Hyrule (Hyrule Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Hyrule is a large continent located in a realm known as the Light World, in the midst of the vast ocean known as the Great Sea. Its inhabitants encompass various races, but together are known as Hyruleans. Hyrule is by far the most populous landmass in the world, and is inhabited by almost every known sentient race.
The continent of Hyrule is divided into eight official provinces which are governed by bodies officially recognized by the Hyrulean Royal Family, and most of which are either allied with or subservient to the Hyrulean Royal Family. Together, these eight provinces are known as the Kingdom of Hyrule:
- Akkala Province is governed by the elected mayor of the Harbor Town of Mido. Located to the northeast coast of Hyrule, it is the geographically smallest province, and its flora appears to be trapped perpetually in autumn.
- Central Province is governed by the Hyrulean Royal Family in the titular castle of Hyrule Castle Town. Other provinces by law swear fealty to the Hyrulean Royal Family, but otherwise the Central Province is not above the law of the land compared to the other provinces. It is the only landlocked province, and is comprised mostly of grasslands and gentle hills.
- Eldin Province is governed by the chieftain of Goron City. The region is dominated by Death Mountain, a peculiar volcano from which lava steadily flows.
- Faron Province is governed by a parliament of several elected officials from various smaller villages. It is a lush forest with abundant rivers and grasslands.
- Gerudo Province is governed by the chieftain of Gerudo Town. Despite being an impressively large province, the region is mostly an uninhabitable desert.
- Hebra Province is governed by the chieftain of Rito Village. It is the geographically largest province, but due to the harshly cold climate and inhospitable terrain it is sparsely populated.
- Lanaryu Province is governed by the Royal Family of Zora Village. Fitting for a province ruled by the amphibious zora race, it is dominated by flows of both freshwater and saltwater.
- Necluda Province is governed by the elected mayor of Kakariko Village. The province itself is a low-lying wetland surrounded on most sides by steep mountains.
Outside of the provinces but still technically part of Hyrule are the regions known as The Forsaken to the immediate south, and the more expansive Southern Hyrule beyond it. Most hylians and other allies of the Hyrulean Kingdom avoid these desolate southern locations.