User talk:Lord Dhazriel
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Welcome to D&D Wiki!
- 2 Recent Race Additions
- 3 User Page
- 4 Thrash Messages about sex
- 5 My Best Articles so Far
- 6 Best article
- 7 Helping
- 8 Economy
- 9 Not here for a Time
- 10 Anti-Vandal Barnstar
- 11 Online D&D Group
- 12 Come to tavern
- 13 LoD Feats allowed
- 14 Adminship
- 15 Thank You Very Much
- 16 New EN Character
- 17 Half dragon
- 18 Temporary Replacement Chat
- 19 Thanks for watching out for malicious editors
- 20 Barnstar
- 21 sadness flaw
- 22 AdminBadge
- 23 How?
- 24 Liberty Prime is online
- 25 Questions for the Admins
- 26 Dark-Light Vindicator
- 27 Protect
- 28 Half Dragon Variant Problems
- 29 Finished Core Class
- 30 Lord Dhaziel
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Lord Dhazriel and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, what our purpose here on earth is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidlines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date (by the way, it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when people don't sign posts... arrg...). Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 17:23, 24 February 2008 (MST)
Recent Race Additions
Currently none of the races you added show up on any of the racial LA pages. You should consider adding Template:x0 to them (copy from a different race). Also, while you are at it, you should update the "Back to" footer to use "&rarr" (→) with spaces between the → and the link. Thanks. --Green Dragon 21:32, 5 March 2008 (MST)
Was putting QI instead of IQ next to Int intentional? And what is Sag (on your stats)? Is that a typo, or another name for Wis, or am I missing something?--Ramses IV 10:31, 16 March 2008 (MDT)
- Oops! I'm french so Wisdom in french is Sagess and IQ is QI, I usually play D&D in french so sometime I make mistake. I'm going to change that now. Thank you Ramses IV.--Lord Dhazriel 10:41, 16 March 2008 (MDT)
- Okay, I see now. You're welcome. I'm happy to help.--Ramses IV 10:44, 16 March 2008 (MDT)
Thrash Messages about sex
Yesterday i receive a thrash message from some offended fool, it was about how i treated sexuality in my articles. Is there really a problem how i treated sexuality, "All the women in yours article seem beautiful and sexy you really are perverted" an offended fool. When i write about "Romantic and Sexual Behaviour" i do not describe each race favoured sex position but how they handled sexuality. If i decide to put the priestess of a beauty deity naked it my right (greek did that and we don't sent them such message). I know no one in the community wrote this message but i want to know if i really exaggerated.
See those article:
- my elves were reproached for having no aversion against nudity.
- i was reproached from specifying the size of the breast of the malak (telling it was smaller than human one).
- Naked Priestess I was lucky he didn't see this one
Only want to know your opinion.--Lord Dhazriel 17:26, 19 March 2008 (MDT)
- I do not think you are perverted. The elf refrence seems quite the opposite, actually- you say that "Elves also have an artistic view of nudity and don't take offence nor see it with an lustful eye"- the "nor see it with an lustful eye" tells me that you do not think of nudeity in the way a pervert would. The preistess refrence is very minor- there is worse in WOTC books (see the description of Eilistraee in the forgotten realms), as is the Malak one. --Sam Kay 11:54, 21 March 2008 (MDT)
- Worse, the book of vile darkness talk about necrophilia and many other thing. God, i was lucky that i thought the homosexuality rating was useless, he would haven sent a 10 pages insult letter. For Elistraee, i know she dance nude with a long sword (she didn't understand she need an armor to fight Lolth!). Actually this letter made my work a bit harder, im afraid of polluting my email address with junk like him. On the other side i think im going to continue the way i did, it is problem if he get offended that easily by WORDS.--Lord Dhazriel 12:21, 21 March 2008 (MDT)
- I also do not think it so- though the breast size threw me a loop (I would delete it as uesless information if I were you). However, as Mark Twain put it "Modesty is relative", and this is a good, detailed addition to your world. It is one thing if you are drawing pictures, another ENTIRELY if you just say they are comfortable with nudity. --Palantini 23:41, 18 May 2008 (MDT)
My Best Articles so Far
I would like to know, what is my best articles so far?--Lord Dhazriel 09:15, 12 April 2008 (MDT)
- Link to some Articles:
- Look at this Green Dragon, oh by the way im being harassed by a guy who call himself Bumhead (maybe because i called it Dumphead ;) ) see above.--Lord Dhazriel 17:58, 16 April 2008 (MDT)
- Your being harassed? That's not good... where did this take place? --Green Dragon 00:23, 5 May 2008 (MDT)
- On my email, he sometime sent my insult emails.--Lord Dhazriel 06:15, 5 May 2008 (MDT)
Well I'll have to go through your stuff, but you sure do like to type 'Sent' instead of 'Send', or 'Sending'.....lol, no offence though, I love checking for grammar issues!
