From D&D Wiki
Introductions and etc.
Hello TierArea, welcome to the D&D Wiki, you can leave me a message on my talk page if you have any questions. I do have one request of you, please stop editorializing the 5e race summaries, thank-you. You can put these kinds of comments on the talk pages. Marasmusine (talk)
We invited a third party to review some of OUR content at OUR location. They should be arriving in little over 4 hours. We will defer to their opinion. We will not add or take away from anything until their judgment is spoken, and we will abide thusly. If they agree with us, we will remove the content unless some amendment is done on your part. If they agree with you, then we will not add/edit any more new content until we deliberate on our next step. At the very least, if they agree with you one of us is bound to simply remove the text that denotes fury/backlash/hostility etc. Chances are, consequently, we may remove all of our content that is directly related to us.
Hello TierArea, regarding the "Legal" section on your user page, please remember that by submitting to this website you are releasing it under the GNU Free Documentation License 1.3, so you will be giving permission for anyone "remotly associated with a big company" to use, redistribute and modify, commercially or non-commercially. Marasmusine (talk) 10:23, 29 April 2016 (MDT)
- This comment can be perceived as a threat. It needs to be removed. --Green Dragon (talk) 10:29, 29 April 2016 (MDT)
G of TierArea (talk) 11:59, 29 April 2016 (MDT) Coming from her, its more like a promise. Its not the first time she has secured our work by the means she deems necessary. We already had several big companies blatantly steal our work previously, and we have won all the cases except 1, and they failed with the project in the end anyway, so it wasn't that much of a loss for us. With her specific skill set and contacts, it keeps us safe from those who would do the same to us to get some leg up over someone else's company by using us. They have attempted, and failed. Just because there are laws, it doesn't guarantee your safety. We have found that out the hard way. If one company has more money, the law OFTEN turns a blind eye until it becomes a public spectacle that would look bad on them.
I am no longer THAT charitable. If I was to reclaim all that was taken from me alone in monetary value, I would be a very wealthy man. If I was to reclaim all that my family has lost. I could replace Trump, easily. I have tried, and the laws and courts are corrupt and full of loop holes that give these criminals a way to perpetuate their activities. So short of starting a actual rebellion and civil war, I cant do a dam thing in this country, with out causing harm to so many ignorant and seemingly innocent communities. Yes the powers that be know this and are betting/docking/counting on our good conscience to keep us in check as they continue to plunder. Yes other countries, allow you to fight in various ways to secure yourself more so than here. However, this is MY country of MY family that goes back 2000+Years on the native side. I am not about to relinquish ANYTHING with out a fight just because someone else is willing to do so. So many people like you and I struggle against these monstrosities, and I no longer blame a man or woman by doing what ever they need to do to ensure their own. In the long run, I know that will work for my benefit, to have people like that near me. For if we are one, like a family would, then I also know that protection extends to me.
The law no longer protects the poor or disenfranchised. It is only ONE step from being paid security, like you see in some movies. Let it be understood, that those who are serving under any civil servant role and are actively trying to make a genuine effort to keep it like its supposed to be, they have my full respect and I will 'go to war' for them with out much need for provocation. This extends to simple garbage men to Police or other political Servant. I would not expect anything less from ANY of my friends.(Once they choose to go down the wrong path, they are no better than those whom they have struggled against.)
People of today think 'we are more civilized, more evolved' when they live in grand delusions, buried in schemes of legalities, bullied and badgered with fear tactics till they give up their own wills and spirits. We are no different than 1000's of years ago, only the perceptions have changed and become more delusional and skewed. We must still fight for survival, except now its on a whole different playing field. Your either in the stands watching, living your life till you die, On the sidelines waiting your turn to fight, on the field fighting for your team, or if your like us...your outside the stadium, looking realistically, seeing that everyone in there are partakers of the weaker way, and all will turn on you given the opportunity. So we fortify ourselves against that, as they fortify themselves against each other, only to later find out...we too are on a different sort of playing field. We run to the exit of the stadium thinking we are free.., only to realize later, its just another field...Freedom is an illusion. Freewill is an illusion.
