From D&D Wiki
- 1 Sourcebooks and indexes?
- 2 Phoenix v0.1
- 3 Please
- 4 Hello
- 5 Hi
- 6 Keep em coming guys
- 7 Categories
- 8 Admin Cat change...
- 9 Updating Check Boxes
- 10 Checklist of Updates and Revisions
- 11 Homebrew Occupations?
- 12 Homebrew to-do list
- 13 Add Homebrew Skills?
- 14 Elven Avenger...
- 15 How do I make an animal?
- 16 Home brew skill. Craft: Tailoring
- 17 aging
Sourcebooks and indexes?
I realized that there is no section for sourcebooks or indexes for D20M, they should be added, as I feel that there is a lot of sourcebook-like content that already exists, and things like indexes could include lists of firearms, because there are a ton of those. It may not be used often, but it would be used. --Kanon (talk) 12:32, 17 June 2020 (MDT)
- There isn’t a quests section either, D20M is in need of some maintenance to have a better function. --Kanon (talk) 13:13, 17 June 2020 (MDT)
I have a free d20 Modern expansion pack that I've been working on. It's a superhero system, the goal of which is to maintain total d20 compatibility and be an expansion pack, not a standalone product. You can find it here (http://members.shaw.ca/orionuk/Phoenix.v0.1.pdf). There are seven chapters.
Ch1 "Building a Hero" (character creation).
Ch2 "Classes" (superhero classes, built on the D&D model)
Ch3 "Skills" (the d20 Modern skills, arranged by class)
Ch4 "Feats" (a complete list of all D&D and d20 Modern feats, with some Psionic feats thrown in, and 40+ pages of original feats)
Ch5 "Powers" (50+ pages of superhero-style powers, from Flight to Extra Limbs to Webbing)
Ch6 "Combat and Movement" (fighting with superstrength, swinging, fighting in zero-G)
Ch7 "Running the Game" (the GMing chapter, notes on superheroes as a genre, tips on running any RPG)
Please feel free to download the game! It's a hobby project. If you email the address listed in the Introduction, I will send you any and all updates to the system that I make in the future. Updates come out every six weeks or so, or when I feel like avoiding my dissertation.
Please add a section for Advanced Classes. Modern class structure follows the order of:
- Base Class
- Advanced Class
- Prestige Class
Advanced Classes are 10 levels, Prestige Classes are 5 levels. Base classes do not change often, though there have been (a couple) variant base classes created. The most customization of classes takes place in Advanced Classes. ~ ShadoStahker, WotC Modern board member
- I added it, thank you for telling me that. I do not play D20 Modern often, so...
- No problem, thanks for putting it up. I know a couple people on the WotC boards are also interested in a NPCs section (may be a good idea for the D&D part too). As well, there may be interest in a "talent trees" section for fan-made base class talent trees (if you aren't familiar, they're similar to class-specific feat trees, for base classes only). ~ ShadoStahker
- NPCs... There's a link to such a wiki here: [link broken, removed]
- Actually, there's DnD NPCs there as well. --PsiSeveredHead 21:26, 15 February 2006 (MST) WotC board member
My name is Wolfen , some of you may remember me from the WotC boards, anyway I'm the admid for the D20 modern section so any questions or requests can be directed at me, thank you.
- Hey Wolfen. The only thing I can think of is a "Talent Trees" section. I personally don't use expanded talent trees, but I know some do. They may fit under "Variant Rules", though. Also, the main page is now unlocked. I don't know if you'd want to lock it again, but I'd assume so. ~ ShadoStahker
- You are correct expanded talent trees should go under varient rules -Wolfen
This is blackknight5k from the wotc boards, how's it going? Anyways, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to more organize d20 modern with something like "d20 past, d20 modern, d20 future" because I know no one likes to go through d20 past stuff to get to a new mecha, or something like that. It might not be a problem now, but it might become a little cluttered if this wiki takes off.
