From D&D Wiki
Welcome to Adminship. You are now part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. You have more burden on yourself now that you are an admin because users will be looking at you for editing help, knowledge about pages, etc. Make sure to familiarize yourself with Meta Pages to help address this burden. I recommend you take a look at Special:ListGroupRights if you have not already. Some of the new feature's uses follow. You can now delete pages, protect pages, rollback edits, block users and IP's, edit every page, patrol edits, and do a couple more minor things.
- Deleting pages is normally done through Category:Candidates for Deletion. Anything with a good reason to be deleted on that page should be deleted. Other times pages should be deleted is in the case of vandalism, spam, or even when someone makes a page and after a few edits they either blank the page or replace it with something like "Please delete this". If this page consisted of close to just the preload it is fine to just delete it.
- Protecting pages has quite a few different times when it should be used. Pages should be protected according to the author's wishes (with Template:Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of conflict (with Template:Temp Locked Page added to the top of the page in question), in case of OGC published materials (with Template:OGL Top added to the top of the page in question and Template:OGL Bottom added to the bottom), or finally if the page is a vital part of D&D Wiki's organization. Also, if it deals with D&D Wiki's organization the page needs to be protected. For Example 3.5e Homebrew is protected from all non-sysop edits whereas a different page like LA 0 Races is only protected from IP edits. No template needs to be added to pages if they are part of D&D Wiki's organization (even though some do exist like Template:Admin Locked Page)
- Blocking a user or IP should be used with respect to policy. To block someone just click "block" (found on Recent Changes, the diff in question, the userpage, etc) and fill out the corresponding form. For a typical vandalism attack I normally block the user for two weeks. Certain things demand a longer block and others a shorter. No standards have been set for block lengths so use your best judgment.
- Editing every page on D&D Wiki mostly means you can now edit the SRD and the MSRD. Feel free to edit them if inaccuracies are found. If interested further please look at the SRD ToDO List or the MSRD tasks; I am sure your help will be appreciated.
Now that you are an admin I would say more burden is placed on you, but I really hope you enjoy being an admin and I hope you decide to stay around on D&D Wiki for a while more to come. Welcome to Adminship. Again, you're now part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 09:17, 28 February 2012 (MST)
I don't have the publication with the original thri-kreen in. Do you think you could compare them and change this to a "variant" page that just lists Salasay's changes, with whatever description he added? If the changes aren't significant then I'll leave the deletion to your discretion, thanks. Marasmusine (talk) 00:13, 7 April 2013 (MDT)
- yes I can do that. It is in the expanded psionic hand book so I will look at it in a minute. Tivanir (talk) 07:41, 7 April 2013 (MDT)
- deleted it per no actual difference from normal thri Kreen. Dropping enhancement bonuses to remove an LA isn't a mod and it had no original content beyond the habitat and color. Tivanir (talk) 14:09, 11 April 2013 (MDT)
New featured article.
Hi Tivanir, can you be on the lookout for a new featured article? I would suggest something non-4e and non-monster this time. I'm not great at judging 3.5e (I can spot a bad one, but not so good at spotting quality). Marasmusine (talk) 00:47, 18 April 2013 (MDT)
- Will do. Also I have one up but I don't think anyone has looked at it yet for final tweaking. I will see if I can find something that will work for the FA. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 06:43, 18 April 2013 (MDT)
- Found one: Ascendant though it will need some tweaking to bring it to featured article status. I have outlined what I feel makes it not up to par (flavor and some mechanics) and will start bringing it inline with standard 3.5e shortly to make it good to go. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 09:46, 18 April 2013 (MDT)
- We should probably get some of the current nominees reviewedand either passed or failed. There are at least four that were nominated in 2008, and haven't been decied on yet. I would be willing to go through and look at the current 3.5e nominees and help tweak them to passing level. I will need help on my own Illusionary Weapons Master, but the rest of them i can help with. I deffinitly like the Ascendant, though, and if you think it should be a featured article, I would support it. I would just like to see nominees like the Gravity Warrior tweaked up to an acceptable level. --Salasay Δ 17:30, 21 April 2013 (MDT)
- I will likely work on the other articles up for featured article once Ascendant is ready to go. Heading over to it now to do a little work. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 10:48, 22 April 2013 (MDT)
- Okay. I'll start looking at some of the current nominees myself. I commented on Ascendant about some improvements, just so you know.
