Talk:Aran-iods (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Maybe make them the Construction type. Have a look at Constructs in the Monster Manual to see what traits should be used. I also suggest:
- Electronic Susceptibility. If you take lightning damage, you must make a DC 15Constitution saving throw. If you fail you are stunned for 1 round.
- Indefinite Information. You have proficiency with Intelligence (History) checks. (Advantage is circumstantial, should apply to all checks of one type).
I don't quite get how they are created by a person, and yet are numerous enough to form a civilization with social classes. Did that one person create all of them? Were they programmed to have social classes? If they are robotic, why are the peasants worried about food? Marasmusine (talk) 16:23, 12 February 2016 (MST)
- What does "Ability Score Increase. Gain proficiency from two of the following: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity, Strength, Constitution, Wisdom" mean?
- How can alignment be "nothing", not even unaligned? Are they incapable of motivations and decisions? What if the background I choose gives me an ideal with an alignment?
- It says that their movement speed is "cut in half" in water - the the rulebook already says that you move at half rate while swimming, and water deep enough to wade through is difficult terrain also.
- Why not use Darkvision instead of Nightvision?
- Creator's Will isn't a trait. It's some kind of enforced behaviour. It seems that your player will become an NPC if this "creator" is around.
- Have you thought about how this interacts with backgrounds? Marasmusine (talk) 13:23, 26 February 2016 (MST)
What counts as the "native language" of the creator? SirSprinkles (talk) 13:04, 29 February 2016 (MST) Native language? Like, Lets say your creator is an dragonborn, you would know Draconic.--Vex Paladin (talk) 16:53, 29 February 2016 (MST)
Wow, thank you! You'r making things more clear to me, and you helping I could make the race more viable. If i need to do any more tweaking, just say. --Vex Paladin (talk) 17:54, 27 February 2016 (MST)
Like i said in there before, and i could do a better job explaining it, but, Your creator will build you with a personality that corresponds with your reason for being alive. If he was evil, and built you for an evil intent, your personality would be of that of evil. Though, I need help rewording and making the personalities better.--Vex Paladin (talk) 15:32, 8 March 2016 (MST)
Everyone's movement is already cut in half in water, unless it is otherwise specified. So a human that has 30 ft would only be able to go 15 in water. Since an Aran-iod is a robot, it takes half of the half--Vex Paladin (talk) 03:42, 10 March 2016 (MST)
- Movement is always in increments of 5 feet. Do this: "Your swimming speed is 10 feet. You have disadvantage on Athletics or Endurance checks made while swimming."
- I'm uneasy with features that hinder travel. This doesn't effect just you, it effects the whole party, as they have to slow down so you can keep up. I would scrap the movement reduction and just have the disadvantage I described above. Marasmusine (talk) 03:50, 10 March 2016 (MST)
For the purposes of balancing, because the idea is really interesting and I'd like to be able to play through it without being OP, could we not reconsider the +3 Intelligence modifier for all Aran-iods regardless of background? It would appear, to me at least, that if it were +2 for the stat(s)your background is the most dependant on (for example, +2 Wisdom because you were made to be a Doctor or +1 Strength +1 Constitution because you were a Construction Android) would be more suitable. --Xaviota (talk) 12:37, 20 September 2016 (MDT)