From D&D Wiki
|“||Maybe we should use dandwiki instead ... the moderators are very kind and very helpful ~ Sig||”|
|“||Isn't the point of the wiki for us to foster and support the creative spirit that roleplaying games represent? ~ Cotsu||”|
- 1 About me
- 2 My Contributions
- 3 To Do
- 4 Variant Rules I use
- 5 Fun and Interesting Pages
I've been playing D&D about 15 years with a little 2nd edition, mostly 3.5, and currently 5e. I enjoy SOME anime, but I am very picky. A short list would include: DBZ, Full Metal Alchemist, Seven Deadly Sins, Berserk, Sword Art Online.
I use to stream League of Legends on twitch.tv as MrBigShotFancyMan, but with a full house of kids I stopped.
As for the wiki, I thoroughly enjoy the creativity of the site and seeing other user's ideas come to life. If you aren't sure how to balance your 5e ideas, or you are lost with what next to do, or you've got "stubs" on your page that aren't being explained, ask me and I'll gladly help.
Tips for Creating Homebrew
I am finding myself linking certain guidelines more and more for others so I am following suit of other users. Below is a list of guidelines I find most valuable to be familiar with before creating articles or for referencing while creating articles. Placing them here helps me find them more easily too :)
- The Help:Portal is nice for trying to find a subject, but you’ll have to dig around to find the article you need for the help you want. Still a good starting place.
- 5e Race Design Guide compiles multiple sources into what the wiki finds helpful when creating your own races.
- Class Do's and Don'ts (5e Guideline) and Understanding Bounded Accuracy (5e Guideline) are both essential for understanding 5th edition philosophy and game design. My favorite two articles and what I considered must reads.
- Class Damage (5e Guideline) has recently been created but its contents seem promising.
As always, the Player's Handbook/first party content is the golden rule for precedent and examples of what balance should be. As one of the guidelines suggest, base your creations off core rules, not homebrew.
Both of these characters are being played in homebrew campaigns
Gideon Rosewood: Aasimar Monk Way of the Shadow/Rogue Swashbuckler/Warlock Hexblade [KIA]
- Yuan-Ti Pureblood Rogue Way of the Shadow (Cross-Class Subclasses (5e Variant Rule)) ["replaced" Gideon]
- Witcher (5e Subclass)
Other Users Work I've Contributed To
- Abomination (5e Class) mentioned things on the talk page the main contributor (Asriel) liked
- Behemoth (5e Class)
- Card Slinger (5e Class) I reworked maybe 1/3-1/2 of this.
- Chronomancer Variant (5e Class)
- Necromancer (5e Class)(withBlobby), Probably my favorite thing I've contributed/reworked.
- Advanced Dwarven Mechanical Tank (5e Equipment)
- Arcane Archer Arcane Shot (5e Class Feature) for Xanathar's Guide to Everything
- Sorcerer Tides of Chaos, Variant
Help balance 5e topics in order to get balance templates removed. I find balancing fun and a joy to help others make their creations playable. If this interests you, check out the list of pages needing balance.
UPDATE-I never knew what I was signing up for lol BigShotFancyMan (talk) 11:15, 5 October 2017 (MDT)
Starting in the C's but I can see other pages have gotten tagged "needs balanced" where I've already been XD. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:34, 19 November 2017 (MST)
I've started over numerous times, and side tracked by many other but finally past the Cs. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 10:03, 8 May 2018 (MDT)
Articles Based On Something I have Knowledge About
Sin of Wrath, 2nd Variant (5e Class) Based on Seven Deadly Sins Anime, character Meliodas aka Aspect of Wrath
Quality Article and Featured Article nominees
Categorize Uncategorized Pages
I started keeping track of pages I am editing the most or ones that are most common and made templates!
Breadcrumb and Category templates
Variant Rules I use
Things I've found to improve play at my group's table:
Cross-Class Subclasses (5e Variant Rule) test playing one of these options, not necessarily using it
Recipes (5e Variant Rule) a work in progress for those that wanna cook the creatures they kill