Talk:Naruto: Shinobi (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
I am considering making this variant rule a fundamental part of this class. With the raw number of jutsu, there's really no reason to force players to take any particular jutsu. This will probably come with a much-needed summoning jutsu increase, but I can't really see any reasons not to beyond that. I am putting this out just in case anyone has any objections. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:24, 20 November 2020 (MST)
I do see where you're coming from with this but also it's really weird. Cuz I do like the whole thing of you know you level up into your chakra nature and you train for others and everything. And for me personally I kind of give out jutsu's as scrolls for like completing missions or like they find it in a chest or something.so there's multiple ways of doing it and it's not really restricting players it's only if the DM restricts them.
- I'm not really seeing where you're coming from. How is only allowing players to gain a handful of arbitrary jutsu in an arbitrary order not restricting them? Why couldn't you just give a player a different scroll, or training in a jutsu of their choice, for completing a mission? I guess I'm just not getting where you're coming from. --Ref3rence (talk) 22:05, 17 December 2020 (MST)
Seeing no one's been giving any opinions for so long. I'll just drop mine here. My opinion is I agree, there's no reason to restrict by level, as you also said many times you rather stuff in the class work with chakra. In non linear jutsu, chakra is the restriction, as if you'd want to be able to use one of the powerful Jutsus too early you'll either risk a lot of exhaustion if you're using the chakra exhaustion variant rule. Or you'll have to make your build focused on chakra. Plus learning Jutsus in a linear way is maybe a bit unrealistic as everyone will be learning the same thing in the same order. In stuff like ninja academy that makes sense. But it wouldn't make sense with stuff like ninja assassins learning the same thing a basic village ninja is learning, and it also makes getting unique Jutsu kind of difficult without breaking the amount of jutsu you're supposed to have with how you only get set Jutsu. So you should make non linear a fundamental part of the class. P@uL (talk) 03:56, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
- Thanks for the input! As we already had 1 yae and 1 nay, I won't be making any changes for now until we have a tie-breaker opinion.--Ref3rence (talk) 08:52, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
If you're still looking for opinions, I definitely agree, I use the variant rule and it makes the class tons more enjoyable and makes each character feel more like an individual rather than having the same jutsus learned throughout the whole party with the characters feeling more expendable, and it allows for some interesting jutsu combinations. It also allows you to have that wider range of versatility in the party that you wouldn't get otherwise so you'll probably have someone for every situation. It pretty much just makes the class more fun.
i see where your coming from, but i think it being a variant rule would fit it better as it would be up to the dm to use the rule, making it a thing the group could vote on.
- But that doesn't refute any of the other points. The original way is like forcing every spellcaster to gain True Strike and Mage Hand. Are some casters going to use it? Sure. Is forcing it on every player justified in any way (i.e. lore, character, progression, etc.)? If so, I really don't see it. For instance, in canon there are roughly 10 people who use the Rasengan or a Rasengan-like technique (including movie and filler characters) because they were in the right place, were with the right people, or were the right people. Using the original chakra rules, suddenly half of the entire universe knows the Rasengan. While I am admittedly singling out an easy example, this applies to pretty much every traditionally acquired jutsu gained after 8th level (and a couple gained on and before like chidori and the various seals). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see why anyone would vote against it outside of possibly misplaced nostalgia.--Ref3rence (talk) 18:07, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
Removing the Blade
Howdy, all. Deadly Blade has been a sore spot for me for a while, as the idea of a class feature that grants you a physical item instead of an intrinsic character ability, especially one of potential significance in the world, has always rubbed me the wrong way for hopefully obvious reasons. The main reason Deadly Blade has remained a feature on this page is because I couldn't think of an alternate feature, but now we have that alternate feature in Jutsu Assassination. And so I ask you, the community I hope is occasionally checking this page, would anyone be particularly upset if I were to reduce Deadly Blade to magic items (to be listed at 5e Magic Items (Shinobi World Setting)) and full on replace it with Jutsu Assassination?--Ref3rence (talk) 21:28, 30 March 2021 (MDT)
That would be a nice change considering the class is more Zabuza-based and the fact that blades like Samehada could finally be buffed to their full extent --Bobert (talk) 07:06, 31 March 2021 (MDT)Bobert
- I'm going to leave conversation open for until 20:00, but at this point they have all been converted into items, and it's only a matter of time.--Ref3rence (talk) 13:02, 31 March 2021 (MDT)
i do agree that we should leave out the seven blades of the mist, but i also think that we should keep other magical swords from naruto like the sword of kusanagi, but maybe have a chakra cost to summon out the blade and have it disappear after a long rest if you dont like the idea of a physical item. what is your opinion on this? -plywood tank
- Real quick since it's relevant, I'm going to mention that all weapons from this subclass have been turned into magic items listed here. I suppose being able to summon one's weapon fixes the problem of it being a class feature that grants an easily losable bonus, I'm mostly unsure what you mean. Every item listed holds a high amount of significance in Naruto lore, so removing some but keeping others doesn't really fix that. It's also still giving a player a physical item, just one they can summon that reseals(?) every long rest. It also doesn't fix the idea of a character just mystically discovering a magic item, when that kind of thing should be a reward in pretty much every regard. Your proposal also negates one of the only 2 interesting thing the Sword of Kusanagi (and Totsuka Blade and Yata Mirror, which I'm curious why you decided to remove) has.--Ref3rence (talk) 20:52, 31 March 2021 (MDT)
Question, I’ve checked the link out and some of the other Deadly Blades and other previously added blades (Sword of Kusanagi, White Chakra Sabre, etc) are missing? Is it on another page or are is it still in the works?
- They're all listed at at 5e Magic Items (Shinobi World Setting), just spread throughout various rarities so players can reasonably get them at times earlier than 20th level. If for some reason they just aren't displaying for you (weirder things have happened for me), here's White Light Chakra Sabre and Sword of Kusanagi. You might try searching for them on the page using CTRL + F.--Ref3rence (talk) 08:30, 2 April 2021 (MDT)
This is primarily concerning Hit (Wo)Man, but any user is welcome to throw in their two cents. Certain things in edits done today have been hidden for now that I would like to discuss, and hopefully come to a conclusion on.
Firstly, the Signature Jutsu feat: this is a feat that has the effects of both Onyx Jutsu (a 20th level feature) and Lament Jutsu (a 10th level feature), upon other benefits. Being able to gain any of these at 4th level, or potentially 1st as a variant human, is far too strong, much less both of them plus some other, admittedly really interesting and fun in the case of switching from attack to save, and admittedly busted and vague in being able to combine it with another jutsu, benefits. It also clashes with the Signature Jutsu subclass feature and the "Fear not the shinobi who has practiced 1,000 jutsu 1 time, but who has practiced 1 jutsu 1,000 times" nindo.
Secondly, gaining and the nature of the Basic and Advanced Absorption Technique: firstly, the Absorption Nin feat is already strong enough without gaining additional jutsu. Secondly, Unique Chakra Absorbing Jutsu is not a nature, they are meant to be replacements for individual jutsu, so treating them like a nature by giving a basic technique is odd. Thirdly, the point of absorption jutsu is to be a risky investment. They all have relatively high costs with the possibility to grant far more than they cost. Basic is absolutely not that, beyond the yikes of it costs nothing, there is 0 risk. Even Advanced, which has a cost, can easily be made up if you deal at least 4 damage every turn, which any player using it will be. There's no all-or-nothing mentality, you're bound to regain at least half of its cost without even trying. Compounding on top of this, there's nothing saying you have to hit a creature, only deal damage, so what's keeping a player from punching a tree every now and then to have effectively infinite chakra?
