From D&D Wiki
- I have created an Artifact, but the words are not showing up. Can you look into it? Thanks!!
- I don't see anything wrong with how the page is being displayed. Can you be more specific? --Green Dragon (talk) 01:05, 24 August 2019 (MDT)
- Fine with me. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 09:31, 29 August 2019 (MDT)
I know, I simply stated the other site so that neither side can cite me for plagiarizing my own work. It was a matter of covering my own rear in regards to the content I created and had put on both here and the other place.
I edited a newer message with no mention, but simply stated it's the same username so that Moderators would know it is me with my own work.
Taranil The God
- I created a new God, Taranil, but it does not show anything I wrote. Can you please look into it, thanks.
- The task is done Meowfish, just remember to get rid of <-- and --> when creating a new deity, race, ect. as stuff between the lines doesn't show on the page itself once you saved your edit.--Blobby383b (talk) 21:21, 30 August 2019 (MDT)
- Ok, thank you!
You scared the ever living
SHIT out of me dude lmao, but ya thanks for fixing that for me (in reference to my wip surged) on a side note seeing "this page has been deleted" scared the fuck out of me until i realized what was up -CmC
Cant make an account
Every time i try to create an account i get the same message. Theres a problem with my login session. I do not understand whats going on with that and its really frustrating me. I do the captcha and the puzzle so i cant figure out what the problem might be. Please help if possible.
- You are getting this message consistently? Very strange. I'll forward this to Blue Dragon.
- In the meantime, if you let me know your desired username and an email with which to privately contact you, I could create the account for you and email you a temporary password (with the expectation that you'd change the password after logging in). Would you like me to do this? — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 19:17, 3 September 2019 (MDT)
- Absolutely, the desired username is PrimalCreator and the email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and i did, ill log in right now.
Moving A Page Back
Hey Geodude, sorry to ask, but could you move the Martial Adept (3.5e Alternate Class Feature) page back to Martial Adept? I only realized after I moved it that the original naming scheme was correct as noted by all the page names found after this point on the 3.5e Alternate Class Features page. --Blobby383b (talk) 20:07, 8 September 2019 (MDT)
Deletion of comments by a troll
Good day Geodude,
Having a hard time finding a deletion policy about removing comments from a internet Troll. Someone I know in the physical word has taken it upon themselves to clog up one of my pages with trolly behaviour using a burner account, and no real intent to contribute to the content. What is the policy on removing comments like that?--Aethim (talk) 09:05, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
- Are you talking about Pit Fighter (5e Class)? If so, I’d hesitate to call that user a “troll” as they bring up legitimate issues with that class as far as I can tell. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 10:16, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
- The first statement by the troll should say it all. But if you look at the screen name, timestamp of when the user was made and compare it to when the page was created, and that the account has not contributed to anything else you can see that it is meant for harassment. Not actually to give constructive input. I have also confirmed who the troll is in physical world, and their intent. Anyway I have requested a speedy delete, I would be more comfortable contributing to a resource site that has better tools to deal with harassment.--Aethim (talk) 12:26, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
- The first comment is a bit uncalled for (particularly the last bit). Users who focus and talk only on one page/discussion are not totally unfamiliar on the wiki since many people may come and may fixate on one particular thing they like. The fact that this person continued the conversation seemingly in some earnest as far as I see on the talk page doesn't quite scream "troll," though maybe a bit ham-handed in trying to address what they felt were legitimate problems about the class. I have no idea what information you may have gotten on the individual in real life though. --Yanied (talk) 12:59, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
- Hopefully Geodude doesn't mind, we have tools to deal with harassment, but it is hard to handle a situation when we aren't fully aware of what is happening. Earlier Geodude had to assume the article being "trolled" by your accounts. Can you also refrain from calling another user a troll? Remarks like this are not helpful. Could you explain what your issue is, and with whom, and what page? Admins could more properly help you if we understand things more. Please be patient as we all have lives too, and want to help as soon as we can. 13:05, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
- My apologies if my last comment sounded like a slight at D&D Wiki, it wasn't. The situation is just getting frustrating. The person has since taken to other means to harass me, but on those platforms I can just block them and its all done. Eventually they will get bored and leave. I am just requesting the page be deleted since the wiki has no way of blocking users. And yes the page in question is Pit Fighter (5e Class) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Aethim (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts.
- I don't see that user's comments as "harassment," but maybe there's context from another site that we're missing. It seems like the other user has acted mostly civilly throughout your interactions, as Yanied said above, so at present no action will be taken. If things deteriorate, then we will look at discipline, but right now there's not much we can do. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 15:09, 13 September 2019 (MDT)
|I can not count the number of times where you have been very helpful to both me and other users by fixing page issues, deleting spam, and doing other thankless maintenance jobs yourself and with your bot. As such, I would like to properly thank you for always being such a solid support rock by giving you a cookie. Blobby383b (talk) 20:28, 10 October 2019 (MDT)|