D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 1
From D&D Wiki
The final file can be found on Scribd at https://www.scribd.com/doc/268815801/Houserule-Issue-1 or at File:Houserule1.pdf - Thankyou to Salasay, Azernath, Calidore Chase, PrinceoftheAngels, Zau, Kydo and everyone else who contributed.
The next project is at D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 2, start listing your favourite magic weapons!
- Update: Added Salasay's editorial; arcane lock box, some images
- Update: Added Azernath's Anti-Magic Shield; Calidore Chase's 3.5e items; Jerden (and my) Arcane Disruption
- Update: Added 4e at-will wizard spells, 4e magic items (my master's wands and some random wondrous items). Sorry about the slow going. Need *more suggestions for 3.5e items, feats, spells...
- Update: Added more 4e wizard spells; PrinceoftheAngel's swordmage spells
- Update: Adding 5e spells.
- Update: Moved author credits to an author index. Added: two 5e magic items by ChldOfTheNxtGen; Calidore Chase's Palour Tricks; my Geomancy archetype
- Update: Added Calidore Chase's prestidigation themed 3.5e Feats (Toymaker's "toys" are in the 3.5e Emporium section)
- Update: Added Calidore Chase's prestidigitator PrC
- Update: Added some 4e rituals, some of Eviltenets 5e creatures, a nice image from http://ackegard.com/gallery/main.php
- Update: Added 3.5e spells, trinkets, some illustrations courtesy of TazioBettin at http://taziobettin.deviantart.com - ISSUE IS IMMINENTLY FINISHED!
I need a 3.5e sub-editor to go through the 3e candidates and check them for balance and terminology. For example, does Prestidigitator (3.5e Prestige Class) need Ex, Su, Sp assigning to class features?
- I put two qualifiers on the abilities, but I do not believe any of the others require one.... also fixed Wizard's Grace Feat. --Calidore Chase (talk) 04:41, 29 April 2015 (MDT)
I need help with basic grammar editing. This is easy but time consuming. For example, capitalization at Knight of the Moon (3.5e Prestige Class) (I've done some) and other large articles: class names should not capitalized, feature names should not capitalized in the table, etc. If I have to do this, this thing will take all year to put together :) Need more 3.5e stuff: spells, items, etc., be on the lookout for things that do interesting things with magic.
- I feel like I have enough damaging spells, I'd like more utility or quirky spells. Marasmusine (talk) 02:06, 30 April 2015 (MDT)
The theme is "Magic", see talk page.
- Ethereal (5e Race) (Need to be filled with more content)
- Spellbreaker (5e Archetype) (Need an administrator's opinion)
- Psyker (5e Background) (Need to be filled with more content)
Mage Lens (5e Equipment) Morse Anti-Magic Shield (5e Equipment)
- Ring of Endless Ammunition (5e Equipment)
Trinket Box - 20 trinkets related to spellcasters/spells/magic creatures Arcane Golem (5e Creature) Gnome, Pebble (5e Creature)
- School of Mereology (5e Archetype)
Arcane Lock Box (5e Equipment) Basically everything at 5e Wizard Spells, 5e Warlock Spells, 5e Sorcerer Spells Geomancy (5e Archetype)
- Orb Bearer (5e Archetype)
Living Spell (4e Creature) 4e Metamagic Feats
- Runeborn (4e Race) (description needs improving; needs supporting feats and/or utility powers)
Master's Wand of Icy Wind (4e Equipment), Master's Wand of Magic Stones (4e Equipment), Master's Wand of Firefly Swarm (4e Equipment)
- Master's Wand of Firefly Swarm (4e Equipment), Firefly Swarm (4e Power), Icy Wind (4e Power)
Wildfire Charge (4e Power), Ice Daggers (4e Power), Argent Blade (4e Power)
- Races: Makari (4e Race), Asura (4e Race), Gnomes of Calebth (4e Race), Imp (4e Race), Qirsi (4e Race), Runeborn (4e Race)
Prestidigitator (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Darkfire Guild Wizard (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Elementalist,_Tirr_(3.5e_Prestige_Class) - Does this need tweaking per Zau's suggestion on the talk page?
- All-Piercing_Arrow_(3.5e_Spell), Mana (3.5e Deity) (Throwing in mine, as well, if we need them)
Ethereal Spellbook (3.5e Equipment), Third-Eye Spellbook (3.5e Equipment)
- Bracelet of Shielding (3.5e Equipment) (pretty standard magic item)
Flicker Dagger (3.5e Equipment) (Please review, just posted this)
- Spellbook Imp (3.5e Creature) (Please review, just posted this)
- Venalis (3.5e Deity) (Please review, just posted this)
- Mongoose (3.5e Prestige Class) (Needs some polish if to be published)
- Knight of the Moon (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Feats (metamagic, arcane)
Wizard's Grace (3.5e Feat)
- Craft Magic Tattoo Variant (3.5e Feat)
Parlour Tricks (3.5e Feat)
- Earth Lore (3.5e Feat)
- Enspell Familiar (3.5e Feat)
- Gambling Mage (3.5e Feat)
- Glyphic Spell Recording (3.5e Feat)
- Innate Magic (3.5e Feat)
Toymaker (3.5e Feat)
- A seamless wooden box that needs to be touched with a brass ring to open.
- A mushroom that is used as a treasure chest by the faery folk.
- A simple flaxen bag that must be turned inside out prior to withdrawing any of its contents
- A carved wooden cubical box, all 6 sides being identical, whichever side is facing "up" is treated as the side the lid is on, with the hinge on the far side of the "box"
- A box that has one eye and sets off an alarm when it sees a stranger
- A transparent cube that opens a portal to an endless space
- A wooden chest that is enchanted to be inaccessible by force. An unfinished rune carved onto the chest must be finished to open.
- A scroll containing the drawing of a frog and inscribed with magical runes. When dropped in a pond, the drawing turns into a frog with a pocket dimension in its mouth. It is capable of holding any single item, regardless of size or properties.
- A ring that grows warm when near common magical items
- A dagger that was once owned by a man struck by a lightning bolt spell; it still flickers with (harmless) electricity.
- A simple crown of woven rowan that glows faintly with unearthly light.
- A wand that, when waved over a bowl, makes the food therein taste spicy.
- A spoon that, when used to stir a drink, makes the beverage piping hot.
- A shallow bowl that makes all spellcasters who eat or drink from it feel faintly nauseous.
- A rock that may be absorbed into any point on the body and produced from another point at will.
- A small compass that never points north, and sometimes points at strangers.
- A strange purple dust that can be sprinkled on tiny objects, causing them to hover 5 feet off the ground for 1 minute.
- A bobbin of thick string with which it is impossible to tie knots
- A blue sash cut from perfectly hydrophobic cloth.
- A small, hollow metallic orb that vibrates when tapped. While vibrating it prevents anyone in close proximity from sleeping. It stops vibrating when tapped again.
- A sheet of papyrus that captures a person’s portrait when a command word is spoken (reusable if the command word is known).
- A hand crank music box that plays a melody that makes listeners think they are dreaming.
- A chain of alternating silver and bronze links. The silver links are ethereal, while the bronze links are not, but they can still interact with the other links.