Talk:Naruto: Shinobi (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Just putting out a feeler, does anybody have any particular thoughts for or against turning Cursed Mark into its own subclass? I think it has enough content, and it would somewhat balance out the difference between Dōjutsu Master and Perfect Vessel, as there are currently 5 dōjutsu subclasses and only 3 implantable non-dōjutsu subclasses. --Ref3rence (talk) 22:35, 2 May 2020 (MDT)
I believe that it should be its own subclass- ~killshot
As per the editing guide, feel free to add any jutsu/path/etc that you wish to see implemented, though it may or may not be edited. If you don’t know how to write what you want in game terms, feel free to request it here. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:03, 11 July 2019 (MDT)
dirt style/mud release
- I do not believe there is enough information on dirt style for it to be playable. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:25, 17 July 2019 (MDT)
Also what about adding more jutsus so people have more types to pick from (what I mean by that instead of picking one fire style jutsu once you hit 6 level why not give them the option of picking three different ones)
- Adding 2 or 3 jutsu for every level restriction in every nature would be a massive undertaking. --Ref3rence (talk) 17:59, 18 July 2019 (MDT)
A booby trap subclass
- Sorry, I had to take a break from editing for a bit. A trap based subclass would be interesting, but may end up being worked into a puppet subclass. --Ref3rence (talk) 15:33, 26 July 2019 (MDT)
also so do you want us to put Homebrew jutsus here because we can't edit the page I'm asking for one of my players who wants to share some of theirs
can we have a section for gadgets for the puppet Master class just to give them more variety like what I don't know a spiked sword or trapping system for its own way to shoot darts
Bubblegum Ninjutsu, Double Human Bullet Tank, Water Release: Surfing Strike
Surfing Strike has been incorporated into instant water. Double Human Bullet Tank is simply 2 people using Human Bullet Tank, and Bubblegum Ninjutsu is very poorly defined in what it does, so I have not adapted these.-Ref3rence (talk) 06:30, 20 January 2020 (MST)
Also just a slightly personal opinion you should change onyx chidori to the susanoo beads And put onyx chidori in unique jutsus.
- Onyx chidori was chosen because, in my opinion, the Susanoo beads are too similar to the lawful Susanoo’s shuriken. If you suggest any unique Earth Style jutsu, I could see about adding them. -Ref3rence (talk) 11:35, 13 February 2020 (MST)
Earth Release: Rock Shuriken
- I’ve added a handful of the requested jutsu. Rock shuriken was not added as one can simply use shuriken shadow clone and simply call it rock shuriken. -Ref3rence (talk) 07:27, 4 March 2020 (MST)
Beast Tearing Gale Palm, Explosive Clay Dolls, Ranmaru's Kekkei Genkai
Beast Tearing Palm is mechanically identical to Blade of Wind, Ranmaru’s Kekkei Genkai was added as the Anti-Dojutsu boon, and I don’t see a difference between Explosive Clay Dolls and giving shadow clones explosive clay. Everything else is in the works. -Ref3rence (talk) 15:36, 4 March 2020 (MST)
Nadeshiko-Style Hardliner Gale Fist, Wind Release: Wind Cutter Technique, Medical Water Release: Water Scorpion, Medical Mode.
- I don’t see a mechanical difference between any Gale Fist variant and Blade of Wind. Same goes for Wind Cutter and Great Sickle Weasel, and Medical Mode and Mitotic Regeneration. As interesting as the Medical Water Styles are, Scorpion doesn’t make offer anything that the Path of the Healer doesn’t. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:32, 7 March 2020 (MST)
But I do have questions do you plan on making the sound 4 or kaguya or naruto and sasuke as creatures?
That's awesome to see at least the important characters are gonna be in there it fit well for the campaign setting you have I just wish I knew how this format works and I'd create some of the characters along side you -Bimu
- Honestly, I’d say the best way to start is to make an account and use trial and error. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:03, 21 March 2020 (MDT)
Alright ill give that a shot bro -Bimu
Is there any possibility of a Sand style or something similar to what Gaara does? The closest I can see trying get it is using Earth style and stylizing it as sand.
