User talk:Green Dragon/Archive 12
From D&D Wiki
Is it possible to have a recent changes for articles in a catergory? --Sabre070 09:36, 9 July 2008 (MDT)
- Yes. See an example below:
- Hope that helps! --Aarnott 10:37, 9 July 2008 (MDT)
How do I add a New Page to my Userpage?
I need to know for one of my projects --Jack Bread 04:30, 16 July 2008 (MDT)
- You can make a link to pages using this: [[Page name|Show text]]. This will allow you to make a new page or link to a pre-existing page. You also have to options to make new pages via the "preloads", the "Add new (something)" links. Hope this helps.. :) --Sabre070 06:03, 16 July 2008 (MDT)
- I meant so the title would be like User:Jack Bread/(name) something like that --Jack Bread 21:27, 18 July 2008 (MDT)
- Here's how I do it - just type what you want to name the page in the search box ("User:Jack Bread/MainPage" as an example) and then click go. It will bring up the page you type in. After that you can just edit the page and you're good to go. Hope I was helpful :) --EaTCarbS 03:58, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- I agree, the "Search" method is best. Additionally you can always edit the sandbox, type in your page name, then click the red link. Hope this helps as well. --Green Dragon 16:55, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- Thanks! --Jack Bread 17:38, 25 July 2008 (MDT)
- No problem, glad to help. --Green Dragon 17:39, 25 July 2008 (MDT)
There seem to be a few formatting errors on the pages for the SRD 4e Powers. I suggest taking a look at them so you can determine exactly what you need to do, but the main one I've noticed happened to be one of the lines missing the category= line. This has resulted in those pages not displaying any of the information they should. --Taritus 09:21, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- I am a little confused. First off no SRD 4e powers are present on D&D Wiki as the SRD has yet to be freely released for 4e. Also, category= needs to be present in dpl's as it will not work without it. This defines the parameter. If you could supply a link to the page you are curious about I would be very appreciated. Thanks. --Green Dragon 16:54, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- It happens to be this page and pages similar to this page. The pages like 4e Martial Powers are supposed to be for homebrewed powers for already existing power sources, or for already existing classes, right? Well, the problem is when you view the pages, nothing appears. This is because the line that should say category=Level 1 Powers, or some other level, lacks the category= at the beginning of the line. Sorry if my original explanation confused you.--Taritus 17:45, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- You are completely right, they are lacking the category= in front of the categories. Feel free to fix this for all the 4e pages! Thanks in advance! --Green Dragon 17:51, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- Lol, I would, but they're all protected. Forgetting not everyone is an admin?--Taritus 17:57, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- There we go — changed them to only be locked to IP eidts. That's how they were supposed to be all along. Sorry about that. --Green Dragon 18:03, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- Oh, lord. Somebody needs to lay off the booze when they make these big pages... Categorical mistakes everywhere. There is no Power category, but there is a 4e Power category. No Arcane category but there is a 4e Arcane Power category. All over everything...--Taritus 18:12, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
- I can only agree, strange mistakes and strange things like this are all over the 4e homebrew areas. Please feel free to standardize things — it truly would be a huge help. If you are really interested in helping out the 4e homebrew section Talk:4e Homebrew#Quality Control may interest you. Please feel free to help, it needs it. --Green Dragon 18:14, 24 July 2008 (MDT)
Quick Question From a New Guy on Article Deletion
Hi, I recently posted a short article on the campaign setting I made for my tabletop game (Four Worlds, was the name). I was planning on updating it every few days with more information, but today I see it was deleted. It might just be because I'm not used to the way these articles work yet, but I couldn't find any description of why it was deleted. I'm just wondering why it was and if I should write up a more substantial portion before creating it. Thanks. --windandfire 23:29, 24 July 2008 (MDT)Windandfire