We can only do our best, and I am trying...and the rest I have to leave up to God...In the end...everyone will pay the price good and/or bad. How and why I believe in God? Science proves even in nature, that it is more likely that everything is organized by a higher power than happenstance. Math equations prove that their mathematically must be an organized rhythm and something directing these rhythms beyond our understanding. Genetics have proven so many advanced notions written in old text, especially the bible about diseases, curses and such. Genetic memory, genetic dispositions, traits, and tendencies are fact according to various race's and cross breeding's. That is a fact amongst so many other research I have done. Truly, there is nothing new under the sun. Some ole thing just a different name and in a different shape, doing the same thing as it has done thousands of years ago. Everything points to a sovereign higher power. I have spent a life time researching various things, even to the point, that my poor brain can not handle it anymore and its taking a 'huge dump' and now I am loosing my memory. I have learned, and I know I am supposed to know such and such...its just not their like it used to be, yet I try anyway and find my hands and body remembering, and doing the work anyway as if...possessed. Everything I have learned, observed good and bad, in its own way points to a God, so sovereign in his decision making it makes you wonder if he really cares at all. I love the rain, and EVERYTIME I have asked to have rain, it comes...it is his way of saying, "I see you, I hear you, and I love you". That is about the only selfish prayer I can receive. The others prayers, not so much. I pray for others and they say things happen. I want there so I cant verify, and I think they are just trying to make me feel good until I see how hard they take it. I still don't believe I had anything to do with it, as there can be so many other variables. Everything in my life, good and bad...has drawn me to that one grand conclusion.
So with that minor bit of ventilation, (And so many other words to describe similar release from tension) we conclude there will be no more personal investments made here for the sake of everyone here, and as aforementioned, in other communities. We may opt to remove some items and would like them to 'stay removed', and we know that you are your teams are fully capable of that.
If any further contributions are made, we apologize in advance if they now become redundant, as not many non personal things we have yet to fully share are truly new. Somewhere someone has made something similar and it has inspired something in someone to contribute their own twist on it. I guess I can devote my time trying to fix what is already currently available. It seems much safer and less...invasively fretful than subjecting our own personal collections.
No one else will be communicating through this medium other than myself from this point forward. Their points remain valid. They are now assigned to other task, and upon my return, we will have our own online secure archive, if by then I feel the same about it as I do now.
I really do appreciate your time, patience, and kindness concerning this matter.
- Please let me know which articles you wish to retain copyright on and I'll remove them. You could publish them on your own blog and link to it from your user page here, if you like. Marasmusine (talk) 12:06, 29 April 2016 (MDT)
- G of TierArea (talk) 12:24, 29 April 2016 (MDT) Wonderful notion. Noted. I am cleaning up some things as we speak. I don't want to see any more of our stuff in movies and games books, advertisements etc, with out at least ONE of us getting credit for it and paid, of course, as we too need to eat, stink, and bathe like everyone else. The ones marked with "X" on my user page will be the ones to be removed. The ones that are not removed, are free game and we don't care because they are the 'watered/dumbed down' versions anyway and we have seen so many people fail using those sorts and people never really grasped the concept with out us releasing the 'Key Core' as it were, LOL. One such game that was produced that was stolen from us, and we told them thusly, that their game would only have a shelf life of 1 week with out our core. LOL It did just that, lasted one week and people were...bleh. Give me a moment and I will try to find the game, because I bought a copy to laugh at...lol Ok here we go,THIER version was called "Brink" LMAO. That's the one we lost to. We were banned from their website also...we had friends who laughed at them that were also on their site. We all tried to tell them...no one listened. LOL So we still won. They lost more money on that game than they would have lost to hire us to do it right, and that 'whole story line' want ours, it was the programming where the character could auto navigate over any obstacles and such and such...ours didn't pull so hard on the processor and....many other things... LOL. Ah good times...we were so scared at first. LOL. Best memory I had all week, besides the food I ate a few days ago LOL.
