Talk:Genie (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Featured Article Nomination
Please feel free to re-nominate it once it meets the FA criteria and when all the major issues brought up in this nomination have been dealt with.
- Comment. I think the wish-granting aspect makes this page too out of standard to be a FA. I'm not sure what to do about it but maybe someone else can give some suggestions. —ConcealedLight (talk) 23:50, 11 August 2019 (MDT)
- Comment. Yeah I have to agree with CL's concern. It's impossible to take away wish and still really play a genie since it's such an integral part to them. But at the same time, this is something that would never come to fruition with say, core standard (if we're going by that). The variant goes as far as giving stuff past the usual 5th level limit even. It is still a very well made page though. --Yanied (talk) 17:34, 12 August 2019 (MDT)
- Thanks. —ConcealedLight (talk) 22:55, 12 August 2019 (MDT)
- Support. I think there is a lot of information here to gather how you'd like to play a genie. I think that the wish aspect is balanced since there is a limit to what level spell you can do. The only way to use the wishes is a master, and I think a practical way of doing this is a PC being the master; interesting roleplay/story in my opinion. One hiccup I see is that when you are out of your container, you lose all functions of the variant, meaning the wishing part....
08:26, 24 October 2019 (MDT)
- I forgot one thing, no one else is bothered by this medium creature standing 9 feet tall? Like 1 foot shorter than what is considered a large space? 09:06, 24 October 2019 (MDT)
- Comment. The time frame for this FAN is up in a few days and without extra support I cannot pass it. While the comments aren't opposes I think them relevant enough that one support doesn't justify passing this nomination. 08:17, 5 December 2019 (MST)