- "Your speed is 25. This goes down to 20 when wearing Heavy Armour. (Remember you are made completely out of wood.)"
- 5e SRD:Armor Qualities: "[Heavy] armor reduces the wearer’s speed by 10 feet unless the wearer has a Strength score equal to or higher than the listed score."
If I'm wearing splint armor with a Strength less than 15, is my speed 20 ft. or 15 ft.? Marasmusine (talk) 09:41, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- What is the effect of Blend In?
- Advantage against all spells is really powerful; tips this into overpowered.
- Monster Manual dryads are fey. Is this race fey, or humanoid? Marasmusine (talk) 09:45, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Could you provide a source for the image? SirSprinkles (talk) 04:48, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
- Assuming this race is treated as Fey, maybe it could be more balanced to replace Magic Resistance with the elf's Fey Ancestry trait. Or maybe Magic Resistance could be something the dryad gains at a higher level, not immediately at 1st level. Magic Resistance could also be replaced with some sort of monk-style Unarmored Defense trait, since I don't believe dryads typically ever wear man-made clothing. Other thoughts include:
- Dryads have 60 ft. Darkvision in the MM, so maybe add that here as well?
- Maybe have a dryad magic trait, where the dryad starts off with the druidcraft cantrip, and then learns a couple innate spells from its MM version at 3rd and 5th level (entangle at 3rd level, barkskin or shillelagh at 5th, etc...), similar to how the drow magic trait does it.
- Blend In could simply give advantage on Stealth checks made to hide among trees or other vegetation. Clockwerk66 (talk) 09:38, 5 September 2017 (MDT)
- I think those changes should be made. I'm also not sure about photosynthesis (although calling hit points "health" always rubs me up the wrong way). The recovery is on an hourly basis, which seems harmless enough, but on those scales you might just want to have it interact with short rests. Also: "if you aren't in sunlight for two days you will start to decay" - how does that work? If the party needs to travel into a megadungeon for a week, are you screwed? Marasmusine (talk) 12:13, 9 September 2017 (MDT)
ConcealedLight (talk) 14:29, 29 January 2018 (MST)