- As you must know, im french so not as good in english than you. I try my best ( I am also poor in french too...but for some other reason) Feel free to repair any grammar issue you find! :) --Lord Dhazriel 06:05, 25 April 2008 (MDT).
- By the way which one did you preferred.--Lord Dhazriel 06:13, 25 April 2008 (MDT)
- well I prefer items and classes over other things, so I think my favorite would have to be the lamp, it would be even better if it had a picture in it. --Kisame93 | Ryan B. 09:55, 25 April 2008 (MDT)
- Same-confusing but interesting- I have never understood the d%-could you please explain for me. It is such a crucial part of being DM (which I am lol)--Palantini 23:44, 18 May 2008 (MDT)
I was just correcting and reading through things in my spare time.. I'm more putting off learning how to do NPC's. I just try to help. :) --Sabre070 15:51, 3 May 2008 (MDT)
Thanks for the help... I just would like to know exactly what they are, so I can remember them for future pages lol. Palantini 20:39, 22 May 2008 (MDT)
- Can you please take a look at a new page I made, How Economy Affects Your Campaign (3.5e Other) and post what you think. Palantini 20:39, 22 May 2008 (MDT)
- I updated my page and think some sections are better, others worse. Can you give your opinions please? Thanks again, Palantini 18:57, 24 May 2008 (MDT)
- You're probably ticked at me by now, but I would like you to look at yet ANOTHER page lol. 100 Adventure Ideas (DnD Other)
Not here for a Time
Im going to be ascent for a time, but don't worry I be back soon. Personal matter.--Lord Dhazriel 06:07, 30 May 2008 (MDT)
- Im back.--Lord Dhazriel 09:10, 7 June 2008 (MDT)
- Hope all went well, and welcome back! --Green Dragon 21:35, 7 June 2008 (MDT)
|I give you this Anti-Vandal Barnstar for reverting spam edits on my talk page about 6 minutes after the spammer, IP 22.214.171.124 attacked. Thanks for the good and fast response. --Green Dragon 11:17, 4 May 2008 (MDT)|
Generally users put barnstars on their user pages. This lets users who might look at your page know what you've done. You don't have to, but I thought I'd just tell you.--Ramses IV 17:18, 7 June 2008 (MDT)
Online D&D Group
Assuming that the signup on your user page is open to anyone, what sort of campaign is it? Is it your Ascyria setting? Are there any splatbooks used? --Daniel Draco 22:35, 13 June 2008 (MDT)
- Not it another setting and yes it open for anyone with the guts, it a shattered world campaign, a mix of spellpunk and classical. here is the story a bit:
- 100 years since the races of the mist developed transportation between the shards. The inner ring is growing more prospered and trade relation between the inner race began, even regular transport between the worlds was developed. Even if the outer ring remain a mystery, colonist of the main shard nation were sent to the yet unknown outer world. The flame of wars burned as hunger raised amonst the race of the mist, the Palantium empire, nation of the so-called imperial raised in power quickly and began a large scale conquest campaign. Being the only super-power in mist, few can hope to stop them, they conquered shards by shards a large part of the inner ring, thus pushing other race to the outer ring. These nation found beast to tame, resource to exploit and native to enslave... Since 10 000 years each shards prospered in isolation and peace and now that peace is broken. Pick your side...
