Lizardfolk, Marshshadow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
They are proud and arrogant and are usually extremely hostile toward humans who trespass into the deep jungles,in their culture only the most powerful warrior rules the tribe.
Marshshadows usually stand 6 to 7 feet tall with green, dark bronze and gray scales to help them blend into the murky water.The Marshshadow has a crocodile like head,they are equipped with jagged teeth that can deliever a powerful bite that can crush bone, tear and fillet meat. Their eyes are a very deep yellow or sometimes orange. Their thick neck connect to a lean but surprisingly muscular body.They use their tail for balance and propeling itself through the water,the tail is about 3 to 4 feet long. Marshshadow's are sometimes surprisingly strong for their wiry frames.
Marsh shadows tend to keep to themselves, but of course they will do trade when in need of supplies or if given contracts to navigate people through the unforgiving swamps. Most people think of them as savages,for this reason people tend not to trust the marsh shadow.
Marsh shadows live very difficult lives so they generally care not for morals, their main concern is survival above all else.
They live in the Moonshadow Jungles and in the marshes of South Karma. Preferring to inhabit the bogs and the deadly jungles in the southern regions, these Green-scaled lizardfolk are well adapted to their semi-aquatic life. Like their animal cousins, marsh shadows often hunt by lieing half-submerged in the dark, reedy water of their homes, hoping to ambush any creature which wanders too close.
Most Duneswift Lizardfolk worship gods of the wilderness, such as Kephra God of Weather and animals.
They are the speakers of the Umbrese tongue. Which orginated in their homeland of the Moonshadow Jungles. Mainy also learn Draconic.
Lizardfolk names are invariably Draconic nouns with some relation to the swamp.
The Marshshadow lizardfolk have the following racial traits:
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: A marsh shadow's scaly skin provides it with a +2 natural armor bonus to its Armor Class.
- Natural Weapon: A Marsh Shadow's large and powerful jaws give it a 1d8 bite attack
- Tail: A marsh shadow's long tail gives it exceptional balance,granting it great jumping skill and helps propel it through the water ,a marsh shadow gains a +2 racial bonus on all Balance, and Swim checks.
- Camouflage: Marsh shadows' rough scale pattern and dark coloring give them a +2 to Hide checks in swampy environments.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and bumpy, scaly bodies, marsh shadows must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus languages: Aquan, Gnoll and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Druid
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||65 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'||+3d10||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|