- On a (somewhat) related note, I was wondering; if a FA nominee gets too many opposed, or receives no interest about improving, does it ever get removed, or does it just stay on the nominee list? --Salasay Δ 15:06, 23 April 2013 (MDT)
- if there are any opposes left that are valid concerns it gets delisted. If it isn't valid (aka I don't like it) the oppose is removed. In theory you only need a single support vote and green dragon normal throws his vote at the end to see if there is anything last minute that wasnt addressed. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 20:04, 23 April 2013 (MDT)
- Congrats on the Artificer getting featured. Its a great class
Tome / Races of War Material
With regards making a template for tome material, one thing we can also do is to add the "Supplement" category to those pages so they are excluded from the normal lists (which will all have notcategory=Supplement by the time I've finished with them). Marasmusine (talk) 01:58, 13 May 2013 (MDT)
questions regarding racial classes
Hi there, I'm ZappiestTom, anyway, I was wondering how racial classes work, for example, in the 3.5e lizardfolk class, it says that I automatically get two levels in humanoid, what does this mean? does it mean the features after it stack with the class I'm using or do I choose the highest factor (I'm guessing its highest factor for hit dice and merges for BAB and saving throws. Also, there is then the emerald thorn Lizardfolk (which I think is in the homebrew) does it mean I can take a rank in the racial class rather than the class I chose? please mail me ASAP. ZappiestTom (talk) 21:58, 22 May 2013 (MDT)
- racial levels are additional hit dice that the character is required to take in order to play certain races. For example if you have 2 racial HD and a level adjustment of two the total adjustment is 4 levels. The attack advances for the hit dice do stack with classes as do any saves. The easiest way to do classes with high level adjustments is to create a racial template and break up your bonuses over multiple levels. This allows the dm to be flexible in his approval as you won't be trying to start off as a cr 18 character for things like stone giants. Hope this answers your question. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 08:48, 24 May 2013 (MDT)
- I will keep that in mind for future moves. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 05:24, 9 June 2013 (MDT)
I am attempting to implement a "Helpers" page to assist users with their problems. If you would like to help other users with wiki problems, simply add all of the following categories that you feel that you could assist in to your User Page. The Categories available are: [[Category:3.5e Balancing Helper]], [[Category:4e Balancing Helper]], [[Category:Proofreader Helper]], [[Category:Flavor Helper]], and [[Category:General Helper]]. If you choose to put one of the above categories, please also add [[Category:Helper]] as well. Thank you, Salasay Δ 13:44, 5 February 2013 (MST)
- Best options would be for either 3/4 or 1/2 of BAB since they can still wear bracers of armor (it counts as armor but is a force bonus and can be worn by characters without armor.) I would lean more towards the 1/2 to be honest since that means the base FF and TA bonuses are 20 without dex modifiers which is fairly high even for rogues. Between a force shield ring the bracers of armor/ring of protection/amulet of natural armor and dex gloves even at 1/2 you are still looking at up to a 43 without a base dex bonus (with 23 being the bonus for FF and TA.) Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 13:15, 3 October 2013 (MDT)
When I wrote out the Armorless Fitghter, I certainly had no notions of munchkining with all sorts of fancy equipment. What I was aiming for was an unadorned fighter who didn't depend on snazzy magic gear to protect himself. What if we expanded the Armorless Fighter, and ruled out magical defense items?--Sir Dinadan (talk) 13:57, 3 October 2013 (MDT)
