Talk:Monster Hunter (5e Background)
From D&D Wiki
- First and foremost, there should be no direct benefit to mechanics - no bonuses to rolls, increases in value on sold items, etc. That you can acquire rare poisons to sell off already seems a bit much.
- Create flavor text and rewrite the feature in such a way that there is slightly more emphasis on tracking down, and disposing of, monstrosities, rather than reaping rewards from them.
- Need to avoid overlap with the Slayer BG as defined in the completed section.
- I'm getting a little tired of backgrounds that sound like they are already full-blown adventurers. This could perhaps promote a humbler story. Maybe you're the guy who, only through luck alone, slays a monster, and is now the hero of the village. (Think of Michael Palin's character in the film Jabberwocky) Knowing that the victory was merely a fluke, you go to seek your fortune, and to improve your fighting skills, should your home town be threatened again. We'll have random tables for what creature you killed, and by what luck you killed it. Marasmusine (talk) 10:28, 6 April 2015 (MDT)
- Removed notifications concerning missing traits/ideals/etc. and reference to improper mechanical bonuses - these were corrected in the previous revision. Will commence rewrite of background along the lines suggested by Marasmusine in previous commentary. Exodite-Dragon (talk) 12:29, 8 April 2015 (MDT)
Quality Article Nomination