- I have restored Four Worlds (DnD Campaign Setting). I deleted it because it seemed very sparse in information and I thought it was not going to be worked on. Sorry about that, and I have restored it. --Green Dragon 10:58, 25 July 2008 (MDT)
- That's ok. I'll be trying to add to it every weekday, so it should grow quickly. Thanks for restoring it. --windandfire 12:51, 25 July 2008 (MDT)
- No problem, sorry about deleting it. --Green Dragon 17:32, 25 July 2008 (MDT)
IP # I69_119_7_80 was spamming in the tavern and being outright annoying, I cant do anything, so i figured I'd let you know, if anything can be done, that would be great, thank you, Summerscythe 13:59, 26 July 2008 (MDT)
- Currently banning individuals from editing does nothing to their tavern usage... I'm terribly sorry about this. I have asked Blue Dragon to change this numerous times, he just has not got around to fixing this problem yet. Is this still a problem? If so i'll talk to him more forcibly about this problem ;). --Green Dragon 15:23, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
I wanted to know if I could put an 2nd edition magic item on the site and convert it to 3.5. --Jack Bread 15:05, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
- If you made the item, feel free. If it was published it is okay if it's OGC. --Green Dragon 15:20, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
- It was homebrew, made by someone else, I can give you a link if you like --Jack Bread 15:32, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
- As long as you have their permission, please feel free to add it! --Green Dragon 15:33, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
Paragon Class Preload
Would you mind changing the Paragon Class preload to use the template:4e Paragon Class Power instead of the tables that is currently does? And don't you dare tell me I should make it into a form.--Taritus 22:44, 2 August 2008 (MDT)
- I have changed the protection level so now you should be able to edit it as well. Also, it really should be made into a form ;). Finally, if their are any more preloads which you need to edit let me know and I would be more then happy to change the protection level. --Green Dragon 09:40, 12 November 2008 (MST)
I believe the soulbinder finally meets the standards for featured article, if you want to look it over and tell me what you think that would be great. thanks. P.S. I dont want to sound pushy, I'm just really excited. --Summerscythe 11:10, 6 August 2008 (MDT)
- I'll take a look at it. --Green Dragon 05:56, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Lock Up Please
Bag of Numerous Items (DnD Equipment) I would like it if you locked up this I don't want anyone messing with it (the sooner the better). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Necrorock (talk • contribs) 05:09, 9 August 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- I locked it. Let me know if you want me to unlock it. --Green Dragon 12:54, 9 August 2008 (MDT)
- I'm pretty sure I got it, or was it a different page then the one you supplied above? --Green Dragon 05:59, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Mask of IT
I was wondering, do I have the price made correctly? If not, feel free to change it. Also, you rule for making this site. Mask of IT (DnD Equipment). And if there is anything else wrong, feel free to edit. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bolomang (talk • contribs) 17:31, 9 August 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- The price looks pretty good and also, thanks. I am very glad I started D&D Wiki in the first place :). --Green Dragon 06:03, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Problem with Ritual
Hi, in my ritual Raise (Create) Undead, i can't add the time and duration of it, don't know why? --Dokuro 14:23, 12 August 2008 (MDT)
- Should be better now, right? --Green Dragon 06:05, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Thanks for the Greeting
Thank's for the greeting, I apreciate it. I was kinda wondering the best way besides going into the tavern (witch i love) to get my prestige class rated or to get some kind of review of it... it is my first one and I am not sure how balanced it is as a class. Anyways Thanks again. --Fletcher123 15:43, 20 August 2008 (MDT)
- If you give me a link I would be more then happy to take a look at it. --Green Dragon 09:30, 12 November 2008 (MST)
- Discussion moved to
Help Talk:The Tavern#Tavern Moderators. --Green Dragon 07:00, 20 November 2008 (MST)
I have converted a few 3.x Monsters, that were not presented in the new MM, into 4e versions. Is it alright to post them on the Wiki? -- Sepsis 22:16, 26 August 2008 (MDT)
