Forestfolk, also known to some as the Arlan to some, are the defenders of the forest. They are small, and furry, with small curved horns protruding from the tops of their heads. Their hair is a light blue to gray color and sometimes even a tint of green. They are quite amiable to those who don't encroach on their land, and have so far been friendly with those from the Empire, though they are not a part of it. The Forestfolk live in tree-houses, build from vines, and the downed trees. Most are inclined to stay home and follow in their families footsteps, which limits the number of forestfolk adventurers, though some have been known to join merchant caravans passing through so they can see the world and learn a bit of what goes on outside the forests.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution
- Humanoid (folk)
- Small: As a Small creature, a forestfolk gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but they use smaller weapons than medium sized creatures, and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Forestfolk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A forestfolk can see twice as far as normal in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Forestfolk are Immune to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, and Move Silently, and Survival checks.
- Woodland stride (Ex): forestfolk may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at her normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect her.
- Survival is always a class skill for a forestfolk.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Forestspeak
- Favored Class: Any.
Table: Forestfolk Random Starting Ages
Table:Forestfolk Aging Effects
Table: Random Height and Weight
||× (2d4) lb.
||× (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings → Cora