Thirdly, and most minorly, the plural of jutsu is jutsu. Jutsu's is possessive (i.e. it's the same as saying "of the jutsu"). Not that big of a deal, not trying to judge, just an important thing to keep in mind for any future edits on this page, which despite the wall of text I really hope you do.--Ref3rence (talk) 17:53, 29 March 2021 (MDT)
- Fair nough Reference. The actual feats themselves, we've used and with the amount of feats they're are, taking as example, 'Signature Justu', I've been the only 1 in a part of 6 of this class only, 6 people, only 1 whose been considering event taking multiple, and me taking 1 of it for now. Not disagreeing it's strong, same with the Chakra absorption, but fair enough for it not being in the doc.
- But I would like to discuss Kirin itself. As a jutsu of similar strength, Particle Style/Disintegration does add the damage to the technique and same with magic missile and similar technique's. Kirin itself... uh... it sucks. it does less damage than Particle Style/Disintegration, great fire annihilation or other technique's that should be of 'similar' power and the technique itself is strangely worded and used. It's a massive AOE ability in the anime but only targets 1 person, but becomes an AOE if the target is reduced to 0 in the doc but was changed due to how the anime worked but still how the technique itself works? It's a strange change to the technique.
- I got the jutsu as it probably should be: from a special event that was extremely rare that I could die from from speaking wrong, and rolled a nat 20 to even start the event. After getting this technique... It's no better than other jutsu's. just doing 2 great fire balls are just as effective as doing this technique. or chidori. Or Jigokuzuki. Or any other Lightning/other Technique. It already takes 2 turns to set up normally to use without a storm already up. It does not much, around 40 on average and then the storm goes away. I argue the 20 damage, like Disintegration, helps as it's a high level jutsu that should have set damage as well as the lower cost. Mind you, creating the storm with storm style costs 15. So creating a storm for 15 chakra, the same amount as normal Kirin or random rolling with DM for weather (if the DM even decides it's not sunny), isn't helpful.
- Understandable about chakra absorption and Signature. But Kirin is too weak, and should be similar to Particle Style/Disintegration, great fire annihilation. Cost should be lowered for summoning lighting and creating storms akin to how I had it and a bit higher damage to keep it as like, other technique's. Great Fireball and great fire annihilation are better. Chidori, better. Most technique's are better. It needs buffs and changes to fix it. Just my thoughts and not trying to insult you or anything. Also, it either needs to be single target or AOE, not both as your version is AOE and not AOE. As example, mine was AOE, small but AOE but if brought to 0 then a little bigger. I realize that's not similar to the show with how mine worked but the technique itself is very different than the show. looks at Uchiha Hideout --Hit (Wo)Man (talk) 15:58, 4 April 2021 (MDT)
- I think you're misunderstanding the wording. If there are multiple object or creatures in the initial lightning bolt, it should theoretically be able to absorb the jutsu's damage, such as a strong building. It only becomes an AOE if it, in less mechanical terms, impacts the ground, creating a blast. There's also nothing saying you can't just target a space 5 ft. next to your target if something's above them, resulting in the AOE effect anyway, since effects don't have to target creatures.
- That all being said, I can see how the wording can be confusing. I will be revising it to hopefully find a happy medium. The point of creating the storm being more costly than Storm Style: Jewel of the Dragon Head is to give the jutsu a purpose as a supplement to Kirin in a non-linear jutsu campaign.--Ref3rence (talk) 15:34, 1 April 2021 (MDT)
Hi. I wanted to ask if we could add the level requirements for jutsus back because I was mid-DM'ing a campaign with the shinobi world campaign when someone told me that they performed greater fireball jistu, and I was confused as to why they would have that at such an early level, so I checked the page to make sure, just to see that they can cast all jitsus right now. Please, at least for the chakra natures and the genkai, because I don't know what my players should and shouldn't know already. Thank you. --Fellow creator, Picigu9 (talk) 19:01, 8 April 2021 (MDT)
- As per the discussion still on this page, what used to be the Non-Linear Jutsu variant rule has been integrated to the main class under the premise that unique jutsu were almost pointless previously, and that there's no reason everybody should have the same 5 jutsu. Assuming your players are 7th level (Great Fireball was restricted to 8th level), they should know 10 jutsu total, with Basic Ninjutsu counting as half as many, as detailed under the Chakra header. Generally, if there's a big change that makes this page look overpowered compared to a previous version (i.e. allowing players to "cast all jitsus"), check the edit that made the change, because there's probably a reason and something you're missing. If you're REALLY attached to players having the same couple of jutsu for whatever reason, here's a link to the revision immediately before it was changed.--Ref3rence (talk) 20:12, 8 April 2021 (MDT)
When it says increase maximum hit dice for alternate chakra nature options, does that mean it would go from a D8 to a D10 or would it mean you’ll have 2 extra D8s for your hit dice?y
As I said in the edit description, love the new jutsu, but I do have a few questions:
- Vacuum Sphere only targets one creature, but its range is a line implying that you make an attack roll against every creature in the line.
- Generally, "X Style" is implied, so we only really add them for things like shadow clone variations, as it is implied by being listed under X Style Jutsu.
- Whirlwind Fist was occluded because there's already a Whirlwind Fist on-page.
In Path Of Succession’s 60% and 80% column, it says you can break your horn with a Strength roll but I see no point in trying to “severe you’re connection to the Otsutsuki” or is it supposed to work the same way as Path Of the Beast where your Tailed Beast controls you?
- As stated at the top of 20% Extraction, any Otsutsuki form lasts until you can't maintain it, with breaking the horn being the only way to end it at will.--Ref3rence (talk) 19:24, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
- I couldn't figure out a good way to word it, but the additional hit dice are meant to function the same way as those gained from regular class leveling hit dice, increasing your maximum hit points and what not.--Ref3rence (talk) 22:43, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
There are many typos on Chidori Spear that make it hard to understand and could use a bit of clarification, would appreciate it if that could be fixed, thanks, and Happy Easter!
How does Exhaustion levels work for Possession in Path of Mutation? And what will also happen if the any of the creatures (Host or the PoM Shinobi) die while still possessed?
Would Anti Magic areas prevent you from using jutsus?
Is Tsuchigumo Style: Forbidden Life Technique Release: Creation of Heaven and Earth, meant to be so strong?
- It's intended to be strong, but I can see why it may be too strong. I will be revising shortly.--Ref3rence (talk) 09:20, 6 April 2021 (MDT)
I happened to look into the Tsuchigumo seal thing, for RP reasons, and I got to discover that the original user actually had sealed it on himself and even used Fury without dying. Maybe I interpreted something wrong, or maybe you just want to keep it like this for the sake of balance. Just thought that I'd let you know... For some reason. Anyway, now you know lol.