- neccesity... as of late i hae become rather busy, finding a job, kingdom hearts 2, important stuff like that. but maby latter this week the d20 modern page will get a major update. as for sections for past and future, submissions should be marked for modern, past, or future. - Wolfen
- Em Back... Well the update I promised is done, and I updated my campaign setting, it is good to see all the material has been posted since green dragon and I concived this section and then handed it over to me. My hope is that as this game grows and evolves community support and creativity will grow as well, and remember the only stupid idea is the one not acted upon. - Wolfen
- I agree with blackknight5k we need to break down d20 Modern into d20 Past, d20 Modern, d20 Future, and most all d20 Apocalypse. These variations are core to d20 Modern and if they sub-catagories are implemented now it will stop confusion in the future. -- Sepsis 18:15, 7 February 2007 (MST)
- The category right now is D20M for modern stuff. It would be easy enough to use D20P for past, D20F for future, and D20A for apocalypse. And the shorthand would be kept. Do we want to do it this way or the longer way (spelling out modern, past, etc.)? I personally prefer the shorthand... --EldritchNumen 02:03, 9 February 2007 (MST)
- Shorthand. When I posted that I did not think of good "Shorthands" so I just wrote them long. Good thinking and the Shorthands should be used. --Green Dragon 12:40, 11 February 2007 (MST)
Keep em coming guys
I'm very pleased with the amount of matirial that is getting posted (the oil elemental is very sweet), I'm working on more stuff my self but job huntinh has priority right now. -Wolfen
Are there any D20 modern categories? Virtually none of the pages have categories or "return to" bars. I'll start to add some, but I need to know what categories there are and (if there are none) what should be made (besides the obvious: D20 modern feats, classes, etc.). Help? --EldritchNumen 14:50, 18 December 2006 (MST)
- To be honest, I really don't care that much about D20M. I don't play it, and I only added it to this site as an afterthought. So... when a new item is posted, or when the D&D section of D&D Wiki changes, I do not change the D20M section to reflect the D&D change. This section is a very primitive version of the D&D section. If you would like, go ahead and update it, and try to make it like the D&D section. If you have any questions of what categories are correct for what please feel free to ask me. --Green Dragon 15:55, 18 December 2006 (MST)
Admin Cat change...
Could an admin please change the category of this page from "D20Modern" to "D20 Modern". The second category will be the one used for all the D20 Modern pages. Thanks! --EldritchNumen 03:49, 19 December 2006 (MST)
- I changed the category; but not to what you wanted. I think all D20M material should be under D20M category, not D20 Modern. I changed it to reflect this. Will this work for your modernization of D20 Modern? Now for the reason: In the begginging of the D&D section of this site, all the cateories were Category:Dungeons and Dragons, and as the D&D seciton changed all the categories became Category:DnD (Even though many are still part of Category:Dungeons and Dragons). So, since you are bringing this up to date, all the categories should be brought up to date. I hope I made sense... --Green Dragon 15:02, 19 December 2006 (MST)
Updating Check Boxes
I changed the equipment splash page. It can have a green check mark now. I'll fix up the rest in the coming days. :) --EldritchNumen 02:00, 9 February 2007 (MST)
- Feats now, also. --EldritchNumen 03:35, 10 February 2007 (MST)
- And Races and FX Abilities. All have been updated to mirror the DnD pages. --EldritchNumen 03:45, 10 February 2007 (MST)
- For the classes description on this page, the "and NPC..." should be removed. There are not NPC classes in D20 Modern. --EldritchNumen 21:04, 10 February 2007 (MST)
The actual pages need a dlpc header so they show up on the "With Descriptions" pages Since the MSRD has been added all the MSRD classes need to be linked to here just like DnD Classes.
- the "By type" pages need to be made with dlpcu's.
- This needs to be like DnD Equipment with the table (maybe?).
- Shouldn't these be organized into general categories than put into wikitables (like DnD Feats)?
- FX Abilities
- They need to be broken up by class than (so it is more advanced than DnD Feats) into dpl's by level.
- This is all I can think of now, and I am sorry if this is a lot (I left all the harder ones to be done later :)). If you want help ask and I will be more than willing to help. --Green Dragon 13:08, 11 February 2007 (MST)
- I'm going to put off working on the equipment and FX Abilities for now, since there is almost no content there. It can be updated later, if necessary. For now the simply DPLC lists I've implemented should work. Classes is first up for work; I'm actually finally getting there on some of the things to do. Next up will be races and, as I go, fixing all the tables into the "d20" class (I'm doing this as I go, for the most part). --EldritchNumen 02:04, 13 February 2007 (MST)
- Okay. So far classes looks better than before. Good work so far. --Green Dragon 22:04, 13 February 2007 (MST)
Checklist of Updates and Revisions
- Add preload functions:
- D20 Modern Classes:
Add dplcus for classes by type. Make the MSRD links link to only the class type in question with their own dlp page while not linking to Classes (MSRD).
- Update all tables to d20 class.
Update all categories to newest system.
- Change all the pages to the formatting used in the preload (the very old pages are just haphazardly thrown together, and it doesn't look very professional).
- Make a D20 Modern specific creature template (with Massive Damage Threshold, etc.).
