Wiki Gaming:Lacundus Drakulum/War Room
From D&D Wiki
|Salasay Δ||Example for using collapsing tables for discussion. We put three tildes in column one, which pastes in our signature, and our comment in column 2.|
|Salasay Δ||This way, we can have multiple high volume conversations, like a tactical discussion concerning a specific encounter, without cluttering the page too much. General chatter can still be done outside of the Tables, though.|
To Comment in a collapsible table, paste the below at the bottom of the table in which you wish to post, above the "|}" at the end. Replace the <text> tag with your comment.
| ~~~ || <text>
Kydo has mentioned the fact that they reinforced the Eastern Wall three times now. Either there's a conspiracy with the construction, or something is going to come from the east soon and Ixxy knows it. My money is on the second, and the something is going to be Fire's Hand. --Salasay Δ 22:30, 25 January 2017 (MST)
- Make that 4, if we count reinforcing the docks. Definitely an attack coming. --Salasay Δ 16:38, 26 January 2017 (MST)
Getting the Band Together
Ra-elope just attempted to start a militia, and I hope this plot hook will invite players like Xander Ajason into the campaign together. This just seemed like the best choice to take, and also for the eventual party. --Green Dragon (talk) 15:04, 24 January 2017 (MST)
- I figured that's what you were doing. Xander's going to end up in either a tavern or jail for attempted bribery. If it's the second, I can attempt to talk Ra-elope into joining my personal quest.--Salasay Δ 00:14, 25 January 2017 (MST)
- BTW, do you know of any wiki-code that creates a collapsible section? --Salasay Δ 19:54, 24 January 2017 (MST)
- I was thinking that it would be great to collapse the comments too, and split them up into sections. I don't know how unless we make them into tables, though. Maybe Kydo wants to split up the progression somehow, and then we can split the page to be more navigable. --Green Dragon (talk) 07:03, 25 January 2017 (MST)
So to clarify with your proposal, we use the prospecting expedition as an excuse to borrow a carriage, which we ensure is the one with the sack under it. The three of us and Olek go prospecting, during which you examine the book, find evidence about the conspiracy, and then we convince Girty and Olek to join us for the remainder of the story arc. --Salasay Δ 14:32, 27 January 2017 (MST)
- For what it's worth, fighting a giant army against the odds sounds like something a squire with romanticized notions of knighthood might be easily roped into. I plan to meet up on the road to the prospecting site so as to not delay your expedition. And you still need someone with survival, right? :P--GamerAim (talk) 09:08, 29 January 2017 (MST)
Would Ra-Elope be recognizable to many people in Melnir, or does he wear an executioner's hood at public executions? I don't think Girty would recognize him, as she is not interested in attending executions, but I'm wondering if he has some notoriety that would means she recognizes him in the bar? Marasmusine (talk) 11:01, 26 January 2017 (MST)
- Not really. It depends if Girty is someone who has some standing in the community or not. See Executioner (5e Background)#Feature: Scharfrichter's Stare. --Green Dragon (talk) 11:26, 26 January 2017 (MST)
Okay, that went 0-100 real, quick. It seems, by my reading of the past posts, that Ra-elope hasn't gotten a chance to pay for his share of the equipment (or at least the tent), so if you'd like Girty and I could probably "happen" to be on our way there to "collect your share." --Salasay Δ 20:47, 31 January 2017 (MST)
- I'm a little lost, is Ra-elope coming with us, and we are waiting for this prison thing to resolve before we go?
- If so, Girty might (ineffectualy ) try topressure the others into leaving straight away. Marasmusine (talk) 02:53, 1 February 2017 (MST)
- Prior to the rolling of initiative, I think the plan was for the three of us to ship out first thing in the morning. Now, that may change depending on the outcome of this fight. It may kill him, injure him too much to join us, or push the departure time up to "Immediately" --Salasay Δ 07:19, 1 February 2017 (MST)
- Yes, if the party would happen to come and get my share of the payment that would be great. This would work well, since there is no way I have a chance without someone to help me escape when the battle turns downhill. Someone just make a formal comment that this is going on. I find that getting supplies and spending my time reading the ledger, the maps and eating lunch will happenstance everyone to be there together. --Green Dragon (talk) 09:23, 1 February 2017 (MST)
- BTW, you forgot about Massive Damage on Wyrm Soldier 1.