- I would say so. --Green Dragon 09:29, 12 November 2008 (MST)
hello :). I believe that my paragon class for the wizard is no good and would like it for you to take it off please! :) The reason for this is that i think that the aim of the paragon tier is not for such a big change on the base class. Dokuro 13:25, 29 August 2008 (MDT)
- If you give me a link I would be more then happy to delete it. Also, please refer to Category:Candidates for Deletion. Sorry I could not really help. I looked through your User Contributions and could not find it, and I searched for it as well, but to no avail. --Green Dragon 06:14, 20 November 2008 (MST)
A Few Questions
So this is Mander. About a year ago I got really involved with the wiki, and have since been less involved. I'm looking to be more involved again. I was wondering, is there a forum like section on this webpage where I could start a topic or two for discussion? Also I have more to add to this wiki, but I seem to be starting over on my wiki skills. In a sense I'm looking for a wiki mentor. I'm sure I had other questions, I'm just forgetting them right now. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mander (talk • contribs) 14:58, 6 September 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- Hello Mander! Welcome back. If you have some questions feel free to ask them on Discussions. Also, I would be more than willing to take a look at your creations, and help you format them, once you have added them. Just give me a link once the page is created and I will see what can be improved. --Green Dragon 11:05, 30 September 2008 (MDT)
I don't suppose you could check over the Elementalist prestige class, and Arcane Leadership, Ascetic Leadership, Divine Leadership, Martial Leadership and Wild Leadership feats? The leadership feats were inspired by Undead Leadership from Libris Mortis, so they follow the same basic idea - is that okay OGL-wise? --Damuna 19:18, 6 September 2008 (MDT)
- If you want to do the need changes yourself for practice, the feats need to have links put in them. --Calidore Chase 12:28, 7 September 2008 (MDT)
I am currently in the process of splitting material like prestige classes out of four very long articles (Tome of Necromancy (3.5e Sourcebook), Tome of Fiends (3.5e Sourcebook), Dungeonomicon (3.5e Sourcebook), Races of War (3.5e Sourcebook)) into their own articles, for easier digestion and use/reference by people. Unfortunately, while doing so, I've run into a couple of namespace conflicts. I'm worried about more namespace conflicts and namespace pollution in the future; so I was wondering if instead of, say, (DnD Prestige Class) appended onto prestige classes, I could use something like (Tome Prestige Class) as people often call those four works "The Tomes".
I am given to understand that there are scripts that automagically add prestige classes to the list of homebrew prestige classes when new prestige classes are made. I am also given to understand that this only works with the (DnD Prestige Class) namespace. Is my understanding correct? If I can use the new namespace, is it okay for me to edit those articles by hand to add the prestige classes in at the correct points? (Or could the scripts be extended to the Tome namespace, if such is allowed?) Thanks! Surgo 18:36, 8 September 2008 (MDT)
- DnD Prestige Classes uses categories and the Template:DnD Prestige Class Infobox to display it's information. It takes it from the prestige classes page. Your prestige classes should show up their. And I disagree with a separate namespace for the tomes. I see no reason why cannot just use the "(DnD Prestige Class)", or whichever, identifiers and the main namespace. --Green Dragon 06:26, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Epic-only PrC Templates
I noticed recently that there aren't preloads or categories for prestige classes with epic level requirements, as I'm have little skill at making them, I wondered if you might do the honors? Here's one that can be added: Thlatian Bladelord (DnD Prestige Class). Thanks!-Risek 11:15, 10 September 2008 (MDT)
I hope you are right one to ask, since the d20 Modern fellow is away. Well I have a rather serious question concerning d20 Modern and well…err let me get to the point.
Since d20 Modern is out of print and majority of the material is hard to come by shouldn’t the rest of the material be placed in the Modern section. The reason for concern is that there’s is a good chance that Hasbro will try to completely kill-off Modern and well since I love Modern I was simply wondering whether the remaining material will be added or not.
