From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello MetalShadowOverlord, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be asked here. If you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help:Portal also provides detailed explanation of information important specifically to this community.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, a number of policies are in effect. Most importantly, we follow and expect you to follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. As most work has multiple authors, please do not delete content without following our removal process. When posting a comment on a talk page, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --SirSprinkles (talk) 20:32, 26 July 2017 (MDT)
Pokemon Race Quality
Hi, I've noticed you've been making a number of Pokemon based races on the wiki. While that is fine and all the majority of them are of questionable balance. From one user to another I'd recommend using something like a meter to hone your ability to balance races as creating multiple pages of unbalanced content may be considered spamming. I myself use the Musicus Meter (5e Guideline) and if you haven't read the 5e Race Design Guide or the Help:When to Italicize and Capitalize I'd recommend giving it a read to further improve the quality of your contributions. See ya. --ConcealedLight (talk) 08:31, 26 February 2018 (MST)
- Thank you very much for the comment. Funny thing about you saying that creating all these races might be considered spam is the fact that I decided to take a hiatus from this site to avoid that very possibility, since I realized was uploading races at quite a fast rate and figured it might not be looked too favorably upon (which is also why I'm replying to you rather late). That said, I think one major reason my races are unbalanced is because I tried way too hard to incorporate the pokemon aspects (Bisharp's ludicrously broken "Pressure" ability being a prime example) into the game while not thinking of how it might affect certain things, especially in the case of me trying to insert unique abilities and whatnot (Like Gardevoir's subraces and abilities that were determined based on one's alignment). Anyway, I'll read over those guides and give that Musicus Meter a try.
- I suppose what I'll do after I put each race I've done through the Musicus Meter is not just post the score itself but also an explanation as to why I made the design choices I did. I figure it'd give you a bit of insight into just what I was thinking when coming up with them. Thanks again! MetalShadowOverlord (talk) 23:59, 13 March 2018 (MDT)
Just a note, according to the conventions used by the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon's names are always capitalized, and the plural form of a Pokémon's name is the same as the singular, as with "moose" and "sheep" (see here). — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 15:13, 27 September 2020 (MDT)
- Yeah I don't know why I keep messing that up. Thanks for reminding me. --MetalShadowOverlord (talk) 15:21, 27 September 2020 (MDT)
- Thank you. I couldn't have done a good a job as I did without your assistance. As for what I plan to do with future races, while I don't plan on doing ALL 800+ pokemon, I mostly plan on making races of pokemon that I feel would not only work as a race but also be fun to play as, and even ones that bring something new to the table. Although this will mostly include bipedal/humanoid pokemon, I have on occasion thought about how I could make a non-humanoid pokemon work. I mean, let's face it, making a race based on, say, a Caterpie would be rather difficult. XD
- Although I'm not sure how to do this just yet, when I get some practice creating monsters I'll definitely try to do every pokemon (or as many as I can). Creating a stat sheet for fighting a hostile Caterpie would be far easier than creating a workable race out of it.
- Currently on the agenda, I plan on making pages for Jynx, Sableye, Incineroar (funny enough I did these during that hiatus I mentioned before) and even some legendary pokemon and Ultra Beasts. Don't worry, I've been trying to not make them ludicrously broken like Tsareena and Bisharp were. Anyhow, thanks again for all the help! I look forward to seeing your input on whatever else I bring to the wiki. --MetalShadowOverlord (talk) 03:03, 8 May 2018 (MDT)
Yo, MetalShadowOverlord, I also wanted to say good work on your Pokemon pages! I've just been surfing the wiki and I happened to come across a bunch of your Pokemon races, so I just wanted to show my appreciation for them. I'm really looking forward to those other pages you plan on making in the future! :) --EpicBoss99 (talk) 13:13, 25 May 2018 (MDT)
- Thank you for your kind words, Epic. I will do my best. :) --MetalShadowOverlord (talk) 01:56, 26 May 2018 (MDT)
If you are going to place a feat on your page as your contribution, I think it would be good to credit the original creator since there is no difference between what you contributed and their creation. ~ BigShotFancyMan 06:28, 2 July 2019 (MDT)
Hey, I've seen a few of your things and I noticed that your Gallade and Gardevoir are missing Mega Evolution stats and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind putting those in. I have a form of Mega Evolution that I really like that I think you should take a look at if you want that I applied to my Blastoise race. --Flamestarter (talk) 18:34, 25 January 2020 (MST)
- I've had mega evolution in mind for ages but was never sure how to implement it. I might actually give it a try at some time soon. --MetalShadowOverlord (talk) 12:54, 26 January 2020 (MST)
Can you make a Skuntank race for fifth edition?
I see a lot of Pokémon races for Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition and it seems you made a large portion of them. Can I suggest that you make a Skuntank race as well? It is my favorite Pokémon and I would be interested in seeing one appear on the wiki. Tag365 (talk) 17:53, 28 August 2020 (MDT)
Hello. I recently made a new variant rule that I think would be useful for someone making a pokemon race that takes 1/4x damage or 4x damage in the pokemon games. TeslaFistforge (talk) 13:34, 24 September 2020 (MDT)