Requests for Adminship/Jwguy
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
Voice your opinion (4/0/0) 100% Approval; Ended 08:00, 8 April 2014 (MDT)
Jwguy's contributions are worthwhile, constructive, and of high quality. He would make a great addition to the face of D&D Wiki with his constructive oversight and well intentioned and realized edits. --Green Dragon (talk) 08:01, 1 April 2014 (MDT)
- Candidate's Prelude
- Hello everyone. Green Dragon has kindly recommended me for Administrator, here on D&D Wiki. I've been around for quite a while; I've been frequenting the site since late 2006, when I first went to college, though I didn't start editing in this capacity until a few years later. In terms of my experience and capabilities, I have been a moderator and administrator on several other sites and in a few different capacities, and if you're all in agreement that I'd meet your needs and specifications, I would be happy to provide those services, here, as well. I fancy myself a mediator, after all, and the public forum tends to be a native place, for me.
- Whatever you decide, I hope we can continue building our community and our creations together for many more years, to come. Jwguy (talk) 09:44, 1 April 2014 (MDT)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: Hm. I'd probably be most taken with the ability to more directly clean up the more needy piles of routine categories, such as those spam, and of the ever-present Deletion Candidates, and other template categories. Specifically, however, I'd probably be more akin to dealing with users and conflicts that might arise from them, as I do have an appreciation for mediation. Marasmusine also clued me in to the issues with copyright images, kindly, so I've been taking special care in making sure our image pool is accounted for and permissible, in that regard. For what it is worth, I also maintain the D&D Wiki Facebook Page, since Hooper gave me access one day, so many years ago, and has since dropped off the radar.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Well, I maintain the Tirr pages, through and through, and I do enjoy seeing it filling up. I think particularly I've been more please with some of my later pages, such as the Elementalist and Isis. I think I feel this way because over the years of working with various pages and classes, I've been able to produce more and more flavorful content. It might not be the best, but I enjoy a nice glow, every now and then. I also maintain the Tarot Mage content, and have been involved in making rebalanced iterations of Frank and K's Tome classes, most of which are used in my campaign.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Hm. Conflicts. In particular, I had a single instance with Jay Freedman on my talk page, regarding a reply I made in a discussion between him and Green Dragon, way back in 2012. It appeared that he felt that my opinion on the matter was unwarranted, at best, and a hostile intrusion, at worst. Ultimately, my response was to explain my reasons, intentions, and why I felt my opinion, or rather my posting of it, was valid. While I took the conflict to be petty and unnecessary, I tried to extend my own experiences to build a bit of common ground, as well as communicate the status of the wiki as one of public forum, and discourage such outbursts in the future.
- Per above. --Green Dragon (talk) 08:01, 1 April 2014 (MDT)
- A completely trustworthy editor, handing over the admin tools can only benefit the wiki. Marasmusine (talk) 08:46, 1 April 2014 (MDT)
- Well thought out in all discussions and keeps his cool. I think it is definitely a good idea. Tivanir (talk) 09:40, 1 April 2014 (MDT)
- I was thinkin' a' nominatin' Jwguy myself, but we never really interacted in the past so I felt kinda weird. Anyway, I'm down. --Sargento Léon (La plática) 12:45, 1 April 2014 (MDT)