e/maybe 4e stuff, and I work almost exclusively on NOT 5e/4e stuff, and I feel like I'm missing out on you. As such, I'm going to a post here with a paragraph devoid of actual points or real content whatsoever, but as always with my talk page posts, I merely come seeking love. From what I've seen/understand of your contributions, you seem pretty chill, so don't deny this poor lion an expression of fondness~ --SgtLion (talk) 05:29, 24 March 2016 (MDT)
- I appreciate the fondness Lion, and if you want me to do more stuff for 4e (eventhough I am not fond of it) I can swallow my pride and try. I can even try to do some 3e just give me some time to refresh my knowledge in them. Azernath (talk) 10:35, 24 March 2016 (MDT)
- No, no, we share a dislike for 4e. I mean I love 3.5e/Pathfinder but I ain't pressure you to do anythin'. It just means I have to sneak a little further 'cross the wiki to pounce on you. --SgtLion (talk) 09:53, 26 March 2016 (MDT)
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sprite_(5e_Race) People complained about the flight issue, so I tweaked it and added a sub race for the stink of it. I think it will be more acceptable now. I have been waiting to see what happens to the sprite so if you like the WIP etc can be removed and the Sprite ca be put back on the list. TierArea (talk) 12:09, 18 April 2016 (MDT)
- I would say try to give two subraces instead of one to give more choices to the player. Example, Summer Sprite would be like high elf and Winter Sprite like the Drow. Azernath (talk) 13:40, 18 April 2016 (MDT)
- OH I can give you sub races till you cant see straight from reading so much. In my game I have a near infinite amount of fey folk. Some I have never seen ANYWHERE and so I wont share them here, however I can definitely make this AWESOME! I might make a sprite based off myself, because, I am quite a spritely little !expletive! Oh I aint the only soul working on the thing either. TierArea (talk) 13:20, 19 April 2016 (MDT)
You said you would help.
So here am i. Let me know how to send you the list, as that is the best thing i can think of.
- Just write it here, and will figure it out which one I can help you with. Azernath (talk) 18:20, 1 May 2016 (MDT)
Block O Text
Here are some evil characters I want to try:
Sith- Sith Jedi (Considering the play style, and landscape of the dm...that would be....yeah! )
Sheogorath-Prince of Madness.
I liked your overlord class however, he said it was anti paladin, i disagreed, its more like a minion based fighter/mage(summoner)...
I did get to see somethings before they were removed and I did take note of them in a word thing. Then I had things to do forgot and then made my account. So I will post them also. Not sure if the OP will mind or not however....let me know.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Aliens-Gray/Grey_(5e_Race) http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Aliens-Gray/Grey_(5e_Race)/Rewrite Rouge/Mage/cleric type thing...
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Arcanus_(5e_Race) Mage a mage type that is similar attuned to arcana
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Balance_of_The_Hunger(5e_Race) Fighter Rouge Rouge/mage druid/something
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Corvus_(5e_Race) Mage, if you cant find the original or etc...I was thinking of something similar anyway, I liked the Corvus thing...it was...kinda scary and would fit good I thought. Kinda Alphred Hitchcock kinda thing lol
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dorthin_(5e_Race) Monk, I thought this was cool too. No real comment about it however.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elf-Mountain Ranger, I really liked this one, just don't know how they would be 'evil'. It reminded me of something I heard about as a kid...something about a type of Chinese or Japanese fighter that could do this sort of thing...it was an idea anyway.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gith_(5e_Race) Sith Fighter/mage, that's what I thought might be a good sith I don't know.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Goblin_Lord_(5e_Race) Fighter/druid Rouge/monk this seemed too wacky and hard to play, but I was willing...I don't know how to simplify.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Half-Troll_(5e_Race) Fighter Barbarian
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/ID-10-T(5e_Race) Barbarian, I thought this was funny as !!!! considering I saw something similar in a what do you call that, online multiplayer pc game thing? Anyway that's where I saw something similar and I was like, oh yeah I can play that. LOL
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Khajiit_(5e_Race) Monk/rouge Catdogmeowoof cannibalistic, primalistic kind of hunter that hunts with his claws and eats his kills, what ever they are.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Lost_Men_(5e_Race) Monk/Rouge, seemed like an interesting idea
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mesmer_(5e_Race) mage/rouge, didn't care much for this one, yet it was an idea...
