Ring, uncommon (requires attunement)
While wearing this ring, you gain a +1 bonus to saving throws.
Curse. This ring is cursed. Attuning to it curses you until you are targeted by the remove curse spell or similar magic. Removing the ring fails to end the curse on you. Whenever you take a short rest or long rest, roll a d10.
- You are aged by 1 year.
- A snake or other venomous creature bit you. You are poisoned for 1 hour.
- One mundane item you were carrying goes missing.
- You smell awful. You have disadvantage on Charisma (Pursuasion) checks until your next long rest.
- You have gone blind in one eye. You have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks until your next long rest.
- You become infected with cackle fever (see DMG p. 257).
- A gang of ruffians hired by a loan shark have tracked you down to collect a debt (that you forgot you had). Use a number of bandits (MM p. 343) or bandit captains (MM p. 344) appropriate for the players' level. The debt is 10 gp at level 1–4, 140 gp at level 5–10, 700 gp at level 11–16 and 3,500 gp at level 17+
- A nuisance suitor from your past has tracked you down to pursue his/her designs on you. Use Creating Nonplayer Characters (DMG p. 89) to generate this unwanted fiancée.
- Your rest was quite disturbed, and you do not receive the benefits from it.
- Roll on the Minor Detrimental Properties table (DMG p. 220). The property remains in effect for 1 day.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Magic Rings