- I'm unclear if both the Tsuchigumo Style and Edo Tensei posts were both from Fricky, so I'm putting this here. I'd be interested in where you "discovered" this, since the canonical original user, En no Gyōja, only ever used Fury himself, sealing Tsuchigumo Style in his grandaughter Hotaru. Tsuchigumo Style was nerfed because initially it was so absurdly powerful that having it was essentially an insta-win/never die. Also, nothing says you can't use Fury without dying, the user just needs a lot of chakra (i.e. from using Tsuchigumo Style). ---Ref3rence (talk) 09:41, 7 April 2021 (MDT)
Do all jutsu deal magic damage?
Does affinity apply to non nature jutsus such as Shadow Possession,Fuinjutsu,Path-Exclusive Jutsus,etc
Can you choose which damage dice to reroll with the Jogan Boon, for example, I use rasengan and rolled 10 on some of my dice but 1 on the others?
- You can not. You either reroll all dice included in the roll, or you do not.--Ref3rence (talk) 23:26, 8 April 2021 (MDT)
Would having only each Jogan count as 1 number lower for your crits? for example, if I have 4 Jogans from Dojutsu Acceptant Biology my crit range would be 16-20?
- I think I've answered this before, not that I'm complaining, but I've intentionally left it ambiguous for the sake of DM balance. I would personally say that you are right, but that the idea is not applicable since the Jogan is rare enough to the point that we've only seen one in the entire series, and it's a boon so the DM decides when and if it shows up, but I can also easily see it getting out of hand with a less-experienced DM. Hopefully I will be able to make this more solid once we (hopefully) get more Jogan content.--Ref3rence (talk) 23:26, 8 April 2021 (MDT)
Does Mysterious Peacock Method: Chakra Predation, need any chakra to cast?
Can you use Mysterious Peacock Method: Wings multiple times?
- Initially Chakra Predation did not, but it has been rebalanced based on other chakra absorbing jutsu. Wings has been modified to require concentration, however, a creature can benefit from multiple uses of it from different creatures.--09:10, 10 April 2021 (MDT)
How long does Body Flicker last and can it stack?
Does Bound Element give you a new Chakra nature or gives affinity to one you already know?
- yes,--—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Plywood tank (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
Does Fuinjutsu, Shadow Possession,Taijutsu,etc count as chakra natures for Bound Element?
- yes.--—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Plywood tank (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
Does Chimera Technique make the target unable to use the features/jutsus absorbed for the duration?
What can we do if we can’t learn anymore jutsus, for example, Someone takes the Lee Clan Boon and doesn’t have the prerequisites to get Absorption,Shadow or Barrier Nin and has already learned every Taijutsu.
- At the moment there is not any particular ruling that feels both satisfying and balanced. In the future I hope to have 75 jutsu for each nature, but that's bound to take some time. Until then, feel free to suggest anything.--Ref3rence (talk) 18:07, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
This might be a bit trivial, but if I apply Sage Art to Palm Bottom would that mean there’s Senjutsu inside the target and would turn them to stone if they’re not trained to handle it?
- Palm Bottom deals damage without granting the target chakra, so no.--Ref3rence (talk) 18:07, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
If PCs roll a Kekkai Genkai, do they also gain access to the other 2 natures that compose it?
Does difficult terrain affect Shadow Possession or any of it’s other jutsus?
- The only thing that affects Shadow Imitation Technique is light level.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:16, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
Wasn't sure where to ask this lol, but if I were to come across small things like misspellings/typos, is it ok to fix them? Or should we always request for someone to edit them out? --Jaydon105 (talk)
- Go right ahead, although current events may lead to the occasional edit conflict lol.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:36, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
How many creatures are able to occupy a Complete-Body Susanoo, and if you were to teleport using something like Flying Raijin or Amenotejikara while they were occupying your space could you bring all of them or only 1?--Jaydon105 (talk) 17:04, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
- An armored susanoo is Huge (15 ft. x 15 ft.), and since each creature takes up 5 ft., an armored susanoo has a capacity for 9 creatures including yourself. With 2 instances of Complete-Body Susanoo, your size category increases by 1 to Gargantuan (20 ft. x 20 ft.), resulting in 16 creatures. However, there is a blind spot for movement, which I will correct shortly.--Ref3rence (talk) 17:13, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
Ok awesome, and if you teleport using one of the previous jutsu as a reaction to an attack, would the attacker lose their attack or would they still be able to use that attack on a different target?--Jaydon105 (talk) 17:22, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
- They have already made the attack, so they would not be able to make some sort of "free attack", though a DM may decide that another creature is close enough (such as being behind them) that an attack would be justified, most likely with disadvantage.--Ref3rence (talk) 17:43, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
Would Shadow Possession and Mind Body Switch Jutsu work on incapacitated creatures or even corpses?
- Incapacitated creatures don't cause any problems. As for dead creatures, that ultimately comes down to whether or not corpses count as creatures. A quick google search finds a couple of WotC responses that point to object, so these jutsu could not target them.--Ref3rence (talk) 23:39, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
Do the effects of Mysterious Peacock method still carry on when you're brought down? Or do you lose the 10 Chakra
- Thanks for catching that blindspot, hopefully it has been clarified on-page.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:11, 14 April 2021 (MDT)
In *Arriving Life: Thousand-Armed Preservation* does it says "they may not take actions" is it the user or the ones attacking effected?
- This jutsu does not affect other creatures, only making attack rolls miss the user, so the user loses the ability to take actions.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:11, 14 April 2021 (MDT)
If someone used Sukunahikona on an object that contains a creature in it (such as buildings that 20ft or less) what will happen to the creature?
Since it’s clarified what Senjutsu Chakra would do to a creature, would anything happen if a creature received Black,Red,Specialized,etc Chakra from Chakra Transfer?
- I'm currently working in a way to implement that, with the general idea being that X chakra forces you into the first transformation granted by the path, while 2X+ causes you to take damage. The only difference between normal and specialized chakra is that it can only be spent on jutsu of a certain nature, so that would carry over to any creatures to gain said chakra. That being said, this class is currently on the back-burner for me as I work on Berserk (5e Campaign Setting), so I personally won't be implementing this any time soon. Any registered user is welcome to.--Ref3rence (talk) 12:16, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
do you need to use chidori first to use chidori senbon?
if you have sage mode or another sort of power, would that negate turning into a tree from that specific power if you were the path of mutation?
- It would not; you would become the source of natural energy, thus turning you into a tree.--Ref3rence (talk) 12:16, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
Do you suffer any negatives from only having one Dojutsu? For example, if a player had two Sharingan and one was stolen would they lose anything besides their potential Mangekyo ability in that eye?--Jaydon105 (talk) 15:20, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
- At the moment you do not. Perhaps an increased chakra maintenance cost would be appropriate, perhaps not, I'm not entirely sure.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:41, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
Would you still be able to use the Rinnegan,Ketsuryugan,Tenseigan and other dojutsus with the exception Sharingan, Byakugan and Manual Dojutsu if you’re blind since the other dojutsus don’t have any features that exclusively relies on sight?
Would Omoikane temporarily work on a blind creature?
- No, the sight granted by Omoikane still requires sight.--Ref3rence (talk) 09:15, 17 April 2021 (MDT)
Question, Path of Adequacy, the way it is now, does it give you any jutsu from anywhere, or do you have to meet the requirements for it now?
