D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Coaldstone
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
(5/0/0) 100% Approval; Ended 12:00, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
Coaldstone does a very good job helping to maintain the wiki, such as fixing formatting problems and making sure that pages have the correct title format. He has been awarded two barnstars and one wikicookie and has a very positive reputation throughout the active userbase, with no behavioral problems as far as I'm aware. Based on this, I feel that the admin tools would suit him well, and would greatly assist him in his maintenance work. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 13:10, 23 August 2019 (MDT)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: The task that I would help the most with, would be anti-vandalism. I have done that to some extent, and have even done one or two "large" undos, but found it inconvenient. Having the "revert to" ability, would make it more likely that I would step in during times like that. Another duty that I would be likely to do, is edit protected pages that have errors I could fix. I have already contacted Green Dragon a couple of times when situations like this have occurred. Given that many of the changes I make are formatting based, I could leave the content alone, while also bringing these pages to be inline with the sites' standards. Other than that I have read through most of the wikipedia pages that were linked, and wholeheartedly agree with the standards that were laid out in those documents. For the other duties that were detailed in them, I would be sure to reach out to other admins as a second opinion before making any actions I felt uncomfortable with.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Off the top of my head, Lands of Blamakar comes to mind. The page began heaped with dozens of gods that needed to be moved to their own pages. I moved a handful of them, but got burned out. Eventually I returned, and with a new vigor, I managed to split the rest into their own pages. Although I took a longer break than would be ideal, I saw it through. The edits were very large, and time consuming, but it was completed. There are a couple of other pages where I have made similar, extremely large edits, but I would have to dig for them. A recent series of edits that was a little bit different involved Adrea. There were a lot of pages made that had the improper titles, and I fixed the pages, and all the links to them. It was a lot of work, but I made made sure to fix everything, and hopefully helped that user realize their mistake without drawing attention to it.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I don't believe that I have been in any big conflicts, just minor disagreements, or editing choices that I disagree with because they didn't follow the preload, which is what I primarily focus on. In these scenarios I have fixed what I saw as wrong, and leave my reasoning in the summary. If if goes beyond that, I leave more in depth reasoning on the talk page so that a discussion could naturally unfold. If one such discussion is needed in a scenario like this, it can be prevented from occurring in the editing of the page itself. I believe this is a solid policy and would continue to use it, unless otherwise directed.
- Coaldstone has shown a constant wiliness to improve their knowledge on many of the smaller nuances on the wiki, all the while making a slew of edits that improve upon many pages formatting, grammar, ect. In addition, Coaldstone has an excellent reputation with a variety of users. Due to these factors, I believe they are an excellent candidate for becoming an admin.--Blobby383b (talk) 13:48, 25 August 2019 (MDT)
- Yeah I'm totally in favor of this! I've seen some of the maintenance things Coaldstone has done here and there and it seems like he'd be a great admin. The only thing is that because of my time away from the website, I haven't gotten to know him as a user. But I'll still root for you anyway, Coaldstone! :D --EpicBoss99 (talk) 14:17, 27 August 2019 (MDT)
- Coaldstone has consistently and diligently made many useful contributions to this site, and from the way he answered the RfA questions above I sense that he has a good attitude. I see him serving excellently as an admin. Based Quincy (talk) 14:30, 27 August 2019 (MDT)
- Coaldstone is adept with maintenance tasks, and giving him the proper tools for the tasks is appropriate. I also find the answers to the RfA questions above spot on, and I look forward to welcoming him into an administrative position. --Green Dragon (talk) 23:25, 27 August 2019 (MDT)