Talk:5e Open Game Content
From D&D Wiki
As people coming to this page, especially new ones, will likely want the SRD, should we prioritise it with a special place atop the list? Not to diminish the importance of our other OGC books, and much as I appreciate proper Completion ordering and Alphabetization, we should make finding the rules that 5e is built around as easy as possible, as it is on 3.5e Open Game Content. --SgtLion (talk) 04:21, 23 August 2017 (MDT)
So the main Open Game Content page for 5e is still using the top banner that we use for homebrew stuff. We might wanna do something about that, just to make sure there's absolutely no confusion as to what kind of content this is. --Clockwerk66 (talk) 12:08, 13 October 2017 (MDT)
- Perhaps we can bug BD about getting an OGC namespace set up? — Geodude671 (talk | contribs | email) . . 12:19, 13 October 2017 (MDT)
We need to change the EN Publishing section of this page to be EN5ider. Within this section the individual book-format pages need to be removed. EN5ider should just be a list page with each of the individual OGC pages listed, and with a link to ENWorld. Each of the individual pages may offer a link to the source, but only worded with source (not with the book name). Does this make sense? The reason is that ENWorld has not published these projects, but rather only licensed these pages under the OGL. --Green Dragon (talk) 23:22, 21 November 2017 (MST)
- So EN Publishing didn't publish these publications, and the publications all need to be merged? Is A Touch of Class part of this change as well? It's the only EN Publishing book I have, so I can't check the OGL of the others and will of course defer to your decision and judgement.
- 1) Are we still allowed to keep the nav box on the content pages? 2) Do we have to change any article names? I will start implementing the changes you specified above, and then ask if I've done it properly before finishing.--GamerAim (talk) 05:38, 22 November 2017 (MST)
- As I said, I have tried to implement the changes. EN5ider is the new publication page, replete with all the links formerly located on the incorrect publication pages. Red links from partially-complete pages are included, whereas red links from entirely-incompletely pages are not. I didn't much see the need in including them, but I can do so if requested :) I also created OGC:Experimenting and Grafting (5e Variant Rule) to try out the new parameters for the footer (also because it needed created).
- If all this stuff is correct, I believe SgtLion's handy bot can automatically delete the old publication pages and update the parameters on the content pages and everything will be gold 8) So, of course, just let me know if everything is good or what needs changed.--GamerAim (talk) 10:09, 22 November 2017 (MST)