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Rigger_(5e_Race) Monk, I thought shadowrun when I saw this and I was like, yeah but I don't know how to make it seem like between 1st and 3rd level.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Trolling_(5e_Race) Monk Barbarian I liked this one too, I just was looking for something a little more simpler...and still similar.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sprite_(5e_Race) Rouge There was this sprite that was like...whats his name...nightshade....nightwalker...something marvel that it remided me of...it has gotton removed and that was sad. I like it. I would love to play a miniature....NIGHTCRAWLER....that's what it was.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ysgardian_(5e_Race) Ranger/Fighter Ranger/Barbarian
Regardless I want to be able to test a pet that is part displacer beast/blinkdog/phase spider. Always wanted to try that combo to see what would it be like. Going on 20 something years now.
- 1) More feline displacer beast similarities, having 8 legs instead of 4.
- 2) More K-9 Blink Dog Similarities, having the tenticals of the displacer beast, and multi eyes of the spider.
- 3) More Phase Spider Similarities, having the main spider body plus the displacer tentacles, with coloration and hide similar to the Blink Dog.
- 4) Balance of all three. Semi insectoid body. Tail being semi short and producing a minor web. Hind legs being more K9 the 4 middle legs being more spider like, and the front two legs being more feline. The back sporting the tentacles, the head semi feline/k9 like with spider fangs and eyes. Coloration ranging from the colors of the Light brown Blink Dog to the Blackened Displacer Beast. With the pattern of the Phase spider.
That’s the best I could come up with at the moment.
Or better yet I would like to try an active combination of Blink/Displacement/Mirror Image/Phasing. I could see it in my mind’s eye of how dramatic the visual headache you would get LOL. If I think about too much, I get nauseous LOL.
Let me know what my next step should be. I just want a good legit kind of character.
I like the ideas you mentioned. I will look at them when i get back from gaming, or before if i have time, i might have some time now...I will try and give Feedback on those pages. McAlester Gamerz Customer (talk) 12:54, 3 May 2016 (MDT)
- Based on your links, you want a science fiction class with a weird race; thus, may I suggest a Wookiee force user character for you to play. Where are the race and class are? Well I am glad you ask. They are both none existence; however, I have their basic draft in mind for 5e. I only need help with the lore and facts checking because I know little if nothing about Star Wars. Azernath (talk) 19:28, 4 May 2016 (MDT)
- I like starwars considerably however i am not some freakazoid geekiod over it. Its illogical that you would suggest something, that you admit you know nothing of...(Vulcan coming out)... If i was to do starwars, I woulf use the alien with the head tenticals, version of yoda, ewok, sith or something else, and i would be a jedi or a something. LOL Yeah Ewok Jedi...surprised? so what his mother when he levitated like a floating balloon when he was a baby. Ended up so far away they had to make another ewok movie to just find him. LOL
- Not any time soon, so you can delete it if you want to. I have a copy of all of it info saved so your good. Azernath (talk) 10:13, 8 August 2016 (MDT)
That comment tho!
Just saw the history in 5e classes. Your revision comment killed me and, in turn, awoke my wife, my room mate downstairs, and my cat. This is what edit comments should be for. :) --Kydo (talk) 00:56, 14 August 2016 (MDT)
- Good god why? Did I made something wrong? Or did I insult someone? Because if so then I am sorry, but I didn't mean to. I truly was wandering why it was changed to that. Azernath (talk) 10:56, 14 August 2016 (MDT)
- I know, but a joker like me finds a way to make it into a joke though a bad one as it seems like. However, I still wonder why that guy made that change, maybe he did it out frustration of no one ever finishing their classes thinking it would be a statement if he did so. It would most likely be like "Yo guys these are not classes but archetypes". Azernath (talk) 13:28, 14 August 2016 (MDT)
I would appreciate your input on Help talk:Improving, Reviewing, and Removing Templates please. --Kydo (talk) 23:42, 14 September 2016 (MDT)
Making an Arcane Elemental
Hello there Azernath! You previously expressed interest in possibly working with me to create a 5th edition statblock for a Warcraft-style arcane elemental. I'd be more than happy to work with you on this.
