Talk:Pathiel (5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
- Hit points: 230 hp, (one damage immunities) 230 hp x 1.25 = (287.5) so we can say 288 hp (CR 15)
- AC is 20 + 2 + 1 (magic resistance an parry). This is a difference of 5 from the expected AC. We adjust the DCR up by (5÷2) = (2.5) so we can say that it is CR 3
- Defensive Challenge Rating: (CR 18)
- Best average damage for one round is (two ). So we factor that in by taking the average over three rounds. ( + + ) ÷ 3 = (). This gives us an OCR of and an expected attack bonus of +.
- The actual attack bonus is +6, so we adjust the OCR up by (÷2) = () so no effect.
- Offensive Challenge Rating: (CR )
- Final CR is (+)÷2 = CR .
- Azernath (talk) 01:52, 21 April 2015 (MDT)
- Hey Marasmusine, I got a question. How do we treat magical weapons on creatures? and what effect do they have on the Challenge Rate? Azernath (talk) 01:54, 21 April 2015 (MDT)
- It doesn't change the CR.
- I wonder if Parry could work like the fighter's Parry / monk's Catch Missile (i.e. a damage reduction rather than AC up) Marasmusine (talk) 02:12, 21 April 2015 (MDT)
- It wouldn't be parry but maybe it could still work as flinch defense or reflex protection, but what is the number should we add to it and how to calculate it? In the creatures who I saw that have parry, the plus to AC was equal to the Dexterity modifier. Azernath (talk) 21:15, 21 April 2015 (MDT)
- Lets see if the CR is correct, then I will lower it is much as I can. Azernath (talk) 11:37, 11 December 2015 (MST)