D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Yanied (2)
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
(4/0/0) 100% Approval; Ended 12:00, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Since Yanied's previous RfA, I feel he has made great strides in making himself more known in the community. Now that I know Yanied a bit better, I now feel that the admin tools would suit him well. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 09:23, 8 October 2019 (MDT)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: I mainly will continue to help getting races and classes out of the maintenance template sections by adding fluff, traits, features, balance, etc. With the tools of an admin, I'd say protecting pages from IP edits will be the biggest task I anticipate, as those edits are being made daily onto pages that were already supposed to be completed. They usually knock off the balance. The other thing that comes to mind is that I've taken to welcoming more users but I sometimes come across names that are outright suspicious. Granted, I'm not so insightful as others (and I usually welcome them anyway) but I guess curtailing bots and spammers is also something I'd do as an admin.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Of my own work, I am happy with the Magic Law Practitioner (5e Class) that I adapted from a series I very much enjoyed. However, I find that work I did on abandoned pages, polishing them and whatnot, has also become very enjoyable, and I find some of them to be rather noteworthy, like the Apocalypto (5e Class), Living Weapon (5e Class), and Aarongar (5e Race).
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: The first class I ever made on the wiki was edited beyond my power due to balance reasons. I was indeed very distraught over that. However, as I understood how DnD works over time on this wiki, I in turn have become that person teaching others over a page's balance and lore. I feel that, by growing in knowledge about DnD, I moved on from that first class. I understand, however, that despite this being a wiki, people do feel their work is very personal sometimes, and should not be edited wantonly if it is still a fresh matter. So I will be consulting them on the talk pages a lot more.
- Blocking IP edits need discretion and I would hope, knock knock, pages' protection aren't changed after a singular IP edit. It has been explained IP edits do a number of the fixing ups around the site.
- What don't you like about the "conventional" bullets? \o/ 12:26, 8 October 2019 (MDT)
- Oh, in regards to that race, I was talking to WebSurfer about how the traits looked odd because of the wide spacing. He explained he had left it that way because he could not figure out a way to enumerate them each individually without breaking the alignment. I gave it a crack with the usual asterisk, but it automatically resets the line to the next one. So I took a page from someone else's playbook and used these small little ones that don't seem to make the same indent. I don't have any beef with them (^ ^;) I'm just not very good at coding at all.
- And yeah, ehe, the IP edits thing... usually I just undo the edits. The only cases I can foresee needing an IP block is pages that are popular to make OP, like the Kri (5e Race)--Yanied (talk) 12:49, 8 October 2019 (MDT)
- Yanied has a good attitude and a distinguished record of making high-quality edits and helpful contributions to our wiki. I have full faith and confidence in his ability to serve excellently as an admin. Based Quincy (talk) 14:48, 8 October 2019 (MDT)
- I wanted to renominate Yanied myself, so I'll express my support again. --Green Dragon (talk) 23:21, 13 October 2019 (MDT)