Here are the things Marasmusine suggested this far, given that this is intended to be a CR 5 monster:
- resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
- immunity to poison
- immunity to the effects of 2nd level spells or lower
- immune to exhaustion, grappled, paralysed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
- immune or resistant to attacks that deal force damage
Great; however, I think their should be something. The stuff that Marasmusine mentioned are either obvious or similar to normal elementals; for example, air elementals can chock the air out of you, earth elementals can hit you real hard, fire elementals burn every thing, and water elementals can drown a person. I think the arcane elementals should have a single spell usage where they know one spell, but can cast it at will (maybe magic missile). Besides, how do arcane elementals exist? Do you want the same as World of Warcraft lore, or a new reason to begin with. --Azernath (talk) 12:32, 31 October 2016 (MDT)
- I suppose we could do it the same as Warcraft lore, unless you gave an alternate sugggestion that better fits the D&D universe. I do like the idea of it having a simple spell like magic missile to cast at-will. I kinda imagine them as "artificial" or "synthetic" elementals that might be created by a powerful spellcaster or something like that.
- I would think that the arcane elemental would be created in the chaos realm where the slaad are. It is often created when a spellcaster in the material world casts a spell like magic missile or fireball at 9th level, there is a percentage that an arcane elemental is created in the chaos realms due to the heavy impact that spell has on the reality of both and all realms of existence. This would be a good quote on quote consequence to spellcasters using heavy magic. --Azernath (talk) 15:48, 31 October 2016 (MDT)
Making a 5e Monster "Elite"
I've been experimenting with ways to take given regular 5e monsters, and make "elite" versions of them, for the purpose of throwing customized, named monsters into random encounters every so often. The way I've gone about it up to this point is to do the following to a normal monster:
- increase all ability scores by +2
- increase AC by +2
- increase number of hit dice by +1
- use the maximum possible result of hit dice for its health
- increase challenge rating by +1 to compensate for the other changes
When I want to create a certain NPC (whither humanoid or monster), I usually either grant them a normal or magical item that grant them a physical and noticeable difference to their combat style. For example:
- I was creating a dwarf thane which I made a whole template for that creature where it simply used a greataxe and wore if I remember correctly chain mail armor. However, I wanted to make an dwarf NPC that was a blacksmith who lost his son, meeting the PCs in the middle of the road driving a caravan. This allowed me to grant the dwarf two warhammers that were magically enchanted where one would break metal easier (forge breaker), and the other would be able to fix metal magically (forge ringer). I also give him no armor because two reasons, first, he wanted to die because he was disgrased (I took the idea from the warhammer fantasy dwarf slayer). The PCs sympathized with the character, yet the also immediately wanted to kill him for the weapons, so be careful when giving magic items to NPCs.
- The other idea was to grant the NPC something that make him or her simply seem more powerful than others, and I did so with a campaign where the PCs were supposed to kill a dragon at 2-level (I know it is ludicrous, but hear me out). The were told that they should just find out what is happening and comeback, and in the process find out the remains of an old hero. What the didn't know that the hero was still alive, but was blinded by the dragon; however, the hero was still functional because he had the Blindsight feature, and they never dared to mess with that hero. They didn't dare to even once because they thought that he must be a great warrior, but in truth he was simply a CR 3 veteran, and he would have died if they would just simply surround him in two rounds or less.
You see you don't have to increase the attributes of a creature to either make it powerful or frightening; however, if you still want to use the whole increases than I would say the CR would change as following if you do the changes:
- Creatures with CR of 4 or lower would gain +2 to CR.
- Creatures with CR of 5 to 10 would gain +1 to CR.
- Creatures with CR of 11 or higher would gain +0 to CR.