- Unless Green Dragon permits a speedy deletion, it will take 2 weeks. You've hidden the text, so it's only an issue if another user comes along and wants to work on them, which I don't think is likely. Marasmusine (talk) 12:42, 29 April 2016 (MDT)
- Yes I agree, since I expected ALLOT of traffic here based on the hype that a local dm communicated. Granted, its better than most that I have found. I just expected more considering the value he placed on it. There is no need for justifications, I know its hard to get something perfect, immediately. I know how hard it is to add all the bells and whistles with out some good investments. That's why I do all my publications private, that way I don't have to worry about copy cats so much. and I can put on as many 'bells and whistles' as I can afford according to demand. Yes I understand, if there was more traffic, I would be concerned. I have been watching a little here and there.
The legal department said you guys could make an amendment for those who want to keep their copyright AND still post their stuff here. Similar to what deviant art has done. They even said that I could, technically, however it doesn't mean it will be followed and tracking things via a third party will be more hassle than its worth. They suggest that if you guys really wanted our content, that you guys would amend the....dog gone it I done forgot what they said...I cant keep up with that. LOL bottom line if you guys would amend the issue, I could and I am willing for those who are not in our circle...etc...im tired brain is getting ready for the night. We still have that company, I guess they really like us. LOL. I don't mind. I just get a little more tired. Much love everyone. g of TierArea (talk) 18:33, 29 April 2016 (MDT)
G dude, i dont know who you are, however we got allot in common to a creepy level. I get ya. I understand how you feel man. just had to say it, at least i think your a dude, you talk like one. Yeah i am done.
G of TierArea (talk) 21:31, 29 April 2016 (MDT) If you don't terribly mind, can you use the signature function in the top left border of the editing box. It is the ninth from the left and second from the right. It makes it simpler for us to know whom is addressing us. Its easier than looking at history, as well as it keeps the confusion down. I would not doubt you and I have a lot in common. I bet I know why too. I will not discuss it here. Yes I am a man. and I thank you for your support. It is encouraging. Good night.
- You do not need to use the GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 for your pages here. If you have a legal preference then you can mark your pages as such as we will work with that preferance. We don't intend things to be misused, and that is not what we want. What license works best for you? --Green Dragon (talk) 05:35, 28 May 2016 (MDT)
"And there that is." as my mother would say
SO...all the stuff your removing so you wont make it harder on the people already trying to sort it all out? ok...dont know what to say to that. Shame to see it go, i kinda liked it. I understand you dont want to be a burden, i dont either. I just dont know if this is the best decision. I mean i completely understand where your coming from. Its like you make an awesome car and its cool and stuff then they wont let you take it on the road. Yeah you cant drive a legit race car on the public roads either...its frankly stupid. Its because the cops cant catch you is all LOL. It seems there is more mechanics, or common sense mechanics that need to be listed. Well some you make a really, bi-polar race, with heavy restrictions and with allot of benefits.
I know what your doing, and where your messing up, if you are messing up at all, because i dont know everything. I think your trying to create specialist, who fit a certain niche' in ecology or...whats the word...in the environment...and in THAT environment, it isnt over powered, it just survives.
I think they (dandwiki mods)are asking you to make it more general...And i dont think you can do that with something so specifically made for certain things. I dont blame you from this point of view. I would not be happy either if i hand crafted a really nice bow that gave me an advantage in tournaments and then they tell me i cant use it. I would be tempted to put an arrow in the mouth of the one who said it. Not my fault if others are too stupid not to make something better and progress forward to survival. I get that part...that striving for excellence and pushing forward drives me too.