As per the editing guide, feel free to add any jutsu/path/etc that you wish to see implemented, though it may or may not be edited. If you don’t know how to write what you want in game terms, feel free to request it here. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:03, 11 July 2019 (MDT)
- also so do you want us to put Homebrew jutsus here because we can't edit the page I'm asking for one of my players who wants to share some of theirs
- Also can we also make requests for jutsus that involve with the whole team combining jutsus? If so I have a few ideas RenBimu
You can suggest anything, but a lot of team jutsu are simply ninja using certain jutsu at the same time, such as the Ino-Shika-Cho formation, so be sure to avoid those ones specifically. --Ref3rence (talk) 20:45, 11 May 2020 (MDT)
A booby trap subclass
- Sorry, I had to take a break from editing for a bit. A trap based subclass would be interesting, but may end up being worked into a puppet subclass. --Ref3rence (talk) 15:33, 26 July 2019 (MDT)
can we have a section for gadgets for the puppet Master class just to give them more variety like what I don't know a spiked sword or trapping system for its own way to shoot darts
Double Human Bullet Tank, Water Release: Surfing Strike
Earth Release: Rock Shuriken
- I’ve added a handful of the requested jutsu. Rock shuriken was not added as one can simply use shuriken shadow clone and simply call it rock shuriken. -Ref3rence (talk) 07:27, 4 March 2020 (MST)
Wind Release: Wind Cutter Technique, Medical Water Release: Water Scorpion, Medical Mode.
- I don't see a mechanical difference between Wind Cutter and Great Sickle Weasel, and Medical Mode and Mitotic Regeneration. As interesting as the Medical Water Styles are, Scorpion doesn’t make offer anything that the Path of the Healer doesn’t. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:32, 7 March 2020 (MST)
Is there any possibility of a Sand style or something similar to what Gaara does? The closest I can see trying get it is using Earth style and stylizing it as sand.
- You are correct. The closest thing to a “Sand Style” is flavoring Earth Style, Magnet Style, a handful of Wind Style Unique Jutsu, and Path of Permanence features. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:05, 20 April 2020 (MDT)
Okay sorry didn't see that thanks. Can you also add wind style great breakthrough?
- I can't really think of a way to differentiate it from the other wind style jutsu, but I might come back to it. --Ref3rence (talk) 21:02, 3 July 2020 (MDT)
Could you add twin lightning blades if that is canon, but something along those lines. If that makes sense lol-D
- I've thought about a good way to adapt double raikiri/double rasengan, but I haven't come up with a good way to do it. The easy answer is to make a jutsu with the same effects twice, but that seems to restrictive. Meanwhile, making a boon to allow for twin jutsu would require marking every jutsu individually as one- or two-handed. I'm sure I'll figure something out, or just buckle and do one of the options I mentioned, but we'll see. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:43, 12 July 2020 (MDT)
Okay thanks and sorry if it is to much extra work. I was also wondering if there is some way to like grapple or able to move sand like gaara does? If that makes any sense? Lol-D
- No worries. Gaara's sand coffin was adapted into the Path of Permanence's Elemental Coffin feature. --Ref3rence (talk) 18:31, 16 July 2020 (MDT)
Yeah I know, I'm not trying to sound mean or rude, I was meaning something like gaara vs sasuke kage summit fight if I'm remembering right. It could be the game version, but gaara was using his sand I guess more like extra limbs like an octopus if that makes any sense lol. Sorry if this is super confusing lol-D Spiked Human Bullet Tank
- Suicide Bombing Clone
- Sword of Kusanagi: Hawk Flash
- Water Release: Water Hail
- Susanoo: Tsukumo
- Crazy Butterfly Kick
- Sealing Technique: Spirit Sealing
- Insect Clone Technique
- Suicide Bombing Clone has not been added due to being too similar to the various explosive clone jutsu and C0. Hawk Flash doesn't seem any different to simply making attacks with a sword, and the same goes for Crazy Butterfly Kick with Butterfly Mode and Alder with Camellia. Water Hail seems identical to any other projectile water jutsu. Tsukumo is already a part of the good-aligned Susanoo's lance. I have no idea how to adapt Spirit Sealing without making it equal in power to a legendary item like the Kohaku no Johei. Adding Insect Clone would negate the decision behind choosing Hive Body over Mimicry. --Ref3rence (talk) 18:28, 25 November 2020 (MST)
Lightning Release: Snake Lightning, Sage Art: Goemon, Frog Kata, Fighting Tongue Bind, Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang, Secret Sword: Moonlight, Chakra Shockwave Slash, Flash, Samurai Sabre Technique, Rupture, Adamantine Seal: Monkey Yang Suppression, Kaima Form,Origami Replacement Technique
- Snake Lightning seems identical to pretty much every lightning jutsu, Goemon is incorporated as part of Elder Toad (5e Creature), Frog Kata is just making unarmed strikes in Sage Mode, Fighting Tongue Bind should be a thing only elder toads can use (which I will add in the future), Light Fang and Origami Replacement are already adapted, and any of the above kenjutsu are either identical to simply making sword attacks or seem difficult to adapt into mechanics, with Monkey Yang Suppression suffering from the latter. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:46, 3 December 2020 (MST)
What about a subclass based off scientific ninja tools and shinobiware like Garo, Kawaki or other members of Kara?
- I think scientific ninja tools and shinobiware should be campaign equipment rather than a subclass. --Ref3rence (talk) 12:28, 27 January 2021 (MST)
Will Kunitsikami and Reibi (Zero-Tails) jinchurikis get a variant rule like you did with the Ten-Tails due to them not being regular Tailed Beasts?
- I don't see why either of those would require variant rules, as neither of them grant their junchuriki the variety of powers the Ten-Tails does. --Ref3rence (talk) 13:09, 30 January 2021 (MST)
I can understand Reibi, but didn’t Kunitsikami Naruto gain access to various nature releases and access to the Kunitsikami (Boon) as well?
- Kunitsukami Naruto gained all of the Super Tailed Beast Rasenshuriken (which might be changed to an enhanced version of TBB enhancement) and MAYBE all of the Jinchuriki feats. That being said, I will add a variant rule for befriending a tailed beast that grants the above in a minute. --Ref3rence (talk) 08:59, 31 January 2021 (MST)
This is a question from one of my players: Hello there, I was wondering why aren't there any path of companionship insect swarm unique jutsu? as well as more of a focus on that part of path of companionship? And does the kikaichu's drain ability, level up with me or no?
- There aren't more insect-specific jutsu because most just aren't mechanically useful or unique, with a similar, if not worse, problem occurring with the Inuzuka's unique jutsu. That being said, feel free to suggest any that you find interesting. Your other question, the original version of the feature had a pretty big blind spot when it comes to saving throws, hopefully this has been rectified.--Ref3rence (talk) 12:30, 2 March 2021 (MST)
Are there currently any plans for changes on Path Of Companionship? I like it as is concept wise, i just think it falls a tad short in the lower level abilities(the upper levels are great as is!), one thing paricularly that i dont think is necessary is the removal of any multiattacks with Companions bond. I also feel as though increasing the max CR of your companion may make the subclass more interesting.
- There are no current plans to change it. The loss of multiattacks and CR limitation is necessary due to having a companion doubling the number of creatures a player controls, specifically twice as many actions and hit points is very VERY powerful. That being said, a companion should probably gain your class features.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:44, 8 March 2021 (MST)
The creature gaining class features seems like a great change, but i imagine this isnt meant to let them cast jutsu, so you may want to specify that. Unless they are meant too, which would be cool, but maybe unrealistic.
