Talk:Naruto: Shinobi (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
I am considering making this variant rule a fundamental part of this class. With the raw number of jutsu, there's really no reason to force players to take any particular jutsu. This will probably come with a much-needed summoning jutsu increase, but I can't really see any reasons not to beyond that. I am putting this out just in case anyone has any objections. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:24, 20 November 2020 (MST)
I do see where you're coming from with this but also it's really weird. Cuz I do like the whole thing of you know you level up into your chakra nature and you train for others and everything. And for me personally I kind of give out jutsu's as scrolls for like completing missions or like they find it in a chest or something.so there's multiple ways of doing it and it's not really restricting players it's only if the DM restricts them.
Is it normal that most basic justu have no chakra cost?
- Basic jutsu are meant to be this class's equivalent to cantrips, having a limited a cost and effect, so most do not have a cost. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:31, 26 November 2020 (MST)
I'm having a hard time understanding how Non-Linear Jutsu is supposed to work. Could I get an example?
- Absolutely! At 2nd level, Character chooses Water Style, and automatically gains Basic Ninjutsu. They can use both natures' basic jutsu, and chooses exclusively only Water Style jutsu: in this case Super Shark Bomb and Steaming Danger Tyranny (one for each nature they gained). At 3rd level, they choose only Basic Ninjutsu: in this case Rasengan and Giant Rasengan (which count as 1 because they are Basic). At 4th level, they may choose 2 jutsu to learn since it is an even level: in this instance they choose Planetary Rasengan, and Twin Rasengan (which count as 1 jutsu because Basic), and Water Dragon.
- If this is not in-depth enough or there is something still confusing you, please let me know. --Ref3rence (talk) 18:34, 27 November 2020 (MST)
Oh! This helps a bunch! I thought that it meant I still had to acquire unique Jutsu the normal way, thanks for clearing that up! Does that mean I can take Path unique jutsu as well? Big fan of your work, keep it up.
- As long as you have the necessary prerequisites, you absolutely can. It's also important to note that Fuinjutsu and Chakra Absorbing Jutsu still require their respective feats. --Ref3rence (talk) 08:04, 28 November 2020 (MST)
What exactly does the mystical palm Jutsu do?
- Thanks for catching that! The description must have gotten lost in a previous edit. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:26, 5 December 2020 (MST)
As per the editing guide, feel free to add any jutsu/path/etc that you wish to see implemented, though it may or may not be edited. If you don’t know how to write what you want in game terms, feel free to request it here. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:03, 11 July 2019 (MDT)
- also so do you want us to put Homebrew jutsus here because we can't edit the page I'm asking for one of my players who wants to share some of theirs
- Also can we also make requests for jutsus that involve with the whole team combining jutsus? If so I have a few ideas RenBimu
You can suggest anything, but a lot of team jutsu are simply ninja using certain jutsu at the same time, such as the Ino-Shika-Cho formation, so be sure to avoid those ones specifically. --Ref3rence (talk) 20:45, 11 May 2020 (MDT)
A booby trap subclass
- Sorry, I had to take a break from editing for a bit. A trap based subclass would be interesting, but may end up being worked into a puppet subclass. --Ref3rence (talk) 15:33, 26 July 2019 (MDT)
can we have a section for gadgets for the puppet Master class just to give them more variety like what I don't know a spiked sword or trapping system for its own way to shoot darts
Double Human Bullet Tank, Water Release: Surfing Strike
Also just a slightly personal opinion you should change onyx chidori to the susanoo beads And put onyx chidori in unique jutsus.
- Onyx chidori was chosen because, in my opinion, the Susanoo beads are too similar to the lawful Susanoo’s shuriken. If you suggest any unique Earth Style jutsu, I could see about adding them. -Ref3rence (talk) 11:35, 13 February 2020 (MST)
Earth Release: Rock Shuriken
- I’ve added a handful of the requested jutsu. Rock shuriken was not added as one can simply use shuriken shadow clone and simply call it rock shuriken. -Ref3rence (talk) 07:27, 4 March 2020 (MST)
Wind Release: Wind Cutter Technique, Medical Water Release: Water Scorpion, Medical Mode.
- I don't see a mechanical difference between Wind Cutter and Great Sickle Weasel, and Medical Mode and Mitotic Regeneration. As interesting as the Medical Water Styles are, Scorpion doesn’t make offer anything that the Path of the Healer doesn’t. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:32, 7 March 2020 (MST)
Is there any possibility of a Sand style or something similar to what Gaara does? The closest I can see trying get it is using Earth style and stylizing it as sand.
