Talk:Rabbitfolk (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Rabbits Foot racial trait is OP.
Re: Rabbit's Foot
Maybe it is OP. I wasn't sure what to try on this. Maybe a reroll instead of a miss. That should be fine, right?
- I think the concern is that it would effectively mean the rabbitfolk is immune to critical hits (unless they take more than one in a turn). I think that using up your reaction is fine, but there are classes that use reactions less than others. Here are some options
- Like you say, make it a re-roll.
- Make it a normal hit (nicer for the DM, s/he's already got enough going on without being interrupted to make a re-roll)
- Reduce the damage by 2d6 (still a reroll but puts the onus on the player)
- Put a short rest recharge on it. Marasmusine (talk) 01:18, 28 June 2015 (MDT)
Added the short rest requirement.
Decided to change to a normal hit. Figured it would be best to make a small change that doesn't require more dice rolling.
Ok, so, Press Your Luck really bothers me for some reason. Something about having advantage against the game's core death mechanic really gets under my skin. It sets off my imbalance alarm bells, but I'm not really sure why. Whether a character is dead or unconscious, either way they're out of the fight, and it isn't like a character actually dying has any impact on game balance whatsoever- it just feels wrong to me though. On the other hand, the name really just... feels right for the race! It really does encourage the player to press their luck! --Kydo (talk) 17:31, 21 September 2016 (MDT)