- You are correct. The closest thing to a “Sand Style” is flavoring Earth Style, Magnet Style, a handful of Wind Style Unique Jutsu, and Path of Permanence features. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:05, 20 April 2020 (MDT)
Could there be medical ninjutsu? RenBimu
- Scrolling through medical ninjutsu on the wiki, it looks to me like we’ve pretty much used all of the interesting/adaptable ones. -Ref3rence (talk) 12:29, 21 April 2020 (MDT)
Hell yeah what's next on your to do list for the next upcoming new content? RenBimu
- I’m actually taking a little bit of a break this week. For the most part, I’m just going to be making overview pages, and then I’ll go from there. -Ref3rence (talk) 13:27, 21 April 2020 (MDT)
Hell yeah man you def deserve the break after all that mass editing you just did. RenBimu
- I have max my PC and i want to continue using this PC, could you add a chart for over 20? --Neondice (talk) 12:13, 27 April 2020 (MDT)
I will most likely create a modified prestige class similar to Ascended Saiyan (5e Class) in the near future, though plenty of features will be lifted from the Ninja Epic Boons list. Alternatively, you could multiclass in order to continue playing the same character. On a side note, I'm unsure why you used my signature rather than your own. You can auto-generate your own signature with ~~~~~ or the signature button at the top of the editing box between italics and links. --Ref3rence (talk) 23:03, 26 April 2020 (MDT)
Lightning Release: Zeus' GauntletRenBimu
More homebrew your way brother. Raijin release and all of its techniques. RenBimu
- I have adapted as many jutsu that I thought had a unique application. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:09, 6 May 2020 (MDT)
Yay thank you I might request more latter on you picked my favorite 3 after this lightning release: yata wall:D RenBimu
Is there going to be barrier ninjutsu? And a feat of being a barrier nin and fuinjutsu? RenBimu
- There are a handful of barrier ninjutsu in the unique jutsu list. Since characters who aren't inherently barrier nin have been able to use barrier ninjutsu, I don't know what a barrier nin feat would do. As for more fuinjutsu, most of them would roughly be translated into game terms as "the creature becomes paralyzed" so I haven't added very many, but if there are more interesting ones please let me know. --Ref3rence (talk) 12:47, 7 May 2020 (MDT)
I found some unique ones. Eight traigrams sealing style, five element seal and unsealed, five seal barrier, four corner sealing barrier RenBimu
- The Eight Trigrams Sealing Style wasn't added because it is identical to the sealing jutsu, but otherwise they have all been added. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:15, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
The Shinigami maskRenBimu
Oh my bad lol RenBimu
Also can we also make requests for jutsus that involve with the whole team combinding jutsus? If so I have a few ideas RenBimu
- You can suggest anything, but a lot of team jutsu are simply ninja using certain jutsu at the same time, such as the Ino-Shika-Cho formation, so be sure to avoid those ones specifically. --Ref3rence (talk) 20:45, 11 May 2020 (MDT)
Wraith of the sky gods RenBimu
Arriving Life: Thousand-Armed Preservation,Looking Down: Embracing Thousand Arms, and Welcoming Approach: Chakra Mode RenBimu
This isnt much of a request as much as a question(I didn't know where to put this). I was wondering what happens if a player or npc seals the Ten-tails inside themselves. I am aware of the Jinchuuriki race and Path of the Beast. I was wondering if being the Jinchuuriki of the Ten-tails does anything special. In some parts of Path of Totality and Path of the Sage, it mentions possibly giving the sub-class features as an epic boon. Is this what was referred to? Sorry if it is a stupid question. Deducted
- No worries. How powerful a Ten-Tails jinchuriki is ultimately dependent on the DM. If the DM wants the player to be more like Juubito or doesn't want them to suddenly become way more powerful than other players, a handful of Sage and Totality features would do fine. If the DM is less concerned about that and wants more of a Madara-type jinchuriki, it'd be more along the lines of all Sage and Totality features, Rinne Sharingan, and Six Paths Sage Mode. Hope this helps. --Ref3rence (talk) 09:21, 17 May 2020 (MDT)
- This helps a bunch! Thank you for the answer, btw huge fan of your work. Deducted
