Desertfolk, as their name implies are the people of the desert, they live in small tribal groups near oasis, and provide a resting place for travelers and merchants alike. Most desertfolk are scavengers and survivalists of the desert, taking up mining as a profession. In fact, the desertfolk's primary business is with these traders who come to purchase the precious stones that they have mined from the desert. Desertfolk are very family oriented people, they seek to honor their families and keep the family name in good report. Some take to a life of adventure in hopes that they can bring honor to their families, whether by striking it wealthy, or by making a great discovery the motivations are many. Most desertfolk hold no religious inclinations, though their is a bit of tribal shamanism. Desertfolk live exceptionally long compared to the other races of Cora, and this may contribute to their unwillingness to come under the Empires rule as they desire to hold to traditional views more than anything. Desertfolk have created their own language, which they very rarely teach to those not of their own descent, they also learn to speak common, which they use to speak with merchants and other travelers.
Desertfolk have dark skin, usually a deep brown, and sometimes with a reddish tint. Their hair ranges from a dark red to black. The average male desertfolk stands at 6' tall. Their skin is rough both from the constant direct sun exposure and from the harmful environment of the desert.
- Humanoid (folk)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, desertfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Desertfolk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Heat Endurance (Ex): Desertfolk gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- Endurance: Desertfolk receive endurance as a bonus feat.
- Chitin (Ex): A desertfolk’s skin is hardened, almost like an exoskeleton, and grants the character a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Survival checks.
- Unerring Direction (Ex): A desertfolk always knows which way is North.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Desertspeak.
- Favored Class: Stonemelder.
Table: Desertfolk Random Starting Ages
Table: Desertfolk Aging Effects
Table: Desertfolk Random Height and Weight
||× (2d4) lb.
||× (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings → Cora Campaign Setting