From D&D Wiki
Background: Soldier (Infantry)
Hair: Black with a tinge of scarlet. Kept in dreadlocks, oddly.
Eyes: Amber, with a small red streak in the right eye.
Skin: Naturally alabaster, but has darkened to a nuttier color in time abroad.
Xander carries himself very unusually for an elf. His grace is unmistakable, his motions fluid, but his mannerisms are far more human-like than elf-like. Years in the army have given Xander a very clipped, to the point disposition, with a tendency to dispense with pleasantries and deal with things as efficiently as possible, relying on respect of his expertise and authority to ensure that he is listened to. This worked okay in the military, but in the years since has weighed him down considerably. He is also an intimidating figure, standing rather tall and possessing a powerful voice, a booming bourbon soaked baritone (also surprising for an elf).
Xander's habitual dress is a simple cotton tunic and trousers, dyed a dark, dirty shade of grey. To the average person it looks exceedingly plain, but a keen observer will note that it is cut identically to the classic military uniform, albeit made from more rugged materials. Over his universally military garb, he wears a heavy hooded-cloak of oiled wool, with an otter fur shoulder cape built in. When he expects combat, he exchanges his cloak for simple leather armor with a wolf pelt trim hung about the shoulders.
- Xander Ajason was raised by a family that worshiped Tyr, god of War. He never engaged with that particular deity, however, and later came to prefer Nuada after his traveling of the world.
- Can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
- Has lost too many friends, and is slow to make new ones.
- Ideals aren’t worth killing over or going to war for.
- Will never forget the crushing defeat his company suffered, or the enemies who dealt it.
- Would rather eat his armor than admit when he's wrong.
Xander Ajason was born to General Ajax Telson and an elvish sorcerer, who used magic to force him to cheat on his wife Brienna Roz. The married pair were nevertheless the ones who raised him, named him, and taught him everything. As such, he tends to act very much like a full human. When he reached the age of maturity by human standards, he enlisted in the military. His father was a former front-line fighter himself who had risen through the ranks on skill and charm. He was a legend, revered by the enlisted, and his adoptive son was exspected to do just as well.
Xander turned out to lack the raw strength required to effectively contribute on the front-lines, though he was one of the toughest soldiers in the unit when it came to endurance. With his fathers influence he was promoted quickly off the front-lines to a junior officer. Paired with a tactical genius as his second in command, named Bjorn Eriksson, Xander grew into a beloved leader, inspiring his troops to greatness and demanding the best out of the. The two became an inseparable and fearsome team, Xander providing the face and Bjorn the brains. They rose through the ranks swiftly over the course of many years, until Ajax unexpectedly died in his sleep. Without help from the General, the advancement of their careers slowed considerably, as Xander refused to leave Bjorn behind, and his grating personality and lack of diplomatic skill had alienated many of the superior officers. The two continued to command their troops to great success, but they were not promoted further.
Their success dried up, however, when war broke out with a powerful, nomadic tribe known as Fire's Hand. Xander's unit, highly elite and experienced as it was, suffered loss after loss, dwindling in size. Their fate turned tragic on Midwinter, when the remainder of the unit was obliterated during a last ditch effort to halt the invasion. Bjorn was captured, burnt alive, and eaten, while Xander took a spear to the gut and barely escaped alive, fleeing into the woods with the broken off head still lodged in the wound.
For close to a century, Xander practically disappeared, living in the wilderness, wandering. He made his way into the Rift unintentionally and mildly amnesic (he can't remember most of his exile), following a scouting party of Fire's Hand. He slew them, but learned that the Hand was planning an invasion of the Rift very soon. Determined to make up for his prior failure, Xander rejoined civilization, and is attempting to warn and gather the population for war...
XP: 300 \ 150
Proficiency Bonus: +2
- Crawling: 15ft
- Climbing: 15ft
- Swimming: 15ft
- Flying: 9.8 m/s, but only strait down
- High Jump: 11
- From Standing: 5.5
- Reach Bonus: 9'8"
- Long Jump: 8ft.
- From Standing: 4ft.
Push, Drag, & Lift: 240
Suffocation: 3 minutes without air
Starvation: 5 days without food
Massive Damage Threshold: 6
All simple and martial
All armor, shields
- Vehicles (land)
- Playing cards
Common, Elvish, Sylvan
Payload: 56 lbs
Heavily Encumbered: 80
Encumbrance Limit: 120
- Leather armor (10 lbs)
- Longbow (2 lbs)
- Quiver of 20 arrows (2 lbs)
- Rapier (2 lbs)
- Shield (6 lbs)
- Severed spearhead, worked and adapted into uniquely designed dagger (1 lbs)
- Rank Insignia (~0 lbs)
- Backpack, contents 19-30 lbs (5-35 lbs)
- Waterskin (1-5 lbs)
- Pouch containing 23gp, 5sp, 5cp (1 lbs)
- Bedroll (7 lbs)
- Mess kit (1 lbs)
- Tinderbox (1 lbs)
- 50 feet of hempen rope (10 lbs)
- Deck of cards (~0 lbs)
- Common clothes (3 lbs) or Leather armor (above)
- 2 Two-man tents
- 1 Tarpaulin
- 15 rations (of 60 for the group)
Traits & Features
- Ability Adjustment: CHA +2 DEX+1 CON+1
- Age: 100-200
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Size: ~5-65ft, slender, Medium
- Speed: 30ft
- Skills: Perception, Deception
- Tools: NA
- Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan
- Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light.
- Fey Ancestry. Has an advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put elves to sleep.
- HD: 1d10
- Armor: All armor, shields
- Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
- Tools: None
- Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
- Skills: Acrobatics, Persuasion
- Equipment: Leather armor, longbow, 20 arrows, rapier, shield, light crossbow, 20 bolts, and explorer’s pack.
- Languages: None
- Dueling: When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, gains a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
- Second Wind: Once per Short rest, can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + fighter level.
- Skills: Athletics, Intimidation
- Tools: One type of gaming set, vehicles (land)
- Languages: None
- Equipment: An insignia of rank, a trophy taken from a fallen enemy (a dagger, broken blade, or piece of a banner), a set of bone dice or deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
- Feature: Military Rank: Has a military rank from career as a soldier. Can pull rank as necessary.
Total Downtime Awarded: