User talk:Red Leg Leo
From D&D Wiki
Siren, Borderlands Variant
Hey, BigShot! I do have something in particular for you to check on if you want. My Siren, Borderlands Variant needs a little coding help. Think you can give it a quick look-over? Flamestarter (talk) 15:43, 28 September 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I don't see any errors. What is your coding error? 20:31, 28 September 2019 (MDT)
Hello! Thank you for having my back and undoing the changes edited in by that other user. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but would it be possible to simply semi-protect the Esper, Variant (5e Class) page so we don't have to trouble ourselves again? It's a shame but I don't want to deal with these types of edits constantly happening.--Tiguidi (talk) 22:29, 8 October 2019 (EST)
- When a page becomes high traffic that is certainly an option admins can do, otherwise semi-protection to pre-emptively stop it has been discouraged in the past. Also, the user was log in so semi-protection won't stop them from the edits. Any further protection would stop you as well. If users become disruptive then the warning policy can/will be used and that usually helps any unfortunate situation. 10:40, 9 October 2019 (MDT)
You have completely changed how I wrote my Shade race! I don't ask for much, just some help on some articles and a little trust and respect on others. Enough respect to get a damn message when someone changes my articles mechanically! I worked very hard on everything I wrote so far, and it took you, what? 5 seconds to completely alter it? It's not the edits themselves that tick me off, it's the lack of messages! I'm sick of it! SEND ME A DAMN MESSAGE WHEN YOU SCREW WITH MY MECHANICS, FOR GOODNESS SAKES!! Flamestarter (talk) 15:32, 25 October 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I view the changes made to Shade (5e Race) as beneficial. I would hesitate to say that BigShot "completely altered" the page; he made some changes to the racial traits, and the race still works basically the same as it did before BigShot touched it, only now those traits are more clearly defined.
- Although some users (including admins) might colloquially refer to pages as "theirs," all pages on D&D Wiki are considered to be owned collectively by the community (with some specific exceptions). Please read Help:Attribution Policy, Help:Legal, and Wikipedia's ownership policy. I also want to throw out there that it's commonly accepted/agreed upon that messages in ALL CAPS represent shouting, and I think everyone can agree that being yelled at is unpleasant and rude, whether that be online or off. Regardless of if an entire message or just a single word is all caps, the common perception is that that person is yelling at someone, and that doesn't exactly jive with the behavioral policy. Please remain civil; this is your final reminder before I and/or other admins start enforcing the warning policy. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 16:27, 25 October 2019 (MDT)
- I tried my hardest to be civil! I have said something like 5 times that all I wanted was a message, Geodude, but no one does! It really insults me because it feels like they're trying to stealth-alter the pages that I worked so hard on. I wrote the ability of incorporeal the way that I did to make it the way that I wanted it to be. Not that at any time you could make an attack miss, but if the first attack is made against the shade, it misses automatically. That's how I wrote it. That's how I meant it. And I'm sick of people going into my pages, mechanically altering them because "It's how they think it should be" and not saying a damn thing. I hate it so much. I wouldn't do it to yours, and all I ask for is what I never get anywhere else, respect. Otherwise, I'll just take my ideas and leave. Flamestarter (talk) 05:27, 26 October 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I hope you've had time to read those policies Geodude671 so nicely linked. Nobody on the wiki posts messages about changes they did on the site because: a) there is an edit summary or b) there is an edit history that can be viewed. For example, this edit [here] shows what I did. It shows the changes I made. You can also see my summary where I mention I put a stub on the page, added SRD links, and provided some clarity for the article. Usually, usually, users will message when they do not understand an edit. Usually, usually, that message is not yelling and swearing at another user like has happened here and is against the behavioral policy as mentioned by Geodude. You may not appreciate not getting a message every single time someone edits a page you created but as mentioned, no one owns a page and no one wants to message every single time they edit a page. Imagine having to explain what everyone can read in a summary/history.
- I am a phenomenal at contacting users before editing their pages if my edits would change the mechanics or intent of a trait or item. What I did with the shade is give it actual mechanics where none existed. D&D Wiki has standards and as I've said before to you, these standards are based off WotC's 1st party material. If you don't understand an edit, please ask. 22:10, 28 October 2019 (MDT)
- To add on to what BigShot said above, as on Wikipedia, users are encouraged to be bold in their editing. Users don't need to ask if they can edit a page (usually), they can just edit the page. You are expected (though not technically required) to ask first if the change you want to make is likely to be controversial, and I personally also ask first if the page's creator is someone known for being territorial and possessive of "their" pages. The important thing is that edits be made in good faith. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:03, 28 October 2019 (MDT)
Access to a deleted page?
Hello! (apologies if I'm going about this in the wrong way but) I was wondering if, as the subject says, there is any way to access a deleted page? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadowsoul_(5e_Class) A player had this link saved and was wondering if he could play as the class, but by the time I checked it, it was gone. I asked if he wouldn't mind picking a different class but he said it was tied into his backstory and he was fond of it. I saw it was deleted for blancing issues and such but I don't mind reworking it a bit for him. So if theres an archive or any record I would greatly appreciate any help that could be given. thank you for your time :) Ldragowolfcub (talk) 00:30, 4 November 2019 (MST)
- No worries, I just temporarily restored the page for you. Here it is: Shadowsoul (5e Class) Based Quincy (talk) 10:25, 4 November 2019 (MST)
Necromancer class 5e
- oi there! I am just back from vacation so will take a peak. thanks for your patience :-) 06:59, 2 December 2019 (MST)
I already mentioned this to ConcealedLight
Buuuuut he hasn't gotten back in 3 days lmao, basically there's a typo in the Alraune 5e race page that reads "you can use this trait a once" when I really don't believe the a is supposed to be there lmao, anyways you have a good one, just trying to get that fixed ^-^ -=CmC
- Hey thanks for your patience! I made the change of removing the "a". Hope you had a goodin' too. 06:59, 2 December 2019 (MST)
I have a question. Why'd you change your name? I mean, not that I care or anything like that, you do you, but I'm really curious about your motives to changing your name. --Flamestarter (talk) 14:04, 20 January 2020 (MST)
- Thanks for asking. When I started streaming League of Legends, I chose BigShotFancyMan based off of a TV show production company (Mr Big Shot Fancy Pants). I created a Facebook page and all sorts of other things to go along with creating a brand and public persona because I had goals. Most of those goals I achieved too.
- As I look to do different things in 2020, I wanted to change my name from something so cheesy, conceited, and cocky. Something else not as much of a mouthful and had a good sound to it. And I also wanted it be something I could more easily create a logo for lol
- So other than world domination, that's why :p Red Leg Leo (talk) 15:12, 20 January 2020 (MST)
Featured Article Nomination
Hello, Red Leg Leo.. I noticed that you mentioned something about the Featured Article Nominations needing a bit of life pumped into them.. Well I think I've got something for you. Come check out my Battlemage class that's been a project of mine for almost 2 years now. It's something I'm very proud of & I'd like to get as much support for it as possible. Included in the class is the base class itself, 5 subclasses, and over 20 new spells for the class. I look forward to your feedback! Rushfire (talk) 13:05, 18 February 2020 (MST)
- Hey! Yeah, I saw this pop up on a list and will get to it. Thanks for making sure :-) Red Leg Leo (talk) 13:07, 18 February 2020 (MST)
Thanks for the heads up regarding this page. There is some descriptive text in earlier revisions that would resolve the "still no fluff" issue, so I'll put that back in. Marasmusine (talk) 03:20, 28 February 2020 (MST)