Talk:Carcharial (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
5th edition doesn't have a "stunned" condition, so "Stun Susceptibilty [sic]" doesn't do anything, and stun is mentioned several times elsewhere.
5th edition doesn't have "free actions", so sharkbite needs adjusting.
What does this score on the Marasmusine Meter?
- Swim speed, underwater adaptation (0.33)
- Weapon proficiencies (0.33)
- Cantrip (0.33)
- Language (0.2)
- Total for base race: 1.2
- Bull Shark:
- SharkBite (1) - an extra magical 1d6+Str damage once or more per turn. The number of uses can be as high as 10, although it doesn't say when they recharge this is enough to qualify as a "strong benefit almost all the time".
- Toughness (0.5)
- Final push doesn't say what it does, so I will give it a provisional (0.33)
- Great White
- 5 x ASIs on top of the standard (2.5)
- Darkvision (0.5)
- Damage immunity (1). Thunder damage isn't common, but immunity is quite powerful.
- Saving throw advantage (0.33) (all forms against narrow subset).
- Climb speed (0.33)
- Fast speed (0.2)
- Skill proficiency (0.33)
- Ability score swap, extra jump distance (0.33)
- Circumstantial skill advantage (0.33)
- Tiger Shark
- Condition immunity (1), rolling in related damage resistance
- Inescapable jaws. Do not know what "or a free action when you roll a 20 on the d20" means, and the trait does not explain what happens when creatures fail the saving throw. As this seems to be some kind of AoE, I will provisionally score it (0.5)
- Two skill proficiencies (0.66)
- Circumstantial condition immunity (0.5)
- Bullshark = 3
- Great White = 3.7
- Hammerhead = 3
- Mako = 2.7
- Tiger Shark = 3.8