- That could work to a point but the wording becomes problematic at best. If too broadly worded it becomes that you can't cast nearly any buffing spells on him or he loses the ability. If you expanded it to say no armor or spells that count as armor that would probably be the best bet, and that would allow him to get dex/deflection bonuses still. That would allow up to a 30 AC with half BAB and the 23 FF TA which is still very respectable. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 14:07, 3 October 2013 (MDT)
- I can't devote the time right now to give this a proper look. I would say that the bonus needs to remain suboptimal compared to medium armors (since there's no check penalty, no spell failure, no need to spend money, and you're instantly upgraded as you level) Marasmusine (talk) 10:41, 5 October 2013 (MDT)
- If it should remain suboptimal to medium armor it would need to max out at 3 or 4 static AC then, as it also gives enhanced FF and TA bonuses. Even the lowest bonus is +5 armor +3 Dex for medium armor so it would conceivably be 1/5 of your character level. If he removes the ability to use things like bracers of armor or the force shield ring I would say that the base 20 at level 20 is not overly broken personally, while the TA and FF will be higher than normal even with max bonuses he comes in right around the standard fighter AC based on average equipment. Maxed out according to my sheet with a +5 ring of protection, +5 amulet of natural armor and gloves of dex +6 he receives an AC of 33 FF/TA of 28 (not including pre glove dex bonus) which isn't game breaking, putting him on par AC wise with the monk. I would stipulate that this bonus feat does not stack with any other feat and you use the feat that would provide the highest bonus on its own. That way no crazy armorless fighter/vow of poverty stuff to munchkin the character. Tivanir (Speak to me) (talk) 14:28, 5 October 2013 (MDT)
- I think that would actually be too extreme. AC 20 at level 20 is pretty much useless. As long as it stipulates that you can't stack bonuses from other sources (like the 15 AC from vow of poverty) it really isn't terrible to allow it to have 33, especially when you consider most CR 20 monsters can actually hit a 33 pretty easily. Tivanir (talk) 08:43, 7 October 2013 (MDT)
Okay then. We'll leave it at full base attack bonus, rule out vow of poverty base AC 15, and forbid all magical enhancements other than permanent increases to ability scores. Is that sufficiently balanced?--Sir Dinadan (talk) 09:51, 7 October 2013 (MDT)
- Should be feasible for the option then yes. Tivanir (talk) 10:48, 7 October 2013 (MDT)
- Oh one last thing make sure it has prerequisites light, medium and heavy armor proficiences. Otherwise monks can take it and that will get terrible quickly. Tivanir (talk) 06:52, 8 October 2013 (MDT)
Aaah, edit snap
That's twice in the past week that you've added the delete template in the like 10 seconds between me looking at an article and clicking 'Edit this page'. Like, geez, great minds think alike, but still; Too scary~ --SgtLion (talk) 03:16, 18 October 2013 (MDT)
Hi Tivanir, I think that if you find any more pages that have no content at all beyond a preload you can immediately delete them (after making sure that the page hasn't been blanked, or that content isn't hidden by comment markers). Thanks again for all your great work. Marasmusine (talk) 00:59, 7 November 2013 (MST)
- I can do that. Besides I can't leave everything for you to do, otherwise I am just an admin that putz around. Tivanir (talk) 08:42, 7 November 2013 (MST)
Hi, I was referred to you by Marasmusine. I have posted this 3.5 homebrew, http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Objectum_Apello_(3.5e_Class) amd was looking for any input. --Honorlord (talk) 09:39, 15 November 2013 (MST)
- I will give it a look over. Tivanir (talk) 09:00, 20 November 2013 (MST)
Retooled Druid Variant
Hello, I was looking for some outside input on a Shapeshift Druid Variant I've been working on. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shapeshift_Druid_Variant_(PHB2)_2.0_(3.5e_Class) Also, I created an Epic level progression page many months back that seems irrelevant now with the base class addressing the lack of Epic Level progression. I'm not sure but it might be time to delete that page. Thanks a bunch! Erknye 01:39, 29 August 2014 (MDT)