From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello MarshDASavage, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be asked here. If you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help:Portal also provides detailed explanation of information important specifically to this community.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, a number of policies are in effect. Most importantly, we follow and expect you to follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. As most work has multiple authors, please do not delete content without following our removal process. When posting a comment on a talk page, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Yanied (talk) 12:40, 30 April 2020 (MDT)
Hey there! If anyone has a balace issue with any homebrew creations, feel free to post it here. I am more than willing to change any of my creations or anyone else's homebrew to make it more balanced. Please include the link to the webpage when you post it here, and I will be happy to look over it and change it for you. Thanks! --MarshDASavage (talk) 13:33, 12 February 2021 (MST)
Hey Marsh, I saw you left a comment on my talk that was later deleted. To move a page, there is a move tab at the top of the page (where the edit and discussion tabs are). You use that to rename pages and also change them to user pages. --Yanied (talk) 13:23, 15 February 2021 (MST)
- Yeah, I figured it out so I deleted the comment. Thanks for the tip, though! --MarshDASavage (talk) 13:49, 15 February 2021 (MST)
We Don’t Wanna Get Sued
Hey, just popping in to ask you to stop uploading non-SRD content to the SRD. If I recall correctly, we can get screwed for doing that. It is purely the system reference document, and nothing else.--SwankyPants (talk) 12:14, 4 March 2021 (MST)
- Oh, okay. I am so, so sorry! I wanted a space to have a reference for a few spells for my homebrew subclass, so I added it to the system reference documents by mistake. I misunderstood the purpose of the SRD pages. I am really sorry! I'll move it to my user page instead. Thanks for letting me know! I just hope I don't get banned for this. --MarshDASavage (talk) 12:20, 4 March 2021 (MST)
- Oh, okay. I'll just have them be unlisted then. While I'm not new to the wiki, I don't really understand the legal stuff at all. I am really sorry. Thanks for letting me know! I'll try not to make the same mistake in the future. --MarshDASavage (talk) 12:26, 4 March 2021 (MST)
I think you mentioned you don't know where to with the Mutation Master subclass. I am adopting it if that is OK :) And I want to adopt The All-Seer (5e Subclass). I am thinking initially these subclasses will go well with the Imperial Ghoul race. Arquebus (talk) 16:58, 23 May 2021 (MDT)
- Feel free to do whatever you want with those subclasses! I started working on them because I had a cool idea, but I didn't know where to go with them after a few levels. If you want to adopt them, please do! I know you'll do a really good job finishing them up. Thank you so much! --MarshDASavage (talk) 17:54, 23 May 2021 (MDT)
Hey Marsh. I see you recently welcomed Mr. Chief. If you look at his contribs, he was a vandal banned before you actually welcomed him. As there has been a rash of vandals, keep a little discrimination in mind when welcoming users especially if they have made questionable edits or have dubious usernames. This saves us a bit of effort from welcoming ne'er-do-wells. Just a heads up. Happy brewing!--Yanied (talk) 19:38, 21 October 2021 (MDT)
- Hey, Yanied! I'm really sorry about that. I didn't check the recent changes before welcoming him. I immediately blanked the page after I realized that he was a vandal. I won't make the same mistake again. Thank you so much for being kind about it! --MarshDASavage (talk) 06:30, 22 October 2021 (MDT)
Spellweaver OP here
Thank you so much for the advice :) please feel free to recommend some things ( i will be making a new veriant soon)
- No problem! If you want me to look over anything of yours, I am totally willing to do so and give my feedback. The main issue with the Spellweaver was that it had a lot of overpowered and underpowered features. My general tip with that is just to look at first-party features, especially the main ones, and compare their power level to that. Don't worry about it too much, though; I was terrible at balance when I first joined the wiki and made very overpowered items, features, and more. I know a lot of other users who started off that way as well. Don't worry about it too much. --MarshDASavage (talk) 18:38, 21 February 2022 (MST)