The Advanced Player's Manual
||Skip Williams, William C. Eaken
||Green Ronin Publishing
||20 September 2005
|The perfect complement to your core rulebooks, the Advanced Player's Manual gives your characters all new capabilities. Like other books in Green Ronin's Advanced Rulebook series, this book is all about options, expansions, and moving your games in new directions! With new race flexibility, variant magic classes, mass combat rules, and more, you have the tools to create a host of unique and interesting characters, or to improve exisitng ones. Whether you are a player or a gamemaster, this book breathes fresh air into character building, putting the power into you hands. Better still, each chapter is modular in design, making it easy to choose the options appropiate for your games. Used by itself or in conjunction with Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and the Advanced Gamemaster's Guide, your games can only improve with this invaluable resource.
Inside, you'll find:
- Luck defined as a new ability score with several options for incorporating it into your games.
- A complete toolbox for building your own variants of the core races, while alos giving guidelines for building planetouched races, half-races, and greater races.
- Six new base classes, including the eldritch weaver, spellmaster, and thanemage. Epic progressions are also included for each class.
- New uses and modifiers for skills based on creature types, body types, and a selection of new feats like Fighting Withdrawal and Taunt.
- An all-new numeric alignment system, with examples for creatures found in the MM.
- Mass combat rules, fully compatible with Malhavoc Press' Cry Havoc.
- Over 100 new spells, like crown of valor, foozle, and the devastating ring of fire.
- The psychic base class, and the skill- and feat-based psychic system first presented in Green Ronin's popular Psychic's Handbook.
- Engaging illustrations from top artists like Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Drew Baker, Kent Burles, Storn cook, Marcio Fiorito, Jonathan Kirtz, James Smith III, Joseph Wigfield, and Lisa Wood.
Written by the d20 guru and sage Skip Williams, author of the MM, the Advanced Player's Manual is the perfect sourcebook to take your games to the next level.
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. This product utilizes updated material from the v. 3.5 revision.
This text is quoted from promotion material. Text and images are copyrighted by the original publisher.
The following text is Open Gaming Content: Chapters 1-4, 6, 8 and Appendices 1 and 2.
|This material is published under the OGL
In most fantasy settings, psychic abilities, if they exist at all, are usually seen as just an alternate form of magic. This appendix provides a completely independent system for adding psychic abilities to your campaign, abilities that are at once more subtle and wider-reaching than magic, powers with their own applications and limitations that separate them from the spells of clerics and wizards, and even the powers of psions. This material, which derives from Green Ronin’s Psychic’s Handbook, is suitable for introducing psychic abilities to any campaign. Read on and discover the hidden powers of the mind.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Rules