- I don't see why they couldn't. Shino and Kiba have their various companions use jutsu regularly, and Itachi can even cast Kotoamatsukami using his crow.--Ref3rence (talk) 20:33, 12 March 2021 (MST)
Separating Path of Companion into their own subclasses: I.E: Beast-Nin, or Insect-Nin would allow for more versatility for both. As it stands, insects seem horrendously outshined when compared to the Beast aspect. I could write up an editable template as I did with the Path of Specialization, if you wish to go down this route. To take some of the weight off of your shoulders. Always willing to help! (Edit) Also, I just noticed someone already brought up Path of Companionship, but my statement stands. Best wishes! (Edit) Sykon (talk) 17:15, 9 March 2021 (MST)
- Sorry for the delay, real life happens sometimes, but hopefully I'm back for now. I didn't distinguish between bug and beast at the time of creation because I couldn't come up with enough interesting ideas unique to insect-nin. That being said, feel free to split them as you wish, Sykon, it's gonna take a minute for me to get back into the editing groove.
I think allowing the Path of The Assassin's deadly blade to benefit from your martial arts feature would be a great idea, because without it your damage eventually falls off compared to normal people using their fists. Im playing with the Path of the Assassin in a campaign rn, and i made my custom nindo have that effect because i really do think its necessary.
- I completely disagree. Most weapons deal around 2d6 damage, so assuming you're using the old unarmed die, you only get outclassed by 0.5 average damage at 11th, and by 3 at 17th. While a difference in 3 certainly matters, it's easily made up for with Proficient Assassin (which only works with weapons, and not unarmed strikes), making you deal an additional 10.5 damage 1/round at 17th and 14 at 18th, which shouldn't be a problem given just how easy it is to gain advantage with jutsu (even with linear jutsu since paralysis seals cost 2 chakra and you get them before Deadly Blade). Also, in terms of nindo, being able to double the amount of damage you deal without limit is far too powerful, maybe something along the lines of being able to make an attack with your blade as a bonus action would be more balanced.--Ref3rence (talk) 10:11, 16 March 2021 (MDT)
Hey, I have a small problem aswell, It has to do with a custom Nindo too, I'm not good at making them either, so i was hoping you could help. I play a girl who is extremely childish, and only gets serious when her friends are in danger. So I was hoping for a nindo of something along the lines of "My friends are all that matter" if you could come up with something that would be amazing. MrxChamp (talk) 06:33, 22 March 2021 (MDT)
- Maybe this is me misunderstanding your request, but that sounds a lot like "I refuse to watch my ally die" or "I'll keep everyone alive".--Ref3rence (talk) 17:54, 22 March 2021 (MDT)
- I see where the mis-understanding is coming from, I do. That just doesn’t fit her actually, I’ll tell you more about her; She is a very childish girl who only gets serious when her friends are in danger, she’s been friends with them for years, and if it helps she uses Basic, Water, and Wood Style, she’s also a medical sage. And she’s protects her friends in not the usual “I took the hit for you” kinda way. Thanks for the help, even if it’s just a idea. MrxChamp (talk) 18:37, 22 March 2021 (MDT)
Just a thought... A crazy one, at that, but a thought. Maybe add the God Tree. Like, add it as an actual thing that people could use in their campaign. Maybe not as a jutsu or a beast (even though it's technically the 10-tails), but as an object. I think it could be a really interesting concept. I would do it myself, but I tend to go a bit bananas when it comes to this kinda world-breaking, reality-shattering, brain-exploding... Stuff. --FrickyDiBoop (talk) 19:26, 27 March 2021 (MDT)
- I'm unsure how the God Tree would function differently from a paralyzed ten-tails.--Ref3rence (talk) 17:43, 28 March 2021 (MDT)
Is there gonna be a variant rule regarding more restrictions about implanted dojutsu such as Sharingan’s extreme chakra drain, Obito supposedly not being able to handle more than 1 Rinnegan and whether or not you can actually implant a Tenseigan seeing as how it just devolves the second you take it from an Otsutsuki.
I don’t know about any side effects with the other implanted dojutsus so I’ll just leave it at that I guess
- Tenseigan implantation limitations are listed under Tenseigan Manifestation in the Path of the Celestial, sharingan chakra drain would be unfun, especially given the other drawbacks of implantation, and Obito's ability to control his rinnegan has always been super vague to the point that there's no actual effects to base rules off of.-Ref3rence (talk) 17:43, 28 March 2021 (MDT)
- I'm taking a second look at this. While I still have no idea how to handle Obito's stated Rinnegan limitation, how does everybody feel about replacing the save timer for Sharingan/Byakugan/Ketsuryūgan with a slight chakra cost that increases when implanted? As I've said before, I really dislike timers, and as much as these have been fine tuned I think it's time for them to go. This might also go a ways to nerfing Replication.--Ref3rence (talk) 15:10, 30 March 2021 (MDT)
I think having an increased chakra cost would be pretty fair for implants considering it being a main aspect of Kakashi’s Sharingan and would make the implantation aspect a bit more balanced in general since I’ve seen tons of players immediately try to steal dojutsu from NPCs and knowing that there’s actual drawbacks to it would most likely change that.
Going back to the main point, chakra costs seems like a good change considering there never really was any sort of timer when discussing dojutsu in canon and all of them seemed to rely on the actual chakra reserves rather than a time limit. --Bobert (talk) 07:03, 31 March 2021 (MDT) Bobert
- Just like removing Deadly Blade, I'm not going to put the edit through quite yet incase anyone has any complaints, but the onl step left is to click save.--Ref3rence (talk) 13:02, 31 March 2021 (MDT)
I think Flame-Burst Shot is pretty overpowered for a jutsu that only costs 5-6 chakra.
- Thanks, I have no idea how that's flown under the radar until now. Hopefully it's far more balanced now.--Ref3rence (talk) 09:41, 7 April 2021 (MDT)
Incendiary Cloud Recreated has a really low chakra cost for the equivalent of an eighth-level spell.
- Thanks for the pointer. As it stands right now, I feel like the recreated spells don't really serve a purpose on this page, and only kinda serve to make multiclassing worthless, so I might remove them. Any thoughts?--Ref3rence (talk) 21:27, 7 April 2021 (MDT)
Yeah I mean I would agree if you really wanted those you would take a class that actually got them, but also why make a homebrew class and a bunch of jutsus designed to go with the class and then have carbon copies of other spells, doesn't make much sense to me. It just doesn't make much sense, in general, to keep them around. Hopefully that opinion can be of help.
This is a bit unrelated but will the Samehada page have the addition of its unique ability to fuse with its user?
