D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 5
From D&D Wiki
The theme for this issue is "Holy".
Channeler (5e Class) Oath of The Justiciar (5e Archetype) Seraphim Patron (5e Archetype)* Not mine, but the balance is surprisingly good except maybe cleric cantrips. With some more fluff, this could be great. --OwenLeaf (talk) 13:30, 23 October 2016 (MDT) Way of the Heavenly Lores (5e Archetype)- Who said monks can't be holy? I'm not sure with balancing issues, I would like to have this reviewed. I wonder if this could make into the D&D Wiki Magazine. --WeirdoWhoever (talk) 07:42, 27 March 2017 (UTC) College of Hymn (5e Archetype)- Another archetype to go. I must be on a writing spree, although the balancing part is still questionable, I'm not getting the hang of it. --WeirdoWhoever (talk) 14:40, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
- Faith Militant (5e Archetype)
- Oath of Silence (5e Archetype)
- Paladin (Fighter Archetype)
Half-Celestial (5e Subrace)
- Hound Archon (5e Race) * Did a fluff revision
Sainted (5e Subrace), Sainted (5e Class), Sainted Human (5e Race Variant)* These are mine, so someone please look through these.
- Sorath (5e Race) * Needs more description
- Angel (5e Race) (just need to finish the custom background)
- Suva (5e Race)
Gallant Armor (5e Equipment) Angelic Armor (5e Equipment) Angelic Bow (5e Equipment) Angelic Lance (5e Equipment) Angelic Sword (5e Equipment) Aura Armor (5e Equipment) Holy Protector (5e Equipment) Funeral, Modest (5e Equipment) Memorial Chapel (5e Equipment) Monument, Brass (5e Equipment) Tomb, Gilded (5e Equipment) Chalice of Purification (5e Equipment)
- Devilbound (5e Creature) Need to be toned down a little bit.
- Oathbreaker (5e Creature)
- Paladin (5e Creature)
- Valkyrie (5e Creature)
Foo Animal (5e Template)
- Valkor (5e Creature)
- Ice Wanderer (5e Creature)
- Winterborn (3.5e Prestige Class) (Only thing I've really got for "holy".)
- Angel Disciple (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Ascendant Knight (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Bahamut's/Tiamat's Fanatic (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Celestial Beacon (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Defiler of Temples (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Holy Rager (3.5e Prestige Class) *should be good for the magazine. Love the concept
- No-Spells Paladin (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
- Angel (3.5e Creature) (are these sufficiently different from the SRD angels?)
- Radiant Angel (3.5e Creature)
- The Abyssal Touched (5e Archetype) * not finished
- Hammer of the Lightbringer (5e Equipment) * I can't include IP
- Weapon of Smiting (5e Equipment) * not finished
- Blessed Rations and Water(5e Equipment) * nonsense
- Divine Magic (5e Archetype) * needs a significant rewrite, plus there is already a similar idea within an unearthed arcane page based on such subject. Do please check the link here.
- Oath of The Inquisition (5e Archetype) *I'm not sure this one can be redeemed as a valuable archetype. The subject matter just seems to be a justification to be disruptive.
Not sure if we can keep this religiously neutral. The Trinkets we can just include emblems from a bunch of faiths, but this might present more issues
- In my opening editor's statement, I will be briefly trying to answer the question "What is Holiness" with respect to the magazine content, it will only be a paragraph or two. Something along the lines of "Holy" not necessarily being tied in with deities or religions, and Goodness having an objective existence in D&D cosmology; at the same time neutral or evil organizations may still have their "things that should not be transgressed". Marasmusine (talk) 12:01, 24 June 2016 (MDT)
- A book that changes its text to that of the religious dogma of the one who possesses it, except for one subtle change.
- A figurine of a religious icon, with the face scratched off.
- A shrunken head.
- A totem depicting the hierarchy of a family of animal spirits.
- A painting depicting an absurd collection of images which, together, symbolically or covertly represent a myth.
- A petrified dragon heart suspended in a sphere of solid glass.
- A phial containing a black, oily substance which, if opened, drips upward away from gravity and evaporates quickly.
- A page of an old religious book which contains a word that glows with different colors.
- An angel's feather infused with holy essence.
- An illuminated page depicting a scene from a holy text wherein the figures move slightly.
- An incense burner with engraved images from a parable.
- An empty note book with a holy symbol printed on the inside of the cover.
- A discredited reliquary.
- A small portable shrine.
- An unfinished page for an illuminated manuscript.
- A silver knife, with a wavy blade and a quote inscribed in a dead script.
- A jar of "Old Croak" embalming fluid.
- Prayer beads, worn and ragged.
- A funerary mask that smells of grass.
- A necklace with a pendant containing the ashes of an ancestor.