This is mainly because at higher levels the CR calculations are less effected by the increase of things like Hit Points, AC, and amount of Damage increased by the extra ability score boost. Give me couple of days to try to figure a more average increase that we can control easier with the elite theory. During that time why don't you check the 5e Templates to see how do you want to write them down just to get the hang of it. --Azernath (talk) 14:53, 3 November 2016 (MDT)
Any Tips on Monster Creation in 5e?
I've been working on a campaign setting but have been hitting a road block with monster creation. I've asked my DM how he manages it and he just said something along the lines of "Meh, I wing it" which, while is pretty badass, is not exactly the advice I was looking for. You seem to be making a good deal of creatures so any advice? I'll honestly take anything I can. Thanks :D --Balthazar (talk) 17:11, 20 November 2016 (MST)
- I am honoured that you have asked me, but it is a matter of situation and seeing what fit best. Now if you want me to tell you what is the first step then I would say have an idea of what you want and what you need of that monster, is it good or bad? savage or intellectual? is it monstrous or simple in appearance? once you can think of something, the rest will follow completely immediately, and I will be able to help you even more. --Azernath (talk) 20:07, 20 November 2016 (MST)
- I would recommend viewing the 5e Creature Design Guide and the 5e Monsters Reimagined pages. SirSprinkles (talk) 20:40, 20 November 2016 (MST)
- I would recommend browsing SirSprinkles' user page and taking his creations as examples. --Kydo (talk) 08:31, 21 November 2016 (MST)
- You guys are selling me short here. :)
- In truth, there is nothing wrong with SirSprinkles creations or guide examples. At matter of fact, all creations in this website or any other website are great source on inspiration, but that is it, they are a source to see ideas and figure if they work with you or not. If you find something that someone else made and it fit your ideas, great than use it. If you find something that is close than it is still possible to add your own touch and use it for your work. I for one like to see through what ideas and sources of inspirations others have about something, and make my own new stuff that have a bit extra complexity to it just to make it harder to create for myself, but that is just me liking to torture myself. The most important thing that is needed in all of D&D, and not just monster creation is to have a unique touch whenever you make something or do anything because that is what makes the game fun. Complex things like rules and mechanics are easy to work with to fit your ideas. --Azernath (talk) 12:43, 21 November 2016 (MST)
- I've looked through 5e Creature Design Guide and have used it to make at least one creature (even if it was heavily borrowed from a pathfinder creature). I'll look through a few more creatures until I think I get the hang of it. :D While 5e Monsters Reimagined was quite refreshing, I dislike the fact that they don't have the... I think they were called "themes" in 4e though I may be wrong. At least with those there was an easy way to make monsters have more powers without inherently breaking/dissecting them. Regardless, thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can make (though I might still come back later with a broken monster bawling my eyes out) XD --Balthazar (talk) 17:36, 22 November 2016 (MST)
D&D Wiki Plays D&D
Azernath, I just wanted to let you know that if you have any more images for 5e SRD creatures (or whatever), let me know here and I would like to give you admin rights for the duration where you add them. --Green Dragon (talk) 10:41, 5 February 2017 (MST)
- Sure, just give me some time to find out where they are and which pages need photos, and I will get back to you. --Azernath (talk) 11:11, 5 February 2017 (MST)
- Sure, I will try it, but same as the previous game. No promise that I am going to be there everyday. --Azernath (talk) 17:19, 18 February 2017 (MST)
the overlord was a boss class i have made my dm so angry beause the overlord is very strong but now that im all powerfull what now iv enslaved all the hells and shadowfell i want to make a new one but guess what its been nerfed why all you had to do was give it some new abilities and take out the crap ones and now i cant play overlord anymore beacuse he is two weak hope you make a different overlord or maybe teach me how to make one because the last one was dope —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Alucarddragonborn (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- Dandwiki is not designed to be a place for unbalanced strong content, and it should have been changed as it has been. You even admit you made your own DM upset because it was overpowered. If you really want to access the OP version, you can click the "History" tab at the top of the Overlord page, and find the old version of the page you were using. But please do not aim to make another unbalanced class, as we are not here to host content that could not be used in a 'standard' setting, or system's balance. --SgtLion (talk) 12:26, 19 October 2017 (MDT)