Form Contract (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||12 hours|
|Components:||V, S, M (A Fiend and an item of at least 500 GP worth)|
You have the ability to trap a Fiend of CR 1 or lower inside a weapon, piece of armor, or a piece of jewelry. To do so, the caster must perform a 12 hour ritual that will have various effects, based on what item the Fiend is sealed in.
The item becomes more powerful as the wielder levels up.
Sentience: The Fiend retains its memories and personality, and can choose whether or not to help the caster. This makes keeping a good relationship with the Fiend a must. It also allows the caster to speak any languages the Fiend speaks and consult it telepathically about anything related to the lower planes, giving advantage in any Religion checks involving things such as the Demon Princes or Nine Circles of Hell.
Dark Armor: The Fiend provides a bonus to armor based on its CR. For example, an Imp sealed inside leather armor will have an AC of 11 + Dexterity modifier + 1 (the CR of an Imp).
- At level 15, the armor grows more powerful and now provides a protective buffer against attack. At the start of your turn, you gains 1d6 temporary hit points for CR 1. Increasing to 1d8 for CR 2, 1d10 for CR 3, and 1d12 for CR 4.
- At level 17, the armor gains even more power, and grants a resistance to slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning from non-magical weapons.
Hellish Weapon: The Fiend Provides a bonus to attack and damage based on its CR. For example, a Dagger would be 1d4 + Dexterity Modifier + 1, if a Imp were sealed inside it.
- At level 15, the power of the weapon increases. It now deals Necrotic damage based off of the CR of the Fiend. The Necrotic damage is 1d6 for CR 1. Increasing to 1d8 for CR 2, 1d10 for CR 3, and 1d12 for CR 4.
- At level 17, the weapon grows in power one more time. Once per turn, you gain temporary hit points equal to the amount of necrotic damage you deal after an attack. In addition, the necrotic damage ignores resistance.
Unholy Trinket: The Fiend allows the wielder to cast the spell Burning Hands as a 2nd level spell at will, without consuming spell slots or components. The spellcasting ability for these spells is Charisma and the wielder has a +1 bonus to the spell save DC and spell attack roll for these spells equal to the CR of the fiend.
- At level 15, the trinket allows the wearer to cast Scorching Ray as a 4th level spell without consuming a spell slot or components. It regains the ability to do so after a short or long rest.
- At level 17, it allows the user to cast Fireball as a 5th level spell without consuming a spell slot or components. It regains the ability to do so after a long rest.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 7th level slot or higher, the CR of the Fiend you can seal increases by one. CR 2 at 7th. CR 3 at 8th. CR 4 at 9th.