I don't know if this is were I would ask this. I was wondering about the Kakashi cells if you get that boon do you add the chakra points and the constitution then half it or do I half the chakra points then add the constitution? -D
Okay Thanks so much!!! I really love your work! Keep up the great work!!! I also had a question about the feats I am pretty new to dnd and me and a couple of my friends were gonna start a campaign online because of the corona and I was gonna use this as my class. I saw that is says I could choose a ninja feat instead of a normal feat, but I don't know anything about normal feats lol. So I was hoping you could help me out?-D
- Feats are an optional rule that allows a player to replace the Ability Score Increase feature with any one feat. —Ref3rence (talk) 17:55, 21 May 2020 (MDT)
Leaf dragon god?-killshot
Okay thanks again. Also for the Kakashi's cells do you round down or up when you half it? Also could you add head hunter? -D
- I’m not really in a good place to edit right now, but I would say round up on Kakashi’s Cells, and once I’m in a good position, I will add head hunter. --Ref3rence (talk) 20:41, 22 May 2020 (MDT)
Okay thanks again. You do great work! You need a break sometimes.-D
Hey I saw in the campaign settings for the leaf you did have the anbu but took it away. I was wondering if you are going to or if you could add anbu? Of course whenever you are done with your break.-Sean
- The purpose of Anbu was originally to be the Hidden Leaf's "special shinobi" in the same way thatthe Sand has puppet masters, Mist has hunter-nin, Cloud has kenjutsu, and Stone has Kamizuru, though I may replace them with Explosion Corps. Since Konoha has a ton of unique clans, Anbu kinda lost its place. You can pretty much use any jonin or clan to represent Anbu.--Ref3rence (talk) 11:54, 27 May 2020 (MDT)
I really think, that the explosive style is very "control" thinking about everything that it represents in the anime. In Naruto, the explosive style used by Deidara is super aggressive and apparently seeks to do tons of damage to his jutsus and explosions, and on this site he looks much more like a thinking style.think it's something that can be changed?
- The main Explosion Style that one can get as a Kekkei Genkai in this class is built more so around how Gari uses it. Deidara's clay-based Explosive Style jutsu are under their own unique jutsu tab. I don't think it'd be a good idea to make them deal lots of damage with little thought. --Ref3rence (talk) 11:54, 27 May 2020 (MDT)
I understand, I didn’t remember Gari, but thanks for the explanation, (when I talked about not thinking too much I just meant to be a style closer to fire, which gives a lot of damage but doesn’t necessarily bring control in your quit)
If I'm not mistaken doesn't lightweight in Boulder also make things heavier so is it possible that we could get I guess I added effect where if you touch a creature they they couldn't lose however much speed they have
- You're thinking of Weighted Boulder, which I will add shortly. --Ref3rence (talk) 19:40, 1 June 2020 (MDT)
Would anybody find it at all useful if I created a campaign setting page for Naruto? I’ve been kicking around the idea for a while, but I want to know if anyone would actually use it. -Ref3rence (talk) 06:13, 13 November 2019 (MST)
I think that's an excellent idea. This class in particular is heavily bent towards working better in its own setting rather than in a normal D&D setting.
I honestly think creating a setting on its own for it would be optimal.
I'm loving the look of it so far, and I'm glad to see my items have been added to it too.
In my opinion they should probably be around CR 10-15 depending on the Character.
Considering the Akatsuki were supposed to be able to take down tailed beasts in teams of two (With the assistance of their rings, if I remember correctly. Which could be incorporated into their stat blocks), maybe their CR could increment depending on the amount of members present at the time.
Having Akatsuki members' abilities synergise with their respective partners could also be a fun idea.
The Sannin are a bit harder to decide though. They're supposed to be great on their own, rather than specifically as an unit. So I think a CR 18 or so might be appropriate, if they can utilise minions (summoning creatures to help, for example) that CR could probably be pumped up.