I mean, from what I can tell 2nd Edition players generally have the complete material for use online and so I thought that Modern should as well. Gah! hope I said what I meant to say. -Magus Black, the Oracle of Blades —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 14:09, 14 September 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- We can only post WotC material which is OGC. --Green Dragon 13:58, 8 November 2008 (MST)
- Best bet is to put a link with the question and someone may take a look. Which class is it? --Calidore Chase 13:30, 3 October 2008 (MDT)
- If you give me a link I would be more then willing to take a look. --Green Dragon 06:29, 20 November 2008 (MST)
Foxphyre Page IP Lock
I would like my page locked to IPs, and if possible set properly to have me as its creator, because I didn't register till a while after its creation. link follows Foxphyre (DnD Race). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Morbosa (talk • contribs) 17:01, 24 September 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- Done. Let me know if that's what you had in mind. --Green Dragon 10:56, 30 September 2008 (MDT)
Question About the Scout's Skirmish Ability
Hey it said if I had any question about d&d or anything to ask, well my current question is about the Scout's (3.5e Complete Adventurer) skirmish ability. In the ability description it says the scout gets to apply skirmish damage if they move at least 10 ft. Well me and my friends were wondering how this worked when the scout is mounted. Does the actually scout have to move 10 ft, or do they get skirmish damage if their mount moves 10 at least ft? Also if only the mount has to move, if only the mount has to move then this enables the scout to do a full attack with skirmish and our second question is would the scout get skirmish damage from ever attack?
- I can answer these. Skirmish does not work with mounts (being displaced 10 ft. is different than physically moving 10 ft). You can get full attack + skirmish with a variety of tricks such as the Pounce ability (look at the complete champion barbarian variant), or the Psychic Warrior's Psionic Lion's Charge power. Skirmish applies to every attack much like sneak attack does. Take a look at the Improved Skirmish feat (also Complete adventurer I think) as well as Swift Ambusher (Complete Scoundrel). Improved Skirmish will add +2d6 damage if you move 20ft. Swift ambusher stacks ranger levels with scout levels for the purposes of skirmish. You can use this to have a high Base Attack Bonus and high skirmish (though the barbarian level will add an exp penalty unless you make the build very carefully).
- Above all optimization, have fun playing a scout! They offer a lot of fun tactical decisions and they don't need to be optimized to do cool things. --Aarnott 13:47, 6 October 2008 (MDT)
I've been a member of this site for around 6 months, and for about 5 of those months, cassia has been the featured article. Now i have nothing against the article, cuz its a good article, but its been up for a long time, and there are about ten other candidates in line, all great articles. i believe a change should happen pretty soon. Your Friend, Summerscythe 12:57, 6 October 2008 (MDT)
- I completely agree. The only issue is that the current FA Nominees may or may not meet the FA criteria. If you have some spare time please help format and/or review some of the FA Nominees so we can bring them up to the FA criteria. --Green Dragon 09:28, 7 October 2008 (MDT)
- Yep, if some page need revamp im in!--Lord Dhazriel 16:15, 8 November 2008 (MST)
So, I realize my combat Assassin is a little overpowered for a prestige class. Mainly just because i never meant for it to be prestige, but as an epic addition. Is there a way to have an Epic prestige area for home brew content? thanks --Cerin616, Drew 18:54, 6 October 2008 (MDT)
Quest/Campaign and Subpages
Hey Green Dragon!
Thanks for the welcome message.
I am working on Soul of the Dragon Seer and I have a few questions. First, this is going to be a campaign, rather than one stand-alone quest. I therefore am trying to figure out how to organize it, since I don't see any pages like that in the quest section. Should it instead go in the "Campaign World" section? Should the adventures that make up this campaign go in subpages, or have their own pages? Should NPCs and items be in subpages?
