User talk:Cotsu Malcior
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Cotsu Malcior and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying D&D Wiki and I hope you have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing it is recommended that you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question please ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be found here. If your question does not fit into one of the above possibilities or you need to contact another user please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help pages also provide help in areas that have been decided as requiring additional explanation.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. To enable the community to function policies are in effect. Most importantly follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything and do not delete content. Also, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon (talk) 00:06, 28 September 2015 (MDT)
In return for fleshing out my backstory with a desert I made very long ago, I give to you the Paradise of Cotsu Malcior! It is themed around your Exceptionally Scrumptious Pies (I hope you don't mind), and it is pretty cool! --Calibri (talk) 19:02, 24 June 2018 (MDT)
"If you catch me in the tavern and you are worthy I will bake you a magical desert." --Cotsu Malcior
|I award you with the Lionring in return for making the Exceptionally Scrumptious Pie (5e Equipment) and lightening my mood.--GamerAim (talk) 18:38, 25 June 2017 (MDT)|
Can you see the future?
Sometime ago you gave me such praise as to say I should be in administrator so I figured you might be interested in knowing that Geodude nominated me for adminship recently.^^ Requests_for_Adminship/ConcealedLight#ConcealedLight --ConcealedLight (talk) 16:59, 11 April 2018 (MDT)
Hey, Cotsu! I was wondering why you don't use the Discord server? I remember you being a lot of fun in the Tavern and I miss that sometimes... I haven't been in Tavern much because I've been busy, but I still use Discord to talk to SgtLion and folks off-topic when I'm not working on wiki stuff. I just wanted to invite you, in case you wanted to pop on by: link here --GamerAim (talk) 18:37, 26 April 2018 (MDT)
I am so thrilled you've taken this mantle. It is an area I've wished for someone to take the reigns on and restore life to it, and hopefully add more life to the wiki. Good luck with this endeavor, rooting for you big time! BigShotFancyMan (talk) 14:29, 31 July 2018 (MDT)
Welcome to Adminship. You are now part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. You have more burden on yourself now that you are an admin because users will be looking at you for editing help, knowledge about pages, etc. Make sure to familiarize yourself with Meta Pages to help address this burden. I recommend you take a look at Special:ListGroupRights if you have not already. Some of the new feature's uses follow: You can now delete pages, protect pages, rollback edits, block users and IP's, edit every page, patrol edits, and do a couple more minor things.
- Deleting pages is normally done through Category:Candidates for Deletion. Anything with a good reason to be deleted on that page should be deleted. Other times pages should be deleted is in the case of vandalism, spam, or even when someone makes a page and after a few edits they either blank the page or replace it with something like "Please delete this". If this page consisted of close to just the preload it is fine to just delete it.
- Protecting pages has quite a few different times when it should be used. Pages should be protected according to the author's wishes (with Template:Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of conflict (with Template:Temp Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of OGC published materials (with Template:OGL Top added to the top of the page in question and Template:OGL Bottom added to the bottom), or finally if the page is a vital part of D&D Wiki's organization. Also, if it deals with D&D Wiki's organization the page needs to be protected. For Example 3.5e Homebrew is protected from all non-sysop edits. No template needs to be added to pages if they are part of D&D Wiki's organization (even though some do exist like Template:Admin Locked Page)
- Blocking a user or IP should be used with respect to policy. To block someone just click "block" (found on Recent Changes, the diff in question, the userpage, etc) and fill out the corresponding form. For a typical vandalism attack I normally block the user for two weeks. Certain things demand a longer block and others a shorter. No standards have been set for block lengths so use your best judgment.
- Editing every page on D&D Wiki mostly means you can now edit the 5e SRD, 3.5e SRD and the MSRD. Feel free to edit them if inaccuracies are found. If interested further please look at their To-Do lists; I am sure your help will be appreciated.
Now that you are an admin I would say more burden is placed on you, but I really hope you enjoy being an admin and I hope you decide to stay around on D&D Wiki for a while more to come. Welcome to Adminship. Again, you're now part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon (talk) 23:33, 7 August 2018 (MDT)
- Congrats Cotsu! NPC Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:56, 7 August 2018 (MDT)
- Ditto. I look forward to your contributon to the wiki. —ConcealedLight (talk) 00:51, 8 August 2018 (MDT)
- Nice job. Quincy (talk) 04:04, 8 August 2018 (MDT)
Star Caller Class
Hey! I appreciate the effort you are doing to revive my class idea. I was stumped on an idea for it for so long. Though I had almost nothing written, I would have liked to have been asked before having it edited. That being said, please continue and I would love to see where you take it next.~ PathOfTheGods (talk)