- If you want to join, you are free to do so.--Lord Dhazriel 22:54, 13 June 2008 (MDT)
- What classes are aloud? PS. Is there some kind of charachter sheet on D&DWIKI or do we use an external site? (if so which) PPS. Are we using point buy of 4d6 take highest 3 method? PPPS. How will this work? eg. Discussion or Tavern time? --Sabre070 04:17, 14 June 2008 (MDT)
- We use salin , I accept any class or any race but I must see them first and approve them. The system is not yet chosen but all races got -2 LA, so drow would have no LA. It forum and tavern (in the tavern we discuss about the action and metagame and we post our action on the forum). You will find many information on the sign up place on my user page.--Lord Dhazriel 08:55, 14 June 2008 (MDT)
- What ECL are we starting at? --Daniel Draco 13:06, 14 June 2008 (MDT)
- 3 if you have a LA 0 race--Lord Dhazriel 13:15, 14 June 2008 (MDT)
- Hey D can you delete the last sheet I posted in the gestalt page? It's the one without the picture.-Risek 11:09, 6 July 2008 (MDT)
- I can't you should ask Shala, still edit and blank.--Lord Dhazriel 11:16, 6 July 2008 (MDT)
Come to tavern
Nuff said. --Sabre070 06:32, 17 June 2008 (MDT)
LoD Feats allowed
Can FB have the vow of poverty feat? --Sabre070 02:09, 27 June 2008 (MDT)
- It seem a bit strange since I doubt the thing can own anything... But why not all WotC feat are allowed (except Lichloved). As as she play it well it okay.--Lord Dhazriel 10:54, 27 June 2008 (MDT)
- Although I agree, as I hate the feat, why not Lichloved? 14:48, 2 December 2008 (MST)
Welcome to Adminship. You are now, as Dmilewski once put it, part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. Honestly, as you will notice, not much has been changed now that you are an admin. If anything, I would say more burden is placed on you. But first, for the the new features and their uses. You can now delete pages, protect pages, rollback edits, block users and IP's, edit every page, patrol edits, and do a couple more minor things.
- What it is
- What deleting pages is, is self explanatory.
- What protecting pages is, is also pretty self explanatory.
- Rolling back edits is a method for removing spam. It is more powerful than the conventional method of undoing edits. Instead of showing a diff of the edit in question once clicked, it instantly rollsback all the edits by the user or IP in question on a certain page. For example if I edited my user page and you clicked "rollback" on that edit it would rollback all the edits up to the point where someone else has edited it. Be careful using this, it can be very helpful but also very harmful.
- What blocking users and IP's is, is also self explanatory.
- Editing every page is another self explanatory one.
- Patrolling edits is a method for keeping RC in check, it can be seen once a diff is clicked. All it does is, once "Mark as Patrolled Edits" is clicked, it marks the edits as patrolled so the edit will no longer show up on RC when "Hide Patrolled" is marked.
- When or how it should be used
- Deleting pages is normally done through Category:Candidates for Deletion. Anything with a good reason to be deleted on that page should be deleted. The other time pages should be deleted is when someone makes a certain page and after a few edits they either blank the page or replace it with something like "Please delete this". They don't want to work on it, and unless it is really well made and fleshed out, just delete it.
- Protecting pages has quite a few different times when it should be used. Pages should be protected according to the author's wishes (with Template:Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of conflict (with Template:Temp Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of OGC published materials (with Template:OGL Top added to the top of the page in question and Template:OGL Bottom added to the bottom), or finally if the page is a vital part of D&D Wiki's organization. If it deals with D&D Wiki's organization it either needs to be be protected from IP edits or all non-sysop edits. As a rule of thumb pages up to two tiers deep from the Main Page are normally locked to anyone but sysops and all the others are just protected from IP edits. For Example Dungeons and Dragons is protected from all non-sysop edits whereas a deeper in page like LA 0 Races is only protected from IP edits. No template has to be added to pages if thay are part of D&D Wiki's organization (even though some do exist like Template:Admin Locked Page)
- Blocking a user or IP should only be used after an IP or user vandalizes a certain page. To block someone just click "block" (found either on RC or the diff in question) and fill out the corresponding form. For a typical vandalism attack I normally block the user for two weeks. If I'm in a bad mood from vandalism or a certain discussion which the user has prompted, then I sometimes block them for up to a month. No standards have been set for block lengths, so it is currently really up to you when you block the user or IP.
- Editing every page on D&D Wiki mostly means you can now edit the SRD and the MSRD. Feel free to edit them if you find inaccuracies. Also, if you want to, for lack of a better word, major in the SRD (as Dmilewski has done) or the MSRD (as EldrithNumen has done) take a look at SRD Talk:System Reference Document#SRD ToDo List or MSRD Talk:Modern System Reference Document#Tasks to see what needs to be done within the SRD or MSRD. There is never enough help to get it all done, so I am sure your help would be appreciated.
- Patrolling edits should, in a nutshell, be used when you have looked over an edit and fixed everything that needs to be fixed (this includes answering questions, sending MoI's, etc). If you decide to, for a lack of better words, major in RC (as I have :)) then marking edits as patrolled will become commonplace and extremely helpful. Below is how to "major" in recent changes, which would be a great help to D&D Wiki and I. First off load recent changes and press "Hide patrolled edits". Next click any diff and look at the change. Only if you are 100% sure that the edit is okay (taking formatting standards, page-linking (using the "what links here?" function), answering questions, sending MoI's, and line spacing between comments and/or the "Back to" footer into consideration) then mark the edit as patrolled. If the edit is not okay then all you have to do is fix the problem then mark the edit as patrolled. It's simple, but looking over every edit on D&D Wiki really keeps it looking and running well. In my opinion, it is the most vital part of D&D Wiki. Even marking only 20 edits as patrolled every day would be extremely helpful with this never-ending task.