I am also curious if this sort of article is even something you want on the wiki. It is more extensive than a stand-alone quest, so I am not sure if another DM would be as likely to use it. Thanks for the help/advice! --Jiyambi 16:20, 7 October 2008 (MDT)
- Adding it as a Campaign Setting would be the correct method. Each area of the Campaign world should have it's own page. A good example of how a CS should be organized can be found on any of the CS's which are rated 5. Hope this helps. --Green Dragon 11:28, 8 October 2008 (MDT)
- Eh, I'm still confused, because it sounds like you are talking about an article for the world itself, which I also plan to make. What I am talking about is a series of quests that make up an overall "campaign". Does that still go in the "Campaign Setting" section, even though its not really a setting? Thanks again for the advice :) -Jiyambi 12:38, 8 October 2008 (MDT)
- Ah, that makes sense. I'm wondering if there would still be a way to link it from the quest page, though, since folks could potentially set the adventure in some other setting. But from what I understand, the article has to have (3.5e Quest) in the title to show up on that page. Hmmm... --Jiyambi 12:58, 9 October 2008 (MDT)
- EDIT: On closer examination, it looks like its based on categories. That is really neat. I'll try some reorganizing then. --Jiyambi 13:03, 9 October 2008 (MDT)
Hey thanks for answering my question about Skirmish, now one of my players has another question.... It says that an animal cannot have an intelligence of above 2, in fact the exact wording is "a creature with an intelligence greater than 2, is not an animal." And it says that magical beasts are like animals except that they can have an intelligence of 3 or higher. The question he poses, is what would happen if when his dire hawk animal companion gained 4 or 8 hit dice, if he could increase its Int to 3. Is this possible as animals cannot have that high of intelligence, or would it become a magical beast. He thinks it might be similar to an int of 3 being a prerequisite to become a magic beast; thus from then on the companion simply takes levels in "magical beast" What are your thoughts on how this works or if its even possible? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Robbomb116 (talk • contribs) 13:57, 17 October 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- I think all your questions are answered here: Bagheera and here: Bagheera. --Aarnott 21:38, 17 October 2008 (MDT)
Thanks for fixing my campaign setting's pages, still new so I don't know all the conventions :) I will be sure to use "Aegir Supplement" from now on. --Jiyambi 10:49, 20 October 2008 (MDT)
- Glad to help :). Also, I changed the breadcrumb to have the campaign setting's identifier as well, so watch out when you are creating a new page that you add the new name. --Green Dragon 10:53, 20 October 2008 (MDT)
- I will be sure to do so. I also hunted down my few remaining links and changed them to the new format. --Jiyambi 11:26, 20 October 2008 (MDT)
- Oh, one further question - should quests set specifically in this setting have the (3.5e Quest) identifier, or the (Aegir Supplement) identifier? Currently I am just using the quest one, since I include info for adapting the quest to other settings. --Jiyambi 11:27, 20 October 2008 (MDT)
- The "(3.5e Quest)" identifier would be correct. And, if I remember correctly, your quest has the two breadcrumbs, the one for the Quest area and the other for the Aegir setting area, right? If so it is good. --Green Dragon 12:32, 20 October 2008 (MDT)
Hi there! I've been trying to create a class and... Well, I'm doing horrible at it, all of the language stuff is making me confused x_x I can get a bulk of it, but I don't want the idea I have to simply break down into nothing, could you help me out? As well, if my work is er... How shall I say... Crumbling, how can I go about deleting it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nevermore (talk • contribs) 15:53, 23 October 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts.
- I'm not completely sure what you asking... But if you want it deleted take a look at Category:Candidates for Deletion, that should help answer your questions. If that is too confusing, I can help you out. What's the name of this class? --Green Dragon 10:03, 24 October 2008 (MDT)
Question About Maps
I wanted to know the rules formats and policies on posting maps on the site. I have a few relatively good ones and wanted to know what you had to say before I posted. --Moon Sugar Vehk 08:52, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Their are no limitations on what maps can be uploaded, if that is what you are asking. --Green Dragon 10:32, 27 October 2008 (MDT)