- You are correct. The closest thing to a “Sand Style” is flavoring Earth Style, Magnet Style, a handful of Wind Style Unique Jutsu, and Path of Permanence features. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:05, 20 April 2020 (MDT)
Okay sorry didn't see that thanks. Can you also add wind style great breakthrough?
- I can't really think of a way to differentiate it from the other wind style jutsu, but I might come back to it. --Ref3rence (talk) 21:02, 3 July 2020 (MDT)
Could you add twin lightning blades if that is canon, but something along those lines. If that makes sense lol-D
- I've thought about a good way to adapt double raikiri/double rasengan, but I haven't come up with a good way to do it. The easy answer is to make a jutsu with the same effects twice, but that seems to restrictive. Meanwhile, making a boon to allow for twin jutsu would require marking every jutsu individually as one- or two-handed. I'm sure I'll figure something out, or just buckle and do one of the options I mentioned, but we'll see. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:43, 12 July 2020 (MDT)
Okay thanks and sorry if it is to much extra work. I was also wondering if there is some way to like grapple or able to move sand like gaara does? If that makes any sense? Lol-D
- No worries. Gaara's sand coffin was adapted into the Path of Permanence's Elemental Coffin feature. --Ref3rence (talk) 18:31, 16 July 2020 (MDT)
Yeah I know, I'm not trying to sound mean or rude, I was meaning something like gaara vs sasuke kage summit fight if I'm remembering right. It could be the game version, but gaara was using his sand I guess more like extra limbs like an octopus if that makes any sense lol. Sorry if this is super confusing lol-D Spiked Human Bullet Tank
- Suicide Bombing Clone
- Sword of Kusanagi: Hawk Flash
- Water Release: Water Hail
- Susanoo: Tsukumo
- Crazy Butterfly Kick
- Sealing Technique: Spirit Sealing
- Insect Clone Technique
- Suicide Bombing Clone has not been added due to being too similar to the various explosive clone jutsu and C0. Hawk Flash doesn't seem any different to simply making attacks with a sword, and the same goes for Crazy Butterfly Kick with Butterfly Mode and Alder with Camellia. Water Hail seems identical to any other projectile water jutsu. Tsukumo is already a part of the good-aligned Susanoo's lance. I have no idea how to adapt Spirit Sealing without making it equal in power to a legendary item like the Kohaku no Johei. Adding Insect Clone would negate the decision behind choosing Hive Body over Mimicry. --Ref3rence (talk) 18:28, 25 November 2020 (MST)
Lightning Release: Snake Lightning, Sage Art: Goemon, Frog Kata, Fighting Tongue Bind, Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang, Secret Sword: Moonlight, Chakra Shockwave Slash, Flash, Samurai Sabre Technique, Rupture, Adamantine Seal: Monkey Yang Suppression, Kaima Form,Origami Replacement Technique
- Snake Lightning seems identical to pretty much every lightning jutsu, Goemon is incorporated as part of Elder Toad (5e Creature), Frog Kata is just making unarmed strikes in Sage Mode, Fighting Tongue Bind should be a thing only elder toads can use (which I will add in the future), Light Fang and Origami Replacement are already adapted, and any of the above kenjutsu are either identical to simply making sword attacks or seem difficult to adapt into mechanics, with Monkey Yang Suppression suffering from the latter. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:46, 3 December 2020 (MST)
Dunno if this is the right section or not. But could you take a look at the Path of Shikigami's 3rd feature? At will and no cost means they could hypothetically duplicate an unlimited amount of shuriken.
- Thanks for catching that, I have changed it to be more in line with what I had originally intended. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:28, 5 December 2020 (MST)
Would anybody find it at all useful if I created a campaign setting page for Naruto? I’ve been kicking around the idea for a while, but I want to know if anyone would actually use it. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:13, 13 November 2019 (MST)
I think that's an excellent idea. This class in particular is heavily bent towards working better in its own setting rather than in a normal D&D setting.
I honestly think creating a setting on its own for it would be optimal.
I'm loving the look of it so far, and I'm glad to see my items have been added to it too.
In my opinion they should probably be around CR 10-15 depending on the Character.
Considering the Akatsuki were supposed to be able to take down tailed beasts in teams of two (With the assistance of their rings, if I remember correctly. Which could be incorporated into their stat blocks), maybe their CR could increment depending on the amount of members present at the time.