I know this is really long-winded, so I'll keep the rest short. You have more burden on yourself now that you are an admin because users will be looking at you for editing help, knowledge of the standards, etc etc. It's a bit more work, but I really hope you enjoy being an admin and I hope you decide to stay around on D&D Wiki for a while more to come. Welcome to Adminship, again, as Dmilewski once put it, you're now part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 13:37, 13 November 2008 (MST)
- Thank you, I am happy to serve the community and will do whatever I can to improve it. --Lord Dhazriel 13:43, 13 November 2008 (MST)
Thank You Very Much
I really appreciate the help you've given in cleaning up my wiki'ing mistakes. I swear, ONE DAY I will be able to make nice-looking tables... --Genowhirl 12:47, 29 November 2008 (MST)
- I was only a minor mistake, it was a pleasure to help. --Lord Dhazriel 12:55, 29 November 2008 (MST)
New EN Character
Since you mentioned that we can have two EN characters, I've been working on a second one. I'd ask this in chat or Salin or something, but I'm currently at school and this is the only form of communication not blocked, so...would it be okay for me to take Sulacu's Child template and your Synthetic Soul template (LA 1 version)? --Daniel Draco 06:25, 19 December 2008 (MST)
- Of course DD.--Lord Dhazriel 11:28, 19 December 2008 (MST)
Hi just wanted you to know im useing your half dragon varient in a game i was hopeing you could approve me useing it frist it is your work and i dont wanna steal.
- It okay, actually i am quite proud my work is used. You don't need to ask again.--Lord Dhazriel 22:14, 12 January 2009 (MST)
Temporary Replacement Chat
LD, we've been using this chat while the tavern has been down. We really need you to get in there, because nobody has any other way to contact you efficiently. --Daniel Draco 16:56, 25 January 2009 (MST)
Thanks for watching out for malicious editors
Hey LD, just wanted to give you a big thanks for watching out for the malicious editors on the Tome classes and reverting them as soon as they happen. Thanks! Surgo 14:53, 27 January 2009 (MST)
- Happy to help. --Lord Dhazriel 14:55, 27 January 2009 (MST)
- Yeah, IP locking them like you suggested would be grand. Surgo 22:57, 27 January 2009 (MST)
- Ok good, I be working on it now.--Lord Dhazriel 13:33, 28 January 2009 (MST)
- Ok I think I protected the whole lot, just send me a message if I have missed one.--Lord Dhazriel 14:07, 28 January 2009 (MST)
- hi iwould like to help choose classes for your new campaighn(homebrew).--bob cale 11:01pm, 4 febuary 2009 (MST)
|Thanks for stopping an argument on Discussion:Does DR stack?, and making certain people stay civil to one another. --Green Dragon 14:24, 6 March 2009 (MST)|
Didn't mean to rain on your parade or anything with the "Sadness" flaw, man, since I think it's a good one. I just thought the idea that the character has now "lost the will to live" was a little strong. After all, how much fun can it really be to play a character with no will to live whatsoever? I understand what you were going for, which is why I changed it to "your will to live has been weakened." Seems to me that you can be extremely sad or bitter without totally losing the will to live, and a character who HAS totally lost said will would be more likely to simply commit suicide and be done with it than just take a -1 to saving throws. I thought the description was a little unclear, and that it suggested that a character with this flaw doesn't want to live at all, when it might have been better to suggest that the character cares less about living than others, has a minor death wish, doesn't fight against death as hard as some other might, etc., which I thought was more in the spirit of the flaw's concept. As for the other things, I was just correcting some errant grammar, a process which I had understood was encouraged on this wiki.
