Talk:Alpha Radiation (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
Some quick comments:
- This is heavily overpowered and broken for the following reasons:
- Note that in 5th edition, cantrips do not use a spell slot. Considering that, a potential 5-minute, area-of-effect insta-polymorph would be too strong. Note that polymorph is a 4th-level spell.
- Only somatic component? No verbal, no material, nothing? This makes a very overpowered spell for a stealth-based campaigns.
- The duration is fixed as 5 minute, flat? No concentration or whatever? Just one simple Constitution saving throw? Note that many "crowd control"-type spells in 5th edition have concentration, which can be broken anytime.
- The range is "20-foot-cube", but where does it start? If you don't specify it, chances are you will be the center of the cube, which means you are subject to your own spell.
- Oh yeah, and what is this "Formorian"? It would be very hard to use if I do not know what is the result of the spell.
- Speaking of definition, the spell description is kinda circular. A spell named "Alpha Radiation"... that "releases a radioactive ray of Alpha Radiation". That's like saying a mushroom looks like a mushroom. It doesn't provide anything to explain what it is.