I recall the Samehada question being asked before. And he said that it was something more so unique to Kisame, than the blade itself. However with the Hoshigaki race being properly statted now, perhaps adding it in and making that race a requirement would be viable. Thoughts Reference? Sykon (talk) 12:46, 9 April 2021 (MDT)
- Pretty sure I said it was related to Samehada, since the original request was in regards to adding it as an element of the Hoshigaki clan. Nevertheless, I haven't figured out the right way to word it yet.--Ref3rence (talk) 12:51, 9 April 2021 (MDT)
Here’s my take on Jugo’s Clan Kekkai Genkai Jugo’s Kekkai Genkai:
- As a bonus action you can absorb Senjutsu Chakra equal to your Con Modifier + Shinobi level but have to make a DC10 INT (or CON) saving throw or become berserk, the DC increases by 2 for every use
- You gain the same effects of Sage Art whenever you use your senjutsu chakra
- If you have more Senjutsu Chakra points than regular chakra points, you’re forced into the effects of Sage Transformation with the Berserk condition til your Senjutsu Chakra points reach 0 in which the effects of Sage Transformation wear off
- When you’re forced into Sage Transformation, you don’t benefit from the Path of The Cursed Features before that such as Second Stage
- While I appreciate the effort, holy cow is this at least a little busted. Usage of 3 class features, each of which are pretty strong alone, is a little beyond the scope of most clan boons, let alone the ability to regain half of your maximum chakra for a measly DC 10 Constitution saving throw. Additionally, we already have the Jūgo Clan on-page.--Ref3rence (talk) 18:07, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
Eh, fair enough I’ll probably come back with a much more balanced version at some point because now that I think about it, safely gaining 20 senjutsu chakra once your at 20th for at least 1-2 uses is pretty broken --Bobert (talk) 18:28, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
Would Typhoon Release be added? I’ve checked it out and I think in headcanon it would probably be Wind and Yang release
- It is canon, but I'd rather avoid adding a nature with 2 canon jutsu. That being said, I might add them as Wind or Storm Style jutsu.--Ref3rence (talk) 18:47, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
This might be a bit dumb but how about Sexy Jutsu and Harem Jutsu? I’ve already thought about it a little bit.
Cost: 2 chakra
Duration: +1 chakra for every round
- As an action, you cast a variant of the transformation jutsu in order to catch your target offguard, they must make a Charisma saving throw with advantage against your Charisma Score, on a fail, they take 1d4 psychic damage as their nose leaks blood and they’re stunned for rounds equal to your Charisma Mod (Minimum of 1)
- I'm... actually going to add this. It's iconic to the series, and this is a really good adaptation, if a little rough around the edges.--Ref3rence (talk) 19:06, 11 April 2021 (MDT)
- I could've sworn it could be but apparently I was wrong, good catch.--Ref3rence (talk) 15:11, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
So regarding Susanoo, right now armored Susanoo kinda seems more like humanoid Susanoo seeing how the user is placed in the Susanoo's head rather than having them at the base of the Susanoo. Would it make sense to add more stages to the Susanoo between skeletal and armored? Just canonically speaking it doesn't make sense to have someone go directly from manifesting their skeletal Susanoo to having a full armored Susanoo. Another thing, in Susanoo's description it states you have to use it 7 - your Intelligence modifier times before unlocking it, but what stops somebody from activating it and deactivating it that many times to progress it extremely easily?--Jaydon105 (talk) 19:56, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
- I've thought about Humanoid Susanoo, but at the end of the day I can't think of any effects that would both make all 3 stages feel rewarding and keep the feature on the same level of power. Additionally, the X uses to unlock is incredibly easy to fulfill (though I may change the wording so you can only get one use towards advancement per long rest), but if we remove it, you're either stuck with instantly unlocking Armored Susanoo, or the level requirement stops making sense in context.--Ref3rence (talk) 20:37, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
What about a system that requires you to use Susanoo for a certain number of rounds/seconds that can only be fulfilled in combat rather than at any time? And for humanoid Susanoo, one thought I had was to give it an AC bonus of +1 (+4 total), and possibly one of your Susanoo weapons, and maybe granting the user endurance or a pretty small damage threshold or something akin to that while their Susanoo is active to showcase that it gets more durable?--Jaydon105 (talk) 21:42, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
- Generally, 5e (and I with it) try to avoid round counting, and while your proposal technically wouldn't cause the problems round counting does, it feels just too close to it. Additionally, while this is 100% personal, I've always interpreted Susanoo growth as skill using its chakra, for lack of a better term, rather than skill in using the Susanoo itself, if that makes any sense. I'm definitely not going to add an additional AC bonus, since Susanoo + permanent sharingan (gained at 15th) already grants +6 AC, which is frankly disgusting by itself, and while cost generally balances it, I don't want to push my luck, especially by granting Endurance. You did, however, spark an idea. What if instead of Susanoo granting an AC increase, it had its own pool of hit points, potentially represented by a decent, but not spectacular temporary hit points. Every time you summon it, these temporary hit points are regained. While Susanoo is summoned, you can re-summon it as a bonus action or reaction, which counts as a Mangekyou ability, but maintaining it does not. When your temporary hit points reach 0, Susanoo ends. Each Susanoo tier increases the number of temporary hit points granted.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:57, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
That actually sounds like a really good idea, that also might make it easier to implement the Humanoid Susanoo, it also circumvents some of the problems you had earlier. I’ll keep brainstorming ideas on how to fix the Susanoo progression, and I’ll let you know if I think of anything.—-Jaydon105 (talk) 22:45, 12 April 2021 (MDT)
Adding a chakra cost to maintain EMS isn't a minor debuff, it's a rather big nerf. EMS removes the negatives from MS. And while not being forced to make that save is handy, it's still on the DM to grant EMS. Rinnegan is ridiculously powerful and has 0 checks to use its abilities. Sharingan already has an extra step to get to the same tier as Rinnegan. Just my thoughts. Sykon (talk) 06:57, 13 April 2021 (MDT)
- While I understand where you're coming from, the Rinnegan is strong because of the number of features it grants, EMS is strong because it grants infinite use of powerful features, and with the reworked Susanoo, it effectively grants infinite hit points. Even boons have a limit to how powerful they can be, and EMS has been far above it for along time. For comparison, imagine a boon that grants infinite spell slots that can only be used to cast 2 spells, of course that would be busted, even with the limits. Also, broken content is broken content because all content should be treated as if it will be introduced by any DM, not just a good DM.--Ref3rence (talk) 08:37, 13 April 2021 (MDT)
so, the infinite hp is granted by the new susanoo. have you thought that the temporary hp addition to susano is the problem here? i like the idea you have with temporary hp, but maybe you should have a different thing. like if you take enough damage it dispels. maybe a turn limit? just look at the changes it did to ems. like sykon said, its the dms choice to grant it. its like a variant rule to make you stronger. susano is the problem i see. just change the temporary hit points and it will go better. -plywood tank
- Hey, congrats on ignoring 90% of the context, buddy. The temporary hit points were introduced to solve the problem of the Path of Hatred's insane AC bonuses, and Susanoo's tedious saving throws. Is it the DM's choice? Absolutely, but that doesn't change the fact that it's game breaking. This is literally why we have the Help:A Good DM page. If you take enough damage it dispels? Congrats, that's literally the point of the thp. Turn limit/round counting? Garbage, tedious, and not the kind of thing 5e has. Boons are an established part of 5e with an established limit to their power, of which infinite uses of features powerful enough to require cost is not within the bounds of. The thp isn't the whole problem, it's the part of the problem that made me see the entirety of the problem. Is infinite thp a problem? Yes. So is infinite uses of literally any Mangekyo ability. --Ref3rence (talk) 11:38, 13 April 2021 (MDT)
Just add a chakra cost to the Mangekyo abilities, and lessen the DC for using the abilities. EMS never granted infinite uses in canon, it just removed the whole going blind thing. Kamui has a chakra cost as an example. The abilities having no limit to usage count is op, I agree there 100%. Being able to get gradual blindness even after obtaining an epic boon is a bit much, and not all Mangekyo abilities are equal in power to facilitate an 8 chakra cost per usage.