- The flavor text can be ignored actually, flavor is mutable after all. If your character want to take the flaw, he isn't necessary a death seeker. The text is just here for flavor, feel free to ignore it for your character as you wish. --Lord Dhazriel 23:45, 1 April 2009 (MDT)
I'd like to label you as an admin with the
[[Template:AdminBadge]] on your user page. If you have a reason you don't think you should have the badge or you don't think the badge is a good idea, please discuss it on the badge's discussion. -Valentine the Rogue 16:06, 11 April 2009 (MDT)
Can you justify Extremely retarded as a viable reason to delete something? That is a terrible show of administrator power. The EE I would have happily allowed you delete because personally i was planning on it, but the Skunkgirl in no way deserved to be deleted after i worked hard to make it a playable race, and was going to start making it a serious race. This is bull, I don't expect or need an answer. -Steel
- The one who put candidate for deletion was Surgo I deleted the Skunkgirl because it was in the candidate ore deletion for a time and thus required deletion. Take this on his page, not mine. --Lord Dhazriel 11:12, 24 April 2009 (MDT)
- I can't even find the page I put "extremely retarded" on, but I know I did on something -- and you're right, that's a pretty unclear reason. I'll go change it as soon as I know the page. If you're planning on making the Skunkgirl an actual serious race, go do it and it can lose its candidate for deletion status. Also, why is this on LD's talk page and not mine? Surgo 11:20, 24 April 2009 (MDT)
- Okay, I just looked through the delete log. The exact reason was: "Extremely retarded. No one who sees this will ever take the wiki seriously." which is quite different from "Extremely retarded". I stand by my reasoning, those articles were entirely horrible and a blight on the wiki. "Adult content" my ass, those were nonsensical, badly researched content with nonsensical effects that looked like they were generated by someone who was 13. Surgo 11:26, 24 April 2009 (MDT)
- Hum... perhaps this discussion should be moved. I don't want to have a discussion about pages I deleted a while ago on my talk. --Lord Dhazriel 20:34, 24 April 2009 (MDT)
- Oh, so while it was known I was no where near the wiki to see my content was marked, you decided to just 'do it'. Without giving me time to save it for my own personal use? I refuse to believe that you couldn't have said 'hey, if anyone see's Steel to tell him his stuffs getting deleted soon' but thats ok, you can delete all my content because this is a bullshit method and I'm not interested in participating with this sites contributions. Have a nice day. Sorry for using your talk page. Steel
- What? Who knew that? I sure didn't know that. I don't think LD knew that either. Surgo 13:18, 25 April 2009 (MDT)
Liberty Prime is online
Wow, it's cool to meet another fan of LP. I liked him so much, I even made a DnD scale mini of him (43ft tall, or so, and here it is: ). Anyway, since you're such a big fan of Fallout, I was curious if a gaming expert like yourself would be interested in making stats for him. I was hoping to have a cross-over campaign with my players visiting the Fallout universe (trust me, we've done wierder stuff), and decided the trip wouldn't be complete without LP. However, I'm afraid my rabid fanboyism would blind me to making him OP. If you have any suggestions, tell me. Also, if there is a PMing system, you could also use that. I'm rather new to using wikis. Thanks.-Satim 01:41, 28 June 2009 (MDT)
- Hahaha cool, I see what I can do. I am rather incompetent with monster stat block however. Let see what I can do. --Lord Dhazriel 11:20, 28 June 2009 (MDT)
- You're a fan of Fallout too? Stellar. -- Mythos 13:45, 30 June 2009 (MDT)
Questions for the Admins
Don't have a better place to ask, so thought I'd ask this here; how long should one wait for a response before changing something that appears erroneous after placing a post on the talk page? Furthermore, if the OP reverts without discussing, and refuses to post on the talk page, what should one do? Ghostwheel 08:03, 5 July 2009 (MDT)
I created a prestige class, Dark-Light Vindicator, but it wont appear in the Prestige Class chart. Could you move it there or tell me what to do to be able to add it there? Thanks! Appoloin
- Done, you removed the categories at the bottom of the page. I just added the basic ones so it could be shown in the pretige class chart. You shaould add other categories by yourself (by example [[Category:Strong Spellcaster]]). --Lord Dhazriel 15:06, 17 July 2009 (MDT)
Thanks for adding the protection template to one of my classes. I was wondering if you knew how to add the Protection for IP's template. The current template makes all editing impossible. I was hoping for only users to be able to make edits. I recently turned that class over to the community for further improvements. If you could, that would be awesome. Thanks for reading! Peace. --Jay Freedman 15:31, 14 September 2009 (MDT)
Half Dragon Variant Problems
The Half-Dragon Variant page went through some seemingly radical and abrupt changes at the hands of a few IPs, it seems. I've tried to salvage the original article while including some flavor from their edits that was actually rather useful. Please give it the once over at your next opportunity to follow up on it. Jwguy 04:08, 30 October 2009 (MDT)
Finished Core Class
Hi there, Dhazriel, Mythos here, under a new name (it's a long story), anyway, I finished a core class, and I know you're good with your analyses, and would be honored if you'd look it over and tell me what you think, it's the Battlemage core class. -- Danzig 08:39, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
My lord, Are you still here? --Redrum 17:33, 26 October 2016 (MDT)