Talk:Perfect Striker (5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
You could make a feat that says nothing but, "Screw 5e, my ranged attacks are better now." I don't see much difference.
It's extra broken considering as written this applies to spells.
I don't know why any experienced contributor would believe this is worth keeping. - Guy 13:39, 6 May 2020 (MDT)
- It's the same as +2 ASI. Which helps spells, melee, or range depending on the ability score and class. Not broken, just redundant, unoriginal, and boring. I saw GD remove the tag, which was done properly. Ya know, template stating issue, template addressed, remove template. I don't think that stops someone from placing another valid template if they wish? Any inexperienced contributor can that. Red Leg Leo (talk) 09:30, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
- It technically wouldn't stop one, sure, but a user putting up a template right after an admin removes one—or vice versa—often does not go over well.
- How is this "the same" as an ASI? If one is primarily concerned with spell attacks, +2/+1 is more than twice as good as a +1/+0.
- Heck, it technically even gives +1 to "damage rolls," so even magic missile and a dragonborn's breath attack get buffed.
- In any case it's a pretty huge increase if the character is already sitting at 20, letting them push bounded accuracy as easily as rare magic items (and stacking with those items, even).
- Even if it was perfectly balanced, you're right that it's boring and an incredibly bland feat. I don't see why it was preserved. One of the listed issues was "it's not unique," and that still hasn't been addressed. - Guy 18:57, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
Good work. The feat's about as nice as any "I'm better at attacking now" feat could ever be. - Guy 19:29, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
- Yep, I just went with something that has the same feel as "I'm better at attacking now", without breaking bounded accuracy or being bland.--Blobby383b (talk) 19:31, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
- Wow nice. I think that definitely makes you consider this vs ASI. Very situational benefit (+10% hit chance) accompanied by CD perk. Obviously a perfect striker would be broken, but this certainly helps encompass that idea, or as Guy says, "I'm better at attacking now". Red Leg Leo (talk) 19:42, 8 May 2020 (MDT)
Qaulity Article Nomination
I believe this feat to be a great additional option for characters who wade into melee combat. It is simple, thematic, but quite effective when used in the right hands. I also believe this feat fills a good niche not covered by existing feats. Because of these reasons, I believe this feat has the potential to become a quality article.--Blobby383b (talk) 14:18, 5 November 2021 (MDT)
- Support. Very nice bite-sized feat that does exactly what you want it to do without offering too much.--Malachai (talk) 21:48, 13 August 2022 (MDT)
- Oppose. As it stands, I don't think this feat is useful. The average result of "1d20, reroll 1 or 2 and keep the result" is 11.4, an increase of 0.9, which is worse than just taking the +2 Dex or Str and it doesn't give you any of the other benefits of increasing those abilities. I don't think the option to trade a bonus action for advantage once per short-rest is comes close to making up for that opportunity cost. —Salasay ♄ 09:36, 24 May 2023 (MDT)