Temporal rewind doesn't really compare to the other Rinnegan Mastered abilities seeing as you have to use your action to activate it, meaning half of the ability is almost useless, because you have very few opportunities to make attacks when it's not your turn, and it has a chakra cost of 7 which is relatively high for something of its power, it would probably make sense to change the wording to either not take an action or to give you your action back after you use it, I'm unsure if the current wording implies that you get your action back in the "and then revert time using your Rinnegan" part, but yeah if so it could probably use some clarification.--Jaydon105 (talk) 14:13, 15 April 2021 (MDT)
- I think making this jutsu a bonus action, or even a free action, would put this on roughly the same level of power as the other abilities. Any thoughts?--Ref3rence (talk) 21:41, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
One Thousand Years Of Death?
- You position your fingers in a way that can cause a creature “great pain” and thrust it against them, make a spell attack, on a hit the creature takes 1d6 + Strength Mod, the DC increases by 2d6 for every size above Medium and is reduced to a D4 if the creature is tiny
- You can also use simple melee weapons in tandem with this Jutsu and add the weapon’s damage with the Jutsu’s
- I'm very unsure of adding this jutsu. Why is the DC increasing with size on a jutsu that doesn't have a saving throw? If you meant damage, that still doesn't make much sense. The closest way I could see this working is as a taijutsu variant of the already-adapted Sexy Jutsu with a range of touch and an attack roll instead of a saving throw, but even then I'd have to think on it.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:41, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
Oof prolly should’ve worded it out better but here’s an example,
Tiny Creatures using this jutsu have a damage die of a d4
Medium Creatures have a d6
Large Creatures have 3d6
And so on and so forth
The main reason I made the damage dice increase per size is because of the 𝘴𝘪𝘻𝘦 of the hands being used to attack
- But why would this apply to this jutsu, but not a regular unarmed strike? And why wouldn't this just be an unarmed strike with an additional temporary effect?--Ref3rence (talk) 09:15, 17 April 2021 (MDT)
Fair enough I guess, the only thing that sets this Taijutsu different from others is that you can use it along with a simple weapon (as shown with Naruto against Gaara)
Would anybody find it at all useful if I created a campaign setting page for Naruto? I’ve been kicking around the idea for a while, but I want to know if anyone would actually use it. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:13, 13 November 2019 (MST)
I think that's an excellent idea. This class in particular is heavily bent towards working better in its own setting rather than in a normal D&D setting.
I honestly think creating a setting on its own for it would be optimal.
I'm loving the look of it so far, and I'm glad to see my items have been added to it too.
In my opinion they should probably be around CR 10-15 depending on the Character.
Considering the Akatsuki were supposed to be able to take down tailed beasts in teams of two (With the assistance of their rings, if I remember correctly. Which could be incorporated into their stat blocks), maybe their CR could increment depending on the amount of members present at the time.
Having Akatsuki members' abilities synergise with their respective partners could also be a fun idea.
The Sannin are a bit harder to decide though. They're supposed to be great on their own, rather than specifically as an unit. So I think a CR 18 or so might be appropriate, if they can utilise minions (summoning creatures to help, for example) that CR could probably be pumped up.
Is it possible to add movie creatures like the zero tails
Hey I don't want to come off rude or anything but when do you plan on working more on the Akatsuki members? Sorry if it sounds like I am coming off rude lol.-D
- I kinda put the project to the side for a while. I will most likely add them at a later date, but if anybody wants to contribute to the Akatsuki or any other part of this setting, go right ahead. -Ref3rence (talk) 16:46, 16 March 2020 (MDT)
I would love to help but I am pretty new to DND. But sounds great and thanks for everything. -D
- I recently made a large amount of stat blocks for the Akatsuki (5e Creature) and Naruto at Jinchuriki Overview (5e Creature). I would really appreciate if some of y'all could sort through the new pages because I'm sure I missed some things. I also botched all but Naruto's base forms's CRs, but I'm so burned out at this point to fix it right now. -Ref3rence (talk) 19:23, 15 April 2020 (MDT)
Damn dude you put alot of work into this and I'm like impressed af over all this hard work you ever take any breaks my dude? RenBimu
- Thanks for your support! I didn't have to do anything else for the past few days, so this is pretty much all I've done save for walking my dog so I don't atrophy. I finally got into the flow of making creatures, so it looks like more work than it is. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:15, 16 April 2020 (MDT)
Hey man under the Jinchuriki Overview you have nine tailed jinchuriki listed twice RenBimu
I check back on here very 3 hours or so seeing what's been added and if I cetch anything I'll let you know bro RenBimu
I've corrected two so far. 1: 3rd hokage was the 4th hokage name I and I changed that to his rightful name. And 2: in 4th hokage his big ball rasangon you had "from naruto" and I changed that to his rightful name. RenBimu
- Thanks again. I used Minato as a base for the other Hokage, and I think Minato himself was derived from Sage Naruto. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:36, 19 April 2020 (MDT)
Well in cannon Minato did take the yin or yang part of the 9 tails and sealed it inside himself and sealed the other half in naruto before he died and what little chakra they had left they left ot there just in case the seal breaks RenBimu
I have a question my man. Are you going to make a campaign or set up different missions? RenBimu
- Definitely, but I think it’ll probably be the, or at least one of the, last steps. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:46, 22 April 2020 (MDT)
I feel like this is better balanced and earlier versions and easier to understand, I just wanted to make some requests. Could evasion & ninja speed not use chakra? I did like some other the older feats like the way shadow clone jutsu & substitution worked, also picking which saving throws you wanted. Lastly I just wanted to ask if you could add sneak attack and expertise, I feel like those would be useful mechanics for a shinobi both combat and roleplaywise. -User:Lowrider93 11:54, 17 January 2021 (PT)
- Ninja Speed uses chakra for the sake of at least trying to be balanced in normal play, other core classes get similar features but are more bread-and-butter there than in this class. Evasion doesn't use chakra, so I don't know what you're asking there. Path of the Assassin shinobi get sneak attack, and there are numerous ways to get specific expertise, once again these are added in lesser/more restricted forms due to being less of BNB features. --Ref3rence (talk) 20:47, 17 January 2021 (MST)
Whats on our to do list today boss? RenBimu
- I'll probably finish off the Leaf and then start working my way down the Sound from the top. If you wanted, I would really appreciate it if you helped with Dosu down to Karin. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:20, 30 April 2020 (MDT)
Should we make a naruto human race that gives clan and a slight buff tonthe class or no? ~killshot
- I always figured the variant human works pretty well for that with the adaptable ASI and, while it isn't outright stated, the feat choice could be used for hiden/kekkei genkai jutsu. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:44, 6 May 2020 (MDT)
I think maybe the cells traits or epic boons could bee the reward of missions from Orochimaru seeing how advanced his base is in Boruto
- That's entirely up to the DM. While they certainly could be, completely restricting them to one source would heavily limit a DM. --Ref3rence (talk) 07:29, 25 July 2020 (MDT)
But I do have questions do you plan on making the sound 4 or kaguya or naruto and sasuke as creatures?
