From D&D Wiki
Friendly Heads Up
Hey I noticed you removed a lot of posts from your discussion page and while it is "your" page it's typical to leave that stuff up in case it helps others. What people usually do is archive things, which you'll have to ask help for that since I haven't done so myself BigShotFancyMan (talk) 07:52, 3 December 2017 (MST)
Pages Worth Reading
After reviews of multiple pieces of work, I am kindly asking that you read this following pages to help you and everyone on this wiki. I think you have some great ideas but the benchmark for "the objective of a work of homebrew is to be compatible with the official core book rules content of its given edition of the game" is missing. I'll leave thing at that and hope that you take the time to read these pages thoroughly and ask questions if needed.
- The Quality Standard (DnD Guideline)
- Help:When to Italicize and Capitalize
- DnD Guidelines all of the 5e ones.
I believe these to cover everything necessary for now and I share these of out kindness. Look at other peoples' work for ideas and check out their edit history to see what balance changes were made. I also think you have to step away from the fantasy of being the end all be all character every time. Hang out long enough, you'll see you can still make really cool and fun stuff while maintaining balance for the site. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 09:44, 29 January 2018 (MST)
Would you like to do some collaborative worldbuilding?
Vampyre, Variant (5e Class)
- I have made a few changes. I have taken a kopi of the old model incase anything when wrong, hope you like my adding.
Hellow Again! So, it's been a couple days since I last contacted you and I've had some time to think about some ideas for the Inferno (5e Class). Check its talk page to see what I had in mind. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I feel compelled to edit all of your pages to clean up grammar, that is if you will let me. - InfernyaFenix (talk)
- Hey InfernyaFenix, don’t be worried about fixing grammar for pages. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 20:18, 14 April 2018 (MDT)
Hi, I've got round to watching your video about the Dominion Overlord. I appreciate the time you put into this. When I next get chance, I will have a look at the page and see if I can help with the grammar and so forth. Marasmusine (talk) 02:50, 1 June 2018 (MDT)
- I finally watched this video today. I was saddened that the class was mostly read to me. Since you are the OP for it I was hoping to hear your thoughts and inspiration for its design. A couple other thoughts crossed my mind but this is the main point for me. Cool beans for taking initiative and I hope you are able to do more of these when you get time again. Cheers! BigShotFancyMan (talk) 21:30, 11 June 2018 (MDT)
so maybe i should show its strengths and weaknesses and the role-play of the character if so i can do that maybe show what other classes might rival the the class and how it fits into the world.--Alucarddragonborn (talk) 16:09, 12 June 2018 (MDT)
- I like the sound of that. A class that does everything isn’t “fun”. I think the roleplay of the character is player dependent? and it could be interesting to hear your thoughts on the way a class interacts with other classes and the world around it. I already know that this class dominates the world around it though. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 16:26, 12 June 2018 (MDT)
- I began watching your video for the Demon King but it looked very much like your first video where you simply read the class. This time you kind of narrated the class like it was part of story which was different.
- I'd keep doing the videos though. It is cool to see someone from the wiki out there putting themselves out there. I wish I had more time. Have you watched the channel Nerdarchy? Or WebDM? These two channels review classes as well and maybe you can take pieces you like from those as well. ~ BigShotFancyMan (talk) 10:25, 12 December 2018 (MST)