Having Akatsuki members' abilities synergise with their respective partners could also be a fun idea.
The Sannin are a bit harder to decide though. They're supposed to be great on their own, rather than specifically as an unit. So I think a CR 18 or so might be appropriate, if they can utilise minions (summoning creatures to help, for example) that CR could probably be pumped up.
Is it possible to add movie creatures like the zero tails
Hey I don't want to come off rude or anything but when do you plan on working more on the Akatsuki members? Sorry if it sounds like I am coming off rude lol.-D
- I kinda put the project to the side for a while. I will most likely add them at a later date, but if anybody wants to contribute to the Akatsuki or any other part of this setting, go right ahead. -Ref3rence (talk) 16:46, 16 March 2020 (MDT)
I would love to help but I am pretty new to DND. But sounds great and thanks for everything. -D
- I recently made a large amount of stat blocks for the Akatsuki (5e Creature) and Naruto at Jinchuriki Overview (5e Creature). I would really appreciate if some of y'all could sort through the new pages because I'm sure I missed some things. I also botched all but Naruto's base forms's CRs, but I'm so burned out at this point to fix it right now. -Ref3rence (talk) 19:23, 15 April 2020 (MDT)
Damn dude you put alot of work into this and I'm like impressed af over all this hard work you ever take any breaks my dude? RenBimu
- Thanks for your support! I didn't have to do anything else for the past few days, so this is pretty much all I've done save for walking my dog so I don't atrophy. I finally got into the flow of making creatures, so it looks like more work than it is. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:15, 16 April 2020 (MDT)
Hey man under the Jinchuriki Overview you have nine tailed jinchuriki listed twice RenBimu
I check back on here very 3 hours or so seeing what's been added and if I cetch anything I'll let you know bro RenBimu
I've corrected two so far. 1: 3rd hokage was the 4th hokage name I and I changed that to his rightful name. And 2: in 4th hokage his big ball rasangon you had "from naruto" and I changed that to his rightful name. RenBimu
- Thanks again. I used Minato as a base for the other Hokage, and I think Minato himself was derived from Sage Naruto. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:36, 19 April 2020 (MDT)
Well in cannon Minato did take the yin or yang part of the 9 tails and sealed it inside himself and sealed the other half in naruto before he died and what little chakra they had left they left ot there just in case the seal breaks RenBimu
I have a question my man. Are you going to make a campaign or set up different missions? RenBimu
- Definitely, but I think it’ll probably be the, or at least one of the, last steps. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:46, 22 April 2020 (MDT)
Whats on our to do list today boss? RenBimu
- I'll probably finish off the Leaf and then start working my way down the Sound from the top. If you wanted, I would really appreciate it if you helped with Dosu down to Karin. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:20, 30 April 2020 (MDT)
Should we make a naruto human race that gives clan and a slight buff tonthe class or no? ~killshot
- I always figured the variant human works pretty well for that with the adaptable ASI and, while it isn't outright stated, the feat choice could be used for hiden/kekkei genkai jutsu. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:44, 6 May 2020 (MDT)
I think maybe the cells traits or epic boons could bee the reward of missions from Orochimaru seeing how advanced his base is in Boruto
- That's entirely up to the DM. While they certainly could be, completely restricting them to one source would heavily limit a DM. --Ref3rence (talk) 07:29, 25 July 2020 (MDT)
But I do have questions do you plan on making the sound 4 or kaguya or naruto and sasuke as creatures?
That's awesome to see at least the important characters are gonna be in there it fit well for the campaign setting you have I just wish I knew how this format works and I'd create some of the characters along side you -Bimu
- Honestly, I’d say the best way to start is to make an account and use trial and error. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:03, 21 March 2020 (MDT)
Alright ill give that a shot bro -Bimu
Hey I saw in the campaign settings for the leaf you did have the anbu but took it away. I was wondering if you are going to or if you could add anbu? Of course whenever you are done with your break.-Sean
- The purpose of Anbu was originally to be the Hidden Leaf's "special shinobi" in the same way that the Sand has puppet masters, Mist has hunter-nin, Cloud has kenjutsu, and Stone has Kamizuru, though I may replace them with Explosion Corps. Since Konoha has a ton of unique clans, Anbu kinda lost its place. You can pretty much use any jonin or clan to represent Anbu.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:54, 27 May 2020 (MDT)