That's awesome to see at least the important characters are gonna be in there it fit well for the campaign setting you have I just wish I knew how this format works and I'd create some of the characters along side you -Bimu
- Honestly, I’d say the best way to start is to make an account and use trial and error. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:03, 21 March 2020 (MDT)
Alright ill give that a shot bro -Bimu
Hey I saw in the campaign settings for the leaf you did have the anbu but took it away. I was wondering if you are going to or if you could add anbu? Of course whenever you are done with your break.-Sean
- The purpose of Anbu was originally to be the Hidden Leaf's "special shinobi" in the same way that the Sand has puppet masters, Mist has hunter-nin, Cloud has kenjutsu, and Stone has Kamizuru, though I may replace them with Explosion Corps. Since Konoha has a ton of unique clans, Anbu kinda lost its place. You can pretty much use any jonin or clan to represent Anbu.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:54, 27 May 2020 (MDT)
I think Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto and Indra Susanoo Sasuke should be more powerfull because they are suposed to be able to fight kaguya and as of right now kaguya can one shot them whit: "Eighty Gods Vacuum Attack (50 Chakra). All creatures in a 30 ft. x 90 ft. line must attempt a DC 32 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, they take 244 (36d12 + 10) magical bludgeoning damage. On a success, they take half as much damage."--Ranuto08 (talk) 02:37, 11 December 2020 (MST)
To add onto the above, They are indeed WAY too weak, and naruto's chakra is not what it should be (it should be like 90, asura's reincarnation and overflowing chakra) nore are their features up to date (Like susanoo taking chakra) -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by The Archmage Karsus (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- If you want, you are free to make your changes to this setting. To be honest, it's not that high up on my priorities right now. Also, please be sure to sign your posts (can be done with ~~~~ ). --Ref3rence (talk) 20:20, 8 January 2021 (MST)
Hey, thanks for the love for the jutsu's! ^^ I put quiet a bit of thought into a lot of them. I wanted to ask though, as this seems to be a mix between a conversion kit and a playable DND 5e class, is that what it's supposed to be? I personally wanted to with some friends, make a conversation kit using your system as a basis if you do not mind as well. --Hit (Wo)Man (talk) 11:35, 3 April 2021 (CDT)
- I guess I've never really thought of it like that, but I guess it is. Shinobi World (5e Campaign Setting) is meant to more-or-less replace everything except the core rules of 5e. You're free to do whatever you like with this page, nothing on this wiki is copywritten or anything, but if you'd like I've been trying to overhaul the NPCs in this setting to be more shonen-friendly by rebuilding them from the ground up as player characters, so if you're interested in hopping on that with me let me know and I'll try to give you some general pointers.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:27, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
Oh I probably will help. I actually play in like, 2 games with one game being played in and one DMing for, both pure naruto. I wanted to make an actual like, Conversion Kit for this as, the class is near impossible to play in a normal game and the class itself is hard enough to balance normally. But, a lot of good work has been done --Hit (Wo)Man (talk) 12:50, 3 April 2021 (CDT)
- As much as we've tried, this class is a bit sketch to use in a base 5e game. For those pointers I was talking about, rank is based on CR/level for the sake of categories, not necessarily their actual canon rank, though most tend to match. CR 10 is high Genin/low Chunin, CR 15 is high Chunin/low Jonin, CR 20 is high Jonin/low Kage, and CR 25 is high Kage/low Otsutsuki, but Otsutsuki tier is a lot more up to interpretation (see Kakashi, Six Paths (Shinobi World Supplement)). The only creatures who should have jutsu lists are those with multiple pages for the same person like Naruto. I would prefer you leave the Leaf, Generic, and Legendary pages alone for now as there's still a lot of major changes to be made there that I really don't want to trust other people to make, but otherwise, go at it. I would suggest you look at a handful of "finalized" pages first to get a handle on formatting (finalized pages should be moved so they end with (Shinobi World Supplement) instead of (5e Creature)). I'm so glad to have another person on this project.--Ref3rence (talk) 19:38, 3 April 2021 (MDT)
Quality Article Nomination
Support. The shinobi is a class with a unique role for any party that is also full with interesting mechanics, rules that add flavor to the campaign, and a system like spells. --Green Dragon (talk) 01:02, 12 February 2021 (MST)
Support. I believe this class to be a relatively sound example of how to adapt content, with things like the paths of the exalted and totality being both accurately represented, yet balanced with things like the path of the shikigami and puppet master, and nothing under the sun being given any particularly ludicrous benefits. That being said, when viewing this as a QA, I'm not entirely sure having unarmored movement
and increasing unarmed strikes adds all that much to the class, and really just serves to cause overlap with monks in a traditional party, but that isn't something that can't be ironed out. --Ref3rence (talk) 04:58, 12 February 2021 (MST)
Support While I personally have issues with the source material, the sheer amount of effort put into cataloging, translating into game mechanics, and balancing everything from a god-knows-how-long anime is staggering. This article is a great example of the best of the active, user-lead projects on the wiki. --SwankyPants (talk) 12:14, 23 March 2021 (MDT)
Oppose See my comment below; I think the sheer size of the page hinders its readability. If the page length is reduced, I'd be open to changing my vote to support. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 13:20, 14 April 2021 (MDT)
I think if you have both the six-path sage mode and outer path sage mode you should be able to exit baryon mode more easily because it was stated if naruto had both halves of hamuras chakra then he would be able to use the mode freely.
- I can’t seem to find anything on that statement at the moment. Would you mind sourcing your statement?—Ref3rence (talk) 16:21, 3 March 2021 (MST)
This page is extremely long; over half a megabyte. I wonder if it would be worth it to split the many subclasses off to their own pages for the sake of readability. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 13:19, 14 April 2021 (MDT)
- So that sad day has finally come. I'm not going to fight, this page has had it coming for months, however I don't believe the subclasses are the problem. We effectively have an entire chapter of spells on one page that easily makes up more than half of the contents, so I believe the best course of action would be to move the chakra natures either to their own page, or make individual pages for each nature. Any thoughts?--Ref3rence (talk) 13:27, 14 April 2021 (MDT)
I don't know if you're looking for opinions from anyone in particular? But seeing as chakra natures/jutsu take up a little over half the page that seems like the most sensible option.--Jaydon105 (talk) 13:26, 15 April 2021 (MDT)
there should be a link over to the jutsu page in the chakra section. -plywood tank
So I don't know if it was premature but I actually created individual pages for each Chakra Nature and Kekkei Genkai etc. except for Path Unique Jutsu which would probably make more sense to leave on page IMO, I figured we should just create a list of links under the chakra natures, which I'll probably do tonight, if I did anything wrong or anyone thinks the links could be moved somewhere else, feel free to change it or just undo my revision and do it a different way, just figured this would help out.--Jaydon105 (talk) 20:43, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
- Spot on with taking the initiative. That being said, you removed a few categories that I'll be re-adding in a minute, with a little false breadcrumb on top of it linking back to this class.--Ref3rence (talk) 21:41, 16 April 2021 (MDT)
So regarding the Path Unique Jutsu, I don't know whether we should leave them on-page or move them off as well? If they do stay on-page should we just detail them at the bottom of each subclass rather than at the bottom of the class?--Jaydon105 (talk) 00:42, 17 April 2021 (MDT)
I don't know if this was intentional but it appears as though Flying Raijin and other Fuinjutsu have been lost in the shuffle