D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 1
From D&D Wiki
The final file can be found on Scribd at https://www.scribd.com/doc/268815801/Houserule-Issue-1 or at File:Houserule1.pdf - Thankyou to Salasay, Azernath, Calidore Chase, PrinceoftheAngels, Zau, Kydo and everyone else who contributed.
The next project is at D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 2, start listing your favourite magic weapons!
- Update: Added Salasay's editorial; arcane lock box, some images
- Update: Added Azernath's Anti-Magic Shield; Calidore Chase's 3.5e items; Jerden (and my) Arcane Disruption
- Update: Added 4e at-will wizard spells, 4e magic items (my master's wands and some random wondrous items). Sorry about the slow going. Need *more suggestions for 3.5e items, feats, spells...
- Update: Added more 4e wizard spells; PrinceoftheAngel's swordmage spells
- Update: Adding 5e spells.
- Update: Moved author credits to an author index. Added: two 5e magic items by ChldOfTheNxtGen; Calidore Chase's Palour Tricks; my Geomancy archetype
- Update: Added Calidore Chase's prestidigation themed 3.5e Feats (Toymaker's "toys" are in the 3.5e Emporium section)
- Update: Added Calidore Chase's prestidigitator PrC
- Update: Added some 4e rituals, some of Eviltenets 5e creatures, a nice image from http://ackegard.com/gallery/main.php
- Update: Added 3.5e spells, trinkets, some illustrations courtesy of TazioBettin at http://taziobettin.deviantart.com - ISSUE IS IMMINENTLY FINISHED!
I need a 3.5e sub-editor to go through the 3e candidates and check them for balance and terminology. For example, does Prestidigitator (3.5e Prestige Class) need Ex, Su, Sp assigning to class features?
- I put two qualifiers on the abilities, but I do not believe any of the others require one.... also fixed Wizard's Grace Feat. --Calidore Chase (talk) 04:41, 29 April 2015 (MDT)
I need help with basic grammar editing. This is easy but time consuming. For example, capitalization at Knight of the Moon (3.5e Prestige Class) (I've done some) and other large articles: class names should not capitalized, feature names should not capitalized in the table, etc. If I have to do this, this thing will take all year to put together :) Need more 3.5e stuff: spells, items, etc., be on the lookout for things that do interesting things with magic.
- I feel like I have enough damaging spells, I'd like more utility or quirky spells. Marasmusine (talk) 02:06, 30 April 2015 (MDT)
The theme is "Magic", see talk page.
- Ethereal (5e Race) (Need to be filled with more content)
- Spellbreaker (5e Archetype) (Need an administrator's opinion)
- Psyker (5e Background) (Need to be filled with more content)
Mage Lens (5e Equipment) Morse Anti-Magic Shield (5e Equipment)
- Ring of Endless Ammunition (5e Equipment)
Trinket Box - 20 trinkets related to spellcasters/spells/magic creatures Arcane Golem (5e Creature) Gnome, Pebble (5e Creature)
- School of Mereology (5e Archetype)
Arcane Lock Box (5e Equipment) Basically everything at 5e Wizard Spells, 5e Warlock Spells, 5e Sorcerer Spells Geomancy (5e Archetype)
- Orb Bearer (5e Archetype)
Living Spell (4e Creature) 4e Metamagic Feats
- Runeborn (4e Race) (description needs improving; needs supporting feats and/or utility powers)
Master's Wand of Icy Wind (4e Equipment), Master's Wand of Magic Stones (4e Equipment), Master's Wand of Firefly Swarm (4e Equipment) Master's Wand of Firefly Swarm (4e Equipment), Firefly Swarm (4e Power), Icy Wind (4e Power) Wildfire Charge (4e Power), Ice Daggers (4e Power), Argent Blade (4e Power)
- Races: Makari (4e Race), Asura (4e Race), Gnomes of Calebth (4e Race), Imp (4e Race), Qirsi (4e Race), Runeborn (4e Race)
Prestidigitator (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Darkfire Guild Wizard (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Elementalist,_Tirr_(3.5e_Prestige_Class) - Does this need tweaking per Zau's suggestion on the talk page?
- All-Piercing_Arrow_(3.5e_Spell), Mana (3.5e Deity) (Throwing in mine, as well, if we need them)
Ethereal Spellbook (3.5e Equipment), Third-Eye Spellbook (3.5e Equipment)
- Bracelet of Shielding (3.5e Equipment) (pretty standard magic item)
Flicker Dagger (3.5e Equipment) (Please review, just posted this)
- Spellbook Imp (3.5e Creature) (Please review, just posted this)
- Venalis (3.5e Deity) (Please review, just posted this)
- Mongoose (3.5e Prestige Class) (Needs some polish if to be published)
- Knight of the Moon (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Feats (metamagic, arcane)
Wizard's Grace (3.5e Feat)
- Craft Magic Tattoo Variant (3.5e Feat)
Parlour Tricks (3.5e Feat)
- Earth Lore (3.5e Feat)
- Enspell Familiar (3.5e Feat)
- Gambling Mage (3.5e Feat)
- Glyphic Spell Recording (3.5e Feat)
- Innate Magic (3.5e Feat)
Toymaker (3.5e Feat)
- A seamless wooden box that needs to be touched with a brass ring to open.
- A mushroom that is used as a treasure chest by the faery folk.
- A simple flaxen bag that must be turned inside out prior to withdrawing any of its contents
- A carved wooden cubical box, all 6 sides being identical, whichever side is facing "up" is treated as the side the lid is on, with the hinge on the far side of the "box"
- A box that has one eye and sets off an alarm when it sees a stranger
- A transparent cube that opens a portal to an endless space
- A wooden chest that is enchanted to be inaccessible by force. An unfinished rune carved onto the chest must be finished to open.
- A scroll containing the drawing of a frog and inscribed with magical runes. When dropped in a pond, the drawing turns into a frog with a pocket dimension in its mouth. It is capable of holding any single item, regardless of size or properties.
- A ring that grows warm when near common magical items
- A dagger that was once owned by a man struck by a lightning bolt spell; it still flickers with (harmless) electricity.
- A simple crown of woven rowan that glows faintly with unearthly light.
- A wand that, when waved over a bowl, makes the food therein taste spicy.
- A spoon that, when used to stir a drink, makes the beverage piping hot.
- A shallow bowl that makes all spellcasters who eat or drink from it feel faintly nauseous.
- A rock that may be absorbed into any point on the body and produced from another point at will.
- A small compass that never points north, and sometimes points at strangers.
- A strange purple dust that can be sprinkled on tiny objects, causing them to hover 5 feet off the ground for 1 minute.
- A bobbin of thick string with which it is impossible to tie knots
- A blue sash cut from perfectly hydrophobic cloth.
- A small, hollow metallic orb that vibrates when tapped. While vibrating it prevents anyone in close proximity from sleeping. It stops vibrating when tapped again.
- A sheet of papyrus that captures a person’s portrait when a command word is spoken (reusable if the command word is known).
- A hand crank music box that plays a melody that makes listeners think they are dreaming.
- A chain of alternating silver and bronze links. The silver links are ethereal, while the bronze links are not, but they can still interact with the other links.