- Major overhaul of D20 Modern Races; it needs to look like the DnD version, with LA categories, an "All" page, etc.
- This is mainly just for me, and will grow as other important things come up. But feel free to add things if they come up. —EldritchNumen 17:03, 20 February 2007 (MST)
- Some of this is going to be a pain to do without the ability to edit the MSRD. For example, the categories should be renamed, and the pages need to be split (there needs to be just a MSRD:Basic Classes page, that has the category "Basic Class (MSRD)", etc. Otherwise setting up some of the pages, such as the class splash page, can't be done with any sort of efficiency or order (see 2B above about classes, for example)... --EldritchNumen 15:13, 21 February 2007 (MST)
- Hm... All I can say is ask Dmilewski as he is in charge of the MSRD or just go for an RfA. --Green Dragon 11:43, 22 February 2007 (MST)
- I removed all the checks and x's from the page, primarily to make it look better. Is this okay? I figured I know pretty well what still has to be updated, and I'm keeping a running list here, so we don't need to clutter the home page with it... what do you think? —EldritchNumen 00:06, 9 March 2007 (MST)
- I only speak for myself however it should be okay. Since you have taken over D20M I am sure you know what needs to be done. Removing the X's is a good move so visitors understand their is content even though X's used to be their. --Green Dragon 10:48, 9 March 2007 (MST)
Please do add a category for homebrew occupations, I have some I'd like to share. 18.104.22.168 04:31, 1 June 2008 (MDT)
- Done. Enjoy! :) —EldritchNumen 13:27, 2 June 2008 (MDT)
Homebrew to-do list
We definitely need to sort out the re organisation of the classes at least... --Sabre070 16:05, 14 November 2008 (MST)
Add Homebrew Skills?
Please add a category for homebrew skills, I have some ideas that I would like to share. -Sarrow 23:08, 8 February 2009 (MST)
I have an elven avenger and I need help on any homebrewing abilities that anyone can think of. Please help, Vega Theren...
How do I make an animal?
Ok so i have no clue how to do this but i want to make an Exploding Chicken animal for D20M Apocalypse and all i know is that its a regular chicken that explodes when within 15ft of any nonchaotic for 1d6 damage at a range of 20ft. they have a total health of 3. they also are weak and are just mobile... firecracker i guess would be the best way of puting it. my DM said to just put it on here cause he wants to see what others think. thanks! --Ozzy1234567890 20:43, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- What do you mean by make it? There aren't really any rules to govern exploding chickens, so you will pretty much have to make them up yourself. I would say start with a chicken (might have to steal the stats from D&D (if they exist) or create your own), and just add a special quality called Explode. The explosion would probably require a reflex save for half damage (DC = 10 + chicken's Con mod). Probably more more than a CR 1/2 or 1. JazzMan 19:10, 23 January 2011 (MST)
Home brew skill. Craft: Tailoring
Basically what i want to do with this class is enable my players to make stuff like vests, coats, bags, bullet proofs vests, those kinds of things. I have a decent idea of everything but my problem is my mind runs blank when i try to figure out the size encreasments, how much it would weight, and how many TU it would be worth. I also am running out of ideas for which this could be useble too. Please help me with this. - - Sam Fullerton (Ozzy1234567890's DM)
- Well, just look at the standard crafting rules and go from there. Every item your players can make need a wealth DC, a craft DC, and a creation time. Technically, tailoring would only be good for items of clothing, most of which your players won't care about. You might expand it to textiles, allowing them to make anything out of cloth. So any cloth armor, back packs, special clothing, and so on would be game. JazzMan 20:25, 2 February 2011 (MST)
- We were thinking more like what OTHER people think some of these things should be (the more spacific, the better). That way its more likely to be ballenced and the like. --Ozzy1234567890 08:09, 3 February 2011 (MST)
- So your players are tailoring to make money? That's just a Profession check, not a craft check. If you have to put a price on it, they wouldn't be any different than the prices already listed for clothing. Other than that, tailoring just plain isn't that practical of a skill in a straight-up modern game. (How often in the movies does the hero stop from his assault on the bad guys to tailor a suit?) I mean, what would "other" people thing of a bag or a coat?
- I'm not sure what you mean by size increasing -- you mean your characters want to make clothing for larger characters? The same applies as to what I said above: you need to make a wealth DC, a craft DC and a creation time. Off the top of my head, clothing might way 50% more each time you increase it's size (so a 10lb medium jacket is 15lbs large, 22lbs huge, 33 lbs gargantuan). JazzMan 21:33, 3 February 2011 (MST)