Shadowkin (Cora Race)
From D&D Wiki
|World of Cora|
Shadowkin are very free spirited, tricksters. They don't believe in a very strong family unit, rather choosing to let their children fend for themselves when they are of an appropriate age, which is generally around 14 or 15. As soon as they can either get a job for themselves or survive outside of the house. Shadowkin unlike the other kin, are spread inside and outside the empire, and some even venture down into the underworld and take residence with the underfolk, perhaps only half of the shadowkin population in Cora is actually contained within the Empire, leaving a large number in other lands. Shadowkin seem to have created the Silence in opposition to the empire, along with taking up residence in the underworld.
Shadowkin are slightly shorter than the average kin. Their skin is usually a medium gray to dark gray, and always without any color. Their hair is almost always black, though some have gray, or even a blueish tinted black.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Wisdom.
- Humanoid (kin)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, shadowkin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Shadowkin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A shadowkin can see twice as far as normal in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells with the darkness descriptor.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- +2 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
- Shadow Sight (Ex): Able to see ethereal and incorporeal creatures without difficulty. A shadowkin does not roll miss chance when attempting to strike an ethereal or incorporeal object.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||90 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d8||125 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|