D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Kydo
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
(3/0/0) 100% Approval; Ended 08:22, 13 June 2016 (MDT)
Kydo has proven himself to be a helpful user, quite adept at fleshing out guidelines, and through working with means for users to understand their edits and D&D in general. I have seen Kydo helping out other users and giving constructive advice in friendly and (mostly) constructive ways, and as such I find that he will make a useful admin for users from every sphere on D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon (talk) 08:22, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: Moving pages to their correct name, applying categories to pages which have left those blank, removing excessive redirects, and cleaning spam and vandalism. These seem to be the most widespread problems, at least in the 5e section, and I've always wanted to help deal with these things. I also intend to make more of an effort with reviewing pages and posting reviewing/editing templates where necessary. (In particular, marking incomplete pages as WIP) --Kydo (talk) 10:07, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Centaur (5e Race) was an amazing project which took in the combined efforts of many users, both with and without accounts. It drew on resources which spanned centuries of mythology and decades of D&D content. It was both fun and frustrating, and for all our effort it turned out amazing. Slave (5e Background) wound up becoming a featured page and, like centaur, incorporates information spanning centuries of history, psychology, and the input of many users. It is one of the most unique backgrounds made for 5th edition. Subrace Human (5e Race Variant) was both a ton of