From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Kalbintion, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be found here. If your question does not fit into one of the above possibilities, or you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help pages also provide help in areas that have been decided as requiring additional explanation.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, policies are in effect. Most importantly, follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything and do not delete content. When posting, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. -- --Kydo (talk) 19:06, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- Thanks for what appears to be a standardized welcome message. Not my first time around on a wiki, nor will it be my last I'm sure. Kalbintion (talk) 20:25, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- Haha fair enough, only thing I really would need to possibly re-look at this time, is site specific styling guides. If one exists? Didn't see anything on the Help pages on it but may have just missed it. And to get some responses on my work on this page as well as its future. Also, I'm very to the point and blunt in my wording so I hope no offense is taken in that regard now or in the future by you or anyone. Kalbintion (talk) 21:31, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- What's been linked to in that greeting is pretty much what we use. A lot of our policies are just copypasta from wikipedia. I recently added Precedent (DnD Guideline) to give SOME sort of a baseline for which editors can use to judge their own work, and that of others. Because it's new, it hasn't been incorporated in as a "sure thing" yet. 90% of the users probably haven't even seen it! One thing that isn't put in black and white: On the homebrew pages, we expect users to use the same sort of tone and terminology as the corebooks for the game/edition the content is being written for. You don't need to be spot-on for tone, but terminology is a big deal. (So, if we ever do decide to add OD&D, BECMI, or AD&D to our wiki, be aware that gygaxian language will probably be enforced in gaming terms there.) --Kydo (talk) 23:03, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- Alright, well, for the moment I'm just working on cleaning up that particular page and not re-typing the language used on the page, but if I do end up going that route in the future for my own homebrew stuff, I will definitely read that page over in greater detail. Kalbintion (talk) 23:59, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
Hi Kalbintion. Just really wanted to pop in and say both 'Hi', and that I'm really impressed with the work you've done so far on the NoF page, the edits are so colossal that Mediawiki just crashes before giving me a proper summary of some of your edits. I know relatively little about that whole section, so I've not weighed in at the moment. But if Green Dragon doesn't give you a proper reply soon, I'll have a real look and see if I can be of any help. Thank you! --SgtLion (talk) 06:07, 26 September 2016 (MDT)
Holy. Freakin'. Cow. -163,000 and more???? And that page is outlandishly colossal! You, sir, are a titan for even attempting to tackle that thing! I didn't even know that was on the wiki! If you finish that project, you'd deserve a star. I'd help, but it's been years since I touched 3.5e, and I was never a fan of feats to begin with. I do wish you good luck on it though! --Kydo (talk) 06:29, 26 September 2016 (MDT)
- Thanks to you both, I am looking forward to getting that page possibly deleted in the long run if what Green Dragon said on that pages talk page is where it was intended to head towards. With each feat being an individual page etc. but definitely have those questions still on the talk page for it to really get to know where that project was intended to go towards. I hope to hear from Green Dragon soon on that so I can continue. I personally love Pathfinder and 3.5e isnt too far away in the system, so a lot of the campaigns ive played are between those two versions. Have quite a bit of experience with the general rules of both versions and currently am in a 3.5e (slight homebrew) campaign now. Kalbintion (talk) 00:03, 2 October 2016 (MDT)
Netbook of Feats
Hello, I was reading the recent changes when a NboF page caught my eye because it is released under the OGL. Under the circumstances, I believe the NboF constitutes a publication, and as such falls under the d20 OGC Publication Transcription Project, and suggest that the NboF be "converted" into a publication (which is actually easy enough) and the feat pages made to match my example (ignore the broken footers - I'll fix them tomorrow). Although, if the NboF contains any unoriginal content found in other professional OGL-published sourcebooks, I suggest links be provided to the original (after being transcribed to here) instead of making duplicates. If you need help, let me know.--GamerAim (talk) 20:38, 18 November 2016 (MST)
- What page in particular? Any and all content on the individual feat pages are made to match, if they don't already, what was found on The Netbook of Feats Version 12.4 of the Netbook of Feats. With the formatting taken from existing NBoF feat pages initially designed by Green Dragon some years back. See here for some communications that happened in regards to that particular page and my movement forward on the feat pages. Kalbintion (talk) 21:31, 18 November 2016 (MST)
- Quick edit: Also see DnD Netbook of Feats where there was a project in relations to NBoF started by Green Dragon. Kalbintion (talk) 21:33, 18 November 2016 (MST)
- Edit: I just realized I don't care about the Neatbook of Feats right now, and since I realized it technically all falls under homebrew, I probably won't ever. I do still think you should clean it up, since a) the template is outdated, b) it looks kind of weird, and c) I'm not sure the copyright notice is OGL compliant. Feel free to make variants of my OGC templates to suit your needs. Maybe even a nice sidebar navbox? IDK. I'm sure you'll figure it out :) But still, if you need any help with anything, let me know.--GamerAim (talk) 07:57, 19 November 2016 (MST)
I dare you to do a Stained Glass Golem. --188.8.131.52 14:23, 11 February 2017 (MST)
I want you to create a Stained Glass Golem. --184.108.40.206 17:45, 15 February 2017 (MST)
- I understand that, but in what edition, for what style of play? Kalbintion (talk) 18:41, 16 February 2017 (MST)
5th edition. --220.127.116.11 13:17, 18 February 2017 (MST)