D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Cotsu Malcior
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion. Failed.
(3/1/4) 75% Approval; Ended 18:17, 8 June 2018 (UTC).
Hello everyone! After 3 years on the wiki and consulting with several administrators I believe that my time to take on more janitorial and maintenance duties has arrived. --Cotsu Malcior (talk) 10:17, 1 June 2018 (MDT)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: I am currently categorizing the uncategorized list in the special pages and believe that the tools could help me flow through this a little faster without stopping to ask an administrator every 10 minutes if something has updated or has been moved properly. Also I adore assisting new users on the wiki with their content and would love to use these to focus on the newer users of the site, who I feel are more vulnerable to vandalism and gatekeeping then other more experienced users.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: I am particularly pleased with my The Trifadishti Petals (5e Pantheon) that I have created including all of the individual deities pages found within. I am also very proud of my Deathslinger (5e Class) which has been balanced and created with the help of several users. I am proud of these mostly because they show my humbleness, these pages were created by me but are a show of the wikis ability as a whole to come together and work on projects. I feel as though I can help foster this in new users and experienced users alike.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I am exceptionally passive and hard to infuriate. I am diplomatic and have never had a conflict with another user, editor or administrator but If I ever have one I will be sure to stick to my diplomatic roots to come to a peaceful compromise.
- While I consider how to word my response, I have one question to ask: What is your opinion on the current widespread (some might say heavy-handed) use James Musicus' race "balance" meter? Have you personally used it when creating any races?--GamerAim (talk) 10:14, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
While I think the meter is balanced and an excellent guideline. I do not beleive it is the sole guide by which we can judge races. I have used it to create a few of my own races however i do not beleive that a race not meeting the Musicus' Meter is good enough reason to shut it down.--Cotsu Malcior (talk) 12:13, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
- She hasn't contributed much to the wiki in these past couple months (as I understand it, events in the meatrealm took precedence) but based on my interactions with Cotsu in the past, she seems like a kind, level-headed individual, which I think will make her a great addition to the admin team. — Geodude671 (talk | contribs | email) . . 10:52, 1 June 2018 (MDT)
- I like it when Cotsu says that "my time to take on more janitorial and maintenance duties has arrived". Although she only has a few edits, the janitorial and maintenance edits that Cotsu is planning on making will reflect the good edits that she has been doing. Cotsu has my support. --Green Dragon (talk) 22:32, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
- It's no secret that I adore Cotsu. She's always been a funny and energetic team player, and her absence recently did not go unnoticed! And if she says that she's inclined to take on more responsibilities, then I can't help but jump with the same exuberance :D --GamerAim (talk) 07:24, 5 June 2018 (MDT)
- I'm unsure about this vote, especially as I'm the only one sitting on this side. I have had little interaction with Cotsu, but I've never seen anything negative. That's the problem, though: I haven't seen her very much. I believe anyone to be trusted with adminship on any wiki should be listed as one of its most active members. Maybe it's due to my own absences, but from my perspective, Cotsu just isn't very high on that list. - Guy (talk) 15:40, 7 June 2018 (MDT)
I really want to support Cotsu, but the support and use of James Musicus' meter makes that impossible for me. I don't want supporting another user of that meter for adminship on my conscience.
- I wonder who you could be reffering to my fellow admin... —ConcealedLight (talk) 00:57, 6 June 2018 (MDT)
- Cotsu seems really cool, but I don’t have enough information and don’t know enough about Cotsu to make an informed decision. Best of luck to you though, Cotsu! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do as an admin! :)
EpicBoss99 (talk) 13:30, 1 June 2018 (MDT)
- Cotsu seems very nice and I’ve seen the name but I’m not too familiar with Cotsu’s work. I looked through some contributions briefly and I think it’s best I leave the voting to others that have followed Cotsu’s work more closely. Cheers! BigShotFancyMan (talk) 09:03, 2 June 2018 (MDT)
- I recall a number of instances where I've worked with Cotsu on a few things and she's been pleasant and a good partner to work with. However, since the issue here is a lack of familiarity and looking through contribs the normal way is a pain here is a dpl table of her stuff. --ConcealedLight (talk) 23:40, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
|The DPL extension (version 2.3.0) produced a SQL statement which lead to a Database error.|
The reason may be an internal error of DPL or an error which you made,
Error message is:
- A DPL? Really? Link to her contributions would've been fine. This list is pretty unfair and unrepresentative of actual contributions. --SgtLion (talk) 15:10, 7 June 2018 (MDT)
- Here's a proper link. A dpl equates a five second typo fix and a thoughtful rewrite that took several hours, so its usage here would bother me. - Guy (talk) 15:40, 7 June 2018 (MDT)