D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Geodude671 (4)
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
(7/0/1) 100% Approval; Ended 19:31, 2018 May 26 (BST)
A few months ago, I nominated Geodude671 for adminship again because I felt that his actions went against the spirit and policy of D&D Wiki. Though I did so with a heavy heart, I have stood by that stance ever since. Rather than going back over the issues I had, I will simply say that I think he's moved past that. I think that the experience showed him what he needed to work on, and in the time since I believe he has learned from other admins, including recent addition ConcealedLight, on what the proper protocols are. To my knowledge, he has displayed no recent behavioral issues or demonstrated lack of communication with other editors. With these no longer being issues, I personally see no reason why Geodude671 should not be an admin again.
To save the candidate time, and to assist others in making an informed decision, I will link to his previous 3 nominations: Requests for Adminship/Geodude671, Requests for Adminship/Geodude671 (2), Requests for Adminship/Geodude671 (3)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- Per above. --GamerAim (talk) 12:31, 19 May 2018 (MDT)
- Sure. He helps out users and pages very consistently, and although he's made mistakes I think he's learned from them. His very first RfA—the last one in which I voted—failed simply because he was so new to the wiki, but he's been consistently active on this wiki for over a year now. Perhaps most importantly, I've seen him handle problematic contributions/contributors in a swift but professional manner—and as long as he keeps a cool head, I believe sysop priveledges would aid him in doing so even better than he already does. - Guy (talk) 12:51, 19 May 2018 (MDT)
- Well I must say I was in support of Geodude671 and am certainly still in support now. I feel that Geodude has shown an ability to take both negative and positive feedback and makes changes based on said feedback: A vital skill for an administrator in my humble opinion. Geodude also seems to play nice with everyone now and has certainly not displayed any concerning behavior as far as I can tell. --Cotsu Malcior (talk) 12:54, 19 May 2018 (MDT)
- Same thoughts as those above. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:48, 19 May 2018 (MDT)
- As per before and as per above. --ConcealedLight (talk) 08:31, 20 May 2018 (MDT)
- I've always considered Geodude a cool, responsible dude. I supported him the first time around, and never supported removing his adminship. (Varkarrus (talk) 08:37, 20 May 2018 (MDT))
- Lol I didn't have any problems with him being admin last time so i'm totally cool with letting him have it again. :) -EpicBoss99 (talk) 13:49, 20 May 2018 (MDT)
- I like Geodude671 as ever, but I fear at this juncture, we are not ready to avoid encountering issues again. However, evidentially unfounded doubts are hardly reason to oppose. I'll excuse myself and trust the community to make the right decision, and to take any further action as needed. I hope Geodude671, if nominated, performs admirably - Best luck. --SgtLion (talk) 15:22, 19 May 2018 (MDT)