- I think you misread DMA-34, though Kydo also posted a clarifying section to the end as well that you may have missed. They're specifically trying not to kill Ra-elope. We'll see how Kydo/The NPC's respond, but Xander would try to keep the Wyrm Soldiers on our side while he has a shot, since that goes along with his motives for all this. --Salasay Δ 17:29, 1 February 2017 (MST)
Does any information about ra-elope's map filter to Girty, or is it a secret from her? (I'm wondering if there's a correlation with the site we are travelling to) Marasmusine (talk) 10:09, 4 February 2017 (MST)
- I should have made that more explicit. When I stated
|“||Wow, these maps show us where the artifacts are located which created the Spellbomb and thus the entire Rift? That would make a lot of sense why Overseer Othvurgix knew it was so important to keep that cart hidden. I wonder if it is also why a rougue assassin got into the prison and coup d'état their heads off.||”|
- I assumed that the entire party was around us listening, with translating help from Ulysses. So, yes, at this point Ra-elope has shared everything he knows about the dwarven side (from the Wayfaring Stranger), the smuggler, the maps, and the book to everyone. --Green Dragon (talk) 10:15, 4 February 2017 (MST)
- Everyone overheard the significance of the map, but I think Ra-elope is the only one so far who has seen it yet. After re-reading some, it seems possible that our destination is one of the points on the map, since none of the characters have yet to have seen both Olek and Ra-elope's map, and I'd be willing to bet that Kydo is aiming for that reveal. --Salasay Δ 10:19, 4 February 2017 (MST)
I can either build up Girty's suspicions about the rest of the group (for drama), or we can have some trust-building exercise/encounters/conversation if you think it would better for us to all be on the same page. Marasmusine (talk) 03:20, 5 February 2017 (MST)
- I'm thinking massive distrust and tension for the first leg of the journey, since pretty much everyone has some sort of ulterior motive here. Maybe after the first fight, we discover her magic (which clearly upsets Girty) so Xander tells everyone some of his backstory for group bonding. Fire forged friends? --Salasay ♄ 07:37, 5 February 2017 (MST)
Ok, First ever fight in my first ever DnD game .. Noob questions incoming, please bare with me. thanks
I've tried reading up on the PHB and stuff, but this is obviously a little different. This is kinda the reason I leaned towards this fight to figure out the dos and donts.
Now I understand, I need to roll a 1d20 to see if I will hit the guy or miss him based of Armor Class. Tribal Warrior being AC12. But he is shirtless, so I don't know if that still counts. Also, my AC would change as I'm sure I will not be allowed to wear my chain mail shirt. so I guy I'll drop to 12.
According to the Wiki, medium types being me as a human will be using a 1d3 to attack so if that's the case would my attack plus my mods are 1d3+3? Last Question. Can I make a check, for instance, to see where the Striker is leaving himself open before I attack? (kinda like the RDJ Sherlock fight) how do i go about doing that. All help will be appreciated. And also don't want to hold up the game with this fight or any other fights going forward thanks
All characters are proficient with unarmed strikes, which have a bonus to hit equal to your Strength modifier + your proficiency bonus and deal 1 + your Strength modifier bludgeoning damage by default (some classes and races alter this, but you're a human fighter so it doesn't apply). While wearing no armour and wielding no shield, your AC is equal to 10 + your Dexterity modifier (again, some races and classes alter this, but not human or fighter).
You are correct that combat relies chiefly on d20 rolls. Hence, you would roll 1d20 + 5 and deal 4 bludgeoning damage on a successful hit. On a critical hit (natural 20 for you), you double the damage dice of the attack, but since the unarmed strike deals 1 damage, you would deal 5 bludgeoning damage, however, Kydo might rule otherwise.
As for finding weak points in your opponent's defence, you could use your action to make a feint, granting you advantage on your next attack roll. I suppose that fits? Technically, this would be using the Help action, but to help yourself, so I would probably clear that up with Kydo first, as the rules don't specifically state that you can or can't do this, as technically, you are a friendly creature to yourself. Otherwise, might I recommend checking out 5e SRD:Combat? SirSprinkles (talk) 00:34, 8 February 2017 (MST)