Talk:Alucard (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
this class is overloaded with powerful features and very vague and frankly needs a new name the features are clearly ripped from castlevania star character Alucard the son of Dracula i would know because well im alucard but anyway this class could use more flavor than just using alucards powers i read through some of it and read the part where it said Eldritch Hunter that is a good class name and could be made a sworn enemy to warlocks and the like. --Alucarddragonborn (talk) 08:06, 23 April 2018 (MDT)
- If you think you can do better post here and let's see.
- Also I named it Alucard because it a tribute to the Character Alucard.
- Oh you made vampire cool class. I made a bunch of different classes on here, Alucard is the only one based off a game character. In truth Alucard class is not suppose to be a vampire just based off his abilities. Is your whole issue is it's name?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rosewater (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts.
While the title of this topic is quite aggressive, I still find it mildly appropriate to bring up my issue here. I've placed 3 stubs 2x now and you have removed them without addressing (discussing it on the talk page or fixing the issue) the issues. Alucard made a good point there are some really strong features. I will second that, as I did with my "needsbalance" stub. As mentioned on your talk page, feel free to place your work on a userspace where others won't try to balance the work or offer opinions on what to "fix". I hate taking this stance, I'd much rather work together and corroborate on this so its easy to find for other people. Please, look at the stubs again and consider if they are correct. You can always "needsadmin" if you think we need help on the matter. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 09:25, 1 May 2018 (MDT)
I suck at grammar and and spelling dyslexic so that's not an issue. I don't think fluff is needed for this. What is fluff going to add? Movement while fast is not that big of an issue.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rosewater (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts.
- Extra attack's wording should follow the barbarian's or any class that has the Extra Attack feature. Just giving a class extra actions allows you to use multiple class features, actions in combat, race traits, items, feat effects, ect. on a single turn, which isn't ok.--Blobby383b (talk) 14:01, 2 May 2018 (MDT)
I based the Extra Attacks off the warrior class and before I just changed it I copy and pasted it. Now they wanted more fluff so I added fluff and I added a note saying the DM should choose to allow spell caste with it so now it's the DMs choice.
-wow so someone has gutted this class and completely destroyed it. Is there anyone who has the old version before it was gutted?
What do you mean?
- I know I’m kind’ve late to the conversation, but Alucard is pretty overpowered if you’ve watched the Anime on Netflix. He can transform into a wolf, his sword is basically Yando’s arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy, he can teleport, is comically overpowered, and that was just in 12 episodes. PickleJarPete (Talk) 8:39 Wednesday January 23 (CST)
Still not ready for playing
This class is soooo incomplete let's review shall we. Core problems while not strong it gains a lot of features the class should not be a max spell level of 9 and you should not gain features when you gain a new spell slot or ASI
1st level,the speed should be nerfed make it similar to the monks.
2nd level no features why??
3rd level archetype where
5th level steel your mind what is an eldtrich monster I know what it is but new players won't needs to be reworded.
6th level the wolf needs rewording and Extra action is not a thing action surge is
7th level needs rewording
8th level can't have feature on ASI
9th level its fine
10th level you just now get bat form druid gets to do it earlier I think.
11th level needs rewording
12th level I'm not sure if you should be able to cast spells more than once as a feature it sounds cool but can you imagine the amount of fireballs their would be.
13th level simple reword
14th level it could use some love
18th level not bad.
Well that's all PS it still needs a new name Eldtrich Slayer is always nice. Message me for any question you may have I also left out the spelling problem because you said you need help for that I'll see what I can do. Alucarddragonborn (talk) 23:10, 15 October 2018 (MDT)
This archetype seems redundant. Two of the features gained under this subclass are both already gained by the base class- increased movement speed and advantage* in stealth. Catgirlwannabe (talk) 16:00, 22 October 2018 (MDT)