The world has become too watered down and too weak for me as well. I am a little man, yet i will stand up to the biggest bully if need be. In those moments i live, i feel so alive, and i succeeded, at least so far for the most part. Either way i find a way to win. I think thats what your trying to do. Your trying to find a way to win. I think you already did, and dont realize it yet and so you keep trying to prove yourself, one step further and further still. That part is fine, just understand...that not all people are going to get it.
Yeah just because you reinvented a form of concrete at 4 years old and could read everything set before you at that age means you need to keep proving yourself to others that is trying to keep something a certain way...if they want to shoot with a plain ole long bow with crappy fletchings, then thats them. Some people arnt ready for change. Some people are keeping it simple so they can include non-specialist, like me. I am good at a bunch of odd ball things, and a few things i am REALLY good at. Generally, i am quite generic.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got startled as part of my cabinet wall just fell off....for no reason....FREAKY
I better get to using my generic skills to see if i can fix it.
Dont be so hard on yourself man. I am sure they dont hate you, they just want you to be more....well...it seems that you cant be what they ask. I understand, been there done that. You have to be true to yourself, because in the end, thats whom you sleep with at night.
- Yes...I was writing specifically addressing you. It did not save because you were editing the page as well. Fortunately I believer the clipboard saved it. Let us see.
G of T: We have watched, we have considered. It seems, McAlester Gamerz Customer you understand our games and concepts. We appreciate this indubitably. You have token more interest in our content than any other. We understand our similarities. It would be unfair and in bad form to YOU to take away what you appreciate. Therefore we are considering letting you have managerial rights over SOME of our work that has not yet been deleted, Under the condition that you leave the original context afore or after your amendment. Since you expressed interest in the Arachnid races, and we have no full rights to that creation since such legends existed far beyond established civilizations, no copyright can be bound. We will give you managerial rights to edit a Fifth Edition version of our contribution with out altering the original, if the page still exist. In that context, we also may give you managerial rights concerning others pages as well with the limitations afore mentioned, as well as not transferring managerial rights without prior consent. I personally think, you will have more flexibility, as where we CANNOT, without causing, like you say indirectly, more frustration and confusion with in ourselves and the community here.
You are correct, we expected more as well as adherence to the "Homebrew" traditions with out unwarranted harassment. It seemed all to obvious that these were injected to be ideas for basic ideas for players and storytellers alike to alter as they needed. We alter our own content often, based on needs and environmental settings. It is technically irrelevant who or what someone thinks of our content since we are not submitting it as 'Official', that also was keenly obvious.
Your understanding, again is appreciated. You are right on multiple accounts, that we know, are obvious to you. We will watch afar off and after deliberation we will contact you with a 'non-specific' general idea, and see what you can do. The other content that is not being worked on, is on 'hold' until there is a general consensus of agreement on your work, both here and in this community.
We wish you the best of favor with this community and our work. You have earned ours.
- I aint got much to say to that, allot to take in. And your right about the spider things. I like spiders, not like more than anything else in general. I also like frogs and lizards...and andand...anyway. I will work on it some in a moment, if i can. I got laundry to do that i keep forgetting about. Thank you. I do wish you would consider, at least, putting the others on hold too because i have a trip to make soon (in a few days to some time in the middle of the month, family stuff) and i might not get to them all in time....I do like them and i do think i can make a level 1 version of them. I think, i will need help and i may have to clean up some of the talk pages occasionally and such.
Just consider it man. Because i really dont care what others think either in the long run. I do like what you contributed...well you know why...your a smart man too, just eccentric, guess what? So am I.
Looks like your originals are being deleted. I could not get anyone to review them or assist for making them legit in time. It was stressing me out trying to get people to help, cause most wont. So in a way, this releases the burden on you and i both. McAlester Gamerz Customer (talk) 12:54, 15 May 2016 (MDT) I will admit...i like some of them...ugg catch 22.
