Talk:The Netbook of Feats Version 12.4 of the Netbook of Feats
From D&D Wiki
- Agreed. Far too long. Over three times as long as the Number 2 article listed on the Longest Pages. Load time is insane. Not a very well formatted Article name either. Would be better broken down as a Category that links to the individual articles of the feats. 19:17, 29 August 2014 (MDT)
Since I am working on cleaning up this page, if you see anything wrong with the page as it is, feel free to fix it yourself or reply to this indicating what was wrong. There may be some questions I have about the source material as well since I am not 100% familiar with every single feat available in the NBoF, so I am looking for someone to definitely review my cleanup to make sure everything is still in line with what it should be and nothing got lost or cleaned up incorrectly. The bigger parts that may have been lost in cleanup might have been the tables, so those would definitely need to be looked at. I have not touched anything in regards to text descriptions of feats, so those should be as they were originally. Kalbintion (talk) 14:51, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- Alright, made a second larger pass over the page instead of just editing sections (hoping to minimize history clutter on that regard). I'm fairly confident 90% of the page has been sorted on tables and links, however, I do need someone with a bit more knowledge on the NBoF to look over the following feats:
- Slander, The DC to achieve seems a bit odd, takes a dc of 1 to go from hostile to hostile?
- Track Spirits, This table was a bit odd when I saw it on the second pass, the letters "HD" was marked for a separate table data tag compared to the +1 to DC every, then the words "round," "minute," "hour," and "day" were also in their own separate table data tag compared to the number prefixed to the word.
- Hopefully though this page loads much faster for people, as I have already noticed an improvement myself. Even though this page is still stupidly large. I am very interested in knowing where to go from here what the community thinks if this page should be broken up into its own pages (with perhaps its own namespace) or what. This page could be more of a brief overview with the ToC and brief feat descriptions but everything afterwards could be its own page. Kalbintion (talk) 16:23, 15 September 2016 (MDT)
- This page should actually be more merged on DnD Netbook of Feats. Under "feats" the old version is still listed, but putting the updates and the new feats onto this list as a noted feat of this new version, is the best way to integrate this page. Is this the direction that you were looking at moving this page to? Are there any questions that you have about how this is done? I think that with this method, this page will work efficiently. --Green Dragon (talk) 14:56, 16 September 2016 (MDT)
- Ah I actually forgot about that pages existence, its how I ended up here initially onto this page. Could you care to explain a bit more on what you mean by the old version being listed still? The individual page for a particular feat may be outdated due to the 12.4 update from 12.2, or said feat may have been added since then? I do feel like this is where I wanted to move this page towards, however I definitely have some questions in regards to why on the DnD_Netbook_of_Feats page there are red links related to 12.2 and the sublinks below that. Did this wiki want a comprehensive listing of changes done based on version? If so, wouldn't that be better appropriate for maybe a change log or history section of individual feats indicating what got changed and why in a particular version? Kalbintion (talk) 19:35, 16 September 2016 (MDT)
- Years later just happened upon this again. Everyone okay with me cutting it down to individual pages? Way too long. 18:53, 18 November 2016 (MST)