Is it possible to add movie creatures like the zero tails
Hey I don't want to come off rude or anything but when do you plan on working more on the Akatsuki members? Sorry if it sounds like I am coming off rude lol.-D
- I kinda put the project to the side for a while. I will most likely add them at a later date, but if anybody wants to contribute to the Akatsuki or any other part of this setting, go right ahead. -Ref3rence (talk) 16:46, 16 March 2020 (MDT)
I would love to help but I am pretty new to DND. But sounds great and thanks for everything. -D
- I recently made a large amount of stat blocks for the Akatsuki (5e Creature) and Naruto at Jinchuriki Overview (5e Creature). I would really appreciate if some of y'all could sort through the new pages because I'm sure I missed some things. I also botched all but Naruto's base forms's CRs, but I'm so burned out at this point to fix it right now. -Ref3rence (talk) 19:23, 15 April 2020 (MDT)
Damn dude you put alot of work into this and I'm like impressed af over all this hard work you ever take any breaks my dude? RenBimu
- Thanks for your support! I didn't have to do anything else for the past few days, so this is pretty much all I've done save for walking my dog so I don't atrophy. I finally got into the flow of making creatures, so it looks like more work than it is. -Ref3rence (talk) 21:15, 16 April 2020 (MDT)
Hey man under the Jinchuriki Overview you have nine tailed jinchuriki listed twice RenBimu
I check back on here very 3 hours or so seeing what's been added and if I cetch anything I'll let you know bro RenBimu
I've corrected two so far. 1: 3rd hokage was the 4th hokage name I and I changed that to his rightful name. And 2: in 4th hokage his big ball rasangon you had "from naruto" and I changed that to his rightful name. RenBimu
- Thanks again. I used Minato as a base for the other Hokage, and I think Minato himself was derived from Sage Naruto. -Ref3rence (talk) 09:36, 19 April 2020 (MDT)
Well in cannon Minato did take the yin or yang part of the 9 tails and sealed it inside himself and sealed the other half in naruto before he died and what little chakra they had left they left ot there just in case the seal breaks RenBimu
I have a question my man. Are you going to make a campaign or set up different missions? RenBimu
- Definitely, but I think it’ll probably be the, or at least one of the, last steps. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:46, 22 April 2020 (MDT)
Whats on our to do list today boss? RenBimu
- I'll probably finish off the Leaf and then start working my way down the Sound from the top. If you wanted, I would really appreciate it if you helped with Dosu down to Karin. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:20, 30 April 2020 (MDT)
Should we make a naruto human race that gives clan and a slight buff tonthe class or no? ~killshot
- I always figured the variant human works pretty well for that with the adaptable ASI and, while it isn't outright stated, the feat choice could be used for hiden/kekkei genkai jutsu. --Ref3rence (talk) 10:44, 6 May 2020 (MDT)
Path of Suffering changes
Hi, all. I'll be reworking and changing some things around in the Path of Suffering part of the class. I believe that, as it is now, its too bland and boring compared to some of the other more popular sub-classes. Feel free to leave any feedback or ideas here.
I do believe you should wait, for either a vote to change a whole Path. Because if you think about it, it seems boring/bland, but it all depends on who is using it and how. Or if you are making changes give a reasoning for each rework that you do. It's only fair because that's what we did for the Substitution and for the Kekkei Genkai. I also would add that your reasoning of "Boring/Bland" could be applied to the Path of Hatred, given that you're basically just choosing which Uchiha you wanna be like, which to me sounds boring. Thank you for your time.
That's a fair point. I'll put changes in here in the future for further discussion. I do have to point out though, Path of Hatred is definitely stronger than most other subclasses, its super variable, even if you're simply imitating already existing characters (which pretty much is the case for all subclasses). I suppose it is probably the most popular one too. The issue with Path of Suffering is not only that its rather weak, its abilities aren't too interesting or new either. Regardless, I really appreciate the feedback though.
Maybe adding a few of his other versatile dances or just adding more in general to make the subclass more versatile Like: All-Killing Ash Bones Dance of the Clematis: Flower Dance of the Clematis: Vine Dance of the Willows Dance of the Holly Bone Bomb
Bone Cage Snare
Hi there, thanks for your input. I'm currently working on the changes I mentioned previously, but progress has been slow. In terms of adding new techniques: yes, some actual Jutsu are being developed for the class, but I also wanted to clarify a few of your ideas:
All-Killing Ash Bones: They wouldn't be a great addition to the class, in my opinion. They're meant to be an instant-kill, which is pretty powerful, and simply don't seem fun to add.
Dance of Clematis: Vine and Flower are already in the class under the Dance of Clematis feature as the first and second part, respectively.
Dance of the Willow: It seems a bit unorthodox on how it actually works, but I'll look into it and consider adding it in the future.
Dance of the Holly, Bone Bomb and Bone Cage Snare: Can't seem to find anything on these. Can you elaborate, or provide a link to a source?
It won't let me post the link and also it's not exactly cannon Why not with the dance of the seeding fern give player the ability to travel through the bones
That's actually a pretty good idea. Thanks for that, I'll work it into the feature soon.
Why not give them a plus to a c and a bit of the side effect of hitting spiked armor When they use that bone ability that lets them have shark bones poke out of every part of your body
Those are all fine ideas. They will definitely be considered.