- They are being deleted because TierArea asked them to be deleted due to copyright concerns. There are a handful I've kept (Trolling, Golden chariot, grey alien) because I've worked on them. I can undelete particular ones you are interested in with the proviso that the text be entirely changed... I can try to help with this... Let me know. Marasmusine (talk) 09:43, 16 May 2016 (MDT)
- yeah thats good, i was given consent as long as the originals is kept in the page also. So what i was doing is putting the rewrite first...and thiers so they can use them second...easier for everone that way. i hope. Not tonight...however i got other work to do. I have a game to run myself tonight..McAlester Gamerz Customer (talk) 20:54, 16 May 2016 (MDT)
- SgtLion I agree with most of what you said, however i dont think we should demand something be removed because we are intimidated or whatever. I am ex military also, and it would piss me off to no ends if someone told me I cant use my civil liberties that i bleed for, and will eventually die for like my buddies and family...hell no...there isnt enough space in this wiki to express the expletives i would use to clarify my ferocity on such topics. At this point i find it insulting that anyone would dare complain...its an insult to all who came before me, my family whom i love with a passion, who held communities together, who i would do almost anything to have back...even decimating the worlds populous itself. Luckly i am learning not to take it personal...much...it just strikes a bad nerve when military folks would so much rather have their friends and family back rather than some civilian who is telling someone they cant have their moral freedoms, its not something i touch if i can help it. I dont mind the words, as far as i am concerned, i would rather hear honesty than some watered down pansy wansy....sugar coated whatever. I talk too much...that i am sorry for, i think its the PTSD and too many hits in the head. I am trying to correct that. I might not ever master it.
- But no, if thats the way they feel, then so be it. I might not like something, and as long as i dont have to see it or be exposed to it everyday, i am good. I also dont put myself in those posistions to see it everyday either. I hate gay crap, and yes i have done my research on that and even gotton replies from the leading researchers...the point is that you dont see me walking into gay bars. You wont see me putting up with it either if they get in my face or in someplace where they are not wanted. So bottom line is that if you dont like someone, stay away from them. yeah...one day i will learn...i hope. I have a hard time keeping it simple when i write. I am trying. I also think...you remind me of a buddy of mine...gone...so i linger...McAlester Gamerz Customer (talk) 09:52, 17 May 2016 (MDT)
- As per my last comment, and the initial point put forward that your legal notice explicitly contradicts our current terms, I've removed the notice from your user page. We have appeared to have acknowledged you didn't really license your contributions under OGL, as we've allowed them to be deleted/redone/etc - I trust you're happy with how this has been resolved, but please bring up if there is anything we've not sorted yet.
- You may choose the Open Game License v1.0a, Creative Commons Attributed Noncommercial Share Alike, and other similar licenses at page creation. If you want to do this, you should note this on the articles themselves. Your current legal notice on your user page however is intimidating and not acceptable in its current form. --SgtLion (talk) 06:14, 24 May 2016 (MDT)
I would like to discuss this further with you to clarify as well as garner advice from someone who has greater experience with the site than I do. But some times said advice can be hard to come by for any number of reasons. If possible, I would prefer to take our conversation off site. Do you have an email or other contact info I could get to contact you? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Grymmlocke (talk • contribs) 15:02, 16 May 2016. Please sign your posts.
Yeah i have it however they wont share it here. It might be easier to talk to me cause they are getting anti social again, I can relay the messege and when they open up they can....no...i was going to say open up like a can of tomatoes and then they can make chilli...meh. it was a metaphore. You get the point...i will see if they are still paying attention. Stupid of course they are. they are probably laughing at me. McAlester Gamerz Customer (talk) 21:00, 16 May 2016 (MDT) I nervous about giving mine out too. So i will give it out here for a few days and then i will remove it....only thing i can do. I was able to figure out emails by cross referencing things...funny how you can find out everything about people with a little ingenuity.