We have recently completed a MediaWiki update - There are a few issues that shall be ironed out in the coming day. Please be patient with any current errors.
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Clockwerk66, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be found here. If your question does not fit into one of the above possibilities, or you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help pages also provide help in areas that have been decided as requiring additional explanation.
OGC NobleOGC:Noble (5e Class) has been brought up to standards and should be fully integrated with the OGC namespace :) --GamerAim
| I'd like to give you this lionring for your efforts in bringing my dream of hosting open game content to life. Thank you <3--GamerAim |
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination(talk) 11:03, 21 August 2017 (MDT)
OGLHello, Clockwerk66! I don't have access to the books you've been transcribing, so I just wanted to make sure you've been checking the designation of product identity in the document.--GamerAim
- Hello GamerAim. As far as EN Publishing & EN World En5ider are concerned, the Open Game Content disclaimers in their publications read as follows: The game rule information in this article is designated Open Game Content. All of the other material in this article, including maps and illustrations (including illustrations in the public domain), narrative and descriptive text, character and place names, trade dress, “EN Publishing,” “EN World,” “EN5ider,” EN Publishing product and article titles, and EN World and EN Publishing logos, are designated Product Identity.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Clockwerk66 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts!
- Hey again. I just managed to get an answer from En5ider regarding what they mean by "narrative and descriptive text". They say, and I quote: "It refers to the non-mechanical parts of the document. In an adventure, for example, a monster would be OGC, but the description of an NPC's personality and motives would not be. It's the "body" text of an article, as opposed to the new mechanics within it." Clockwerk66 (talk) 07:33, 23 August 2017 (MDT)
Hello again. On feats: If you make a new category of feat, you should make a new feat list page for them. I did this for Fell Experiment and Celestial Experiment feats, for instance. Most of the general system-inclusive pages should be done, so for many specific types like that, you need only include a DPL for the one system (see Past Life feats).Additionally, you left the summary parameter out of many feats. That is needed for the DPL. You can usually copy part of the benefit for the summary, as long as it's short and summarizes the feat :) --GamerAim
- That's odd....when I go to create a new feat, there's no actual field for me to put a "summary" of the description. Maybe I'm missing something? Clockwerk66 (talk) 13:10, 25 August 2017 (MDT)
- Sorry, I left it out by accident! My fault there :( I guess I'll work on putting summaries in, then. I think I missed it because the template itself doesn't use it; it's only used for transclusion to DPL.--GamerAim Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination(talk) 14:11, 25 August 2017 (MDT)
- Sorry, I left it out by accident! My fault there :( I guess I'll work on putting summaries in, then. I think I missed it because the template itself doesn't use it; it's only used for transclusion to DPL.--GamerAim
I believe I have finished all of your requests. I made weapon, ammo and magic item templates and replaced the saber with it (as you'll see in your watchlist). All of the existing equipment pages now support 5e, unless I somehow missed one. There's a lot here and it really is difficult to make metapages, templates and preloads without knowing what the end result should look like, so if you come across a type of page I haven't covered yet and don't know what to do, feel free to ask :)All of the templates and preloads are now listed on the D20 Open Game Content Publication Transcription Project page as well, for your (and my) convenience :) --GamerAim
- Thank you very much for your help GamerAim! I think there's just the pages for armors left now, and then we should be set for a while --Clockwerk66 (talk) 09:37, 22 September 2017 (MDT)
- Oh, by the way, there's a couple OGC publications that include diseases in them, so we'll need a OGC:Diseases page as well. --Clockwerk66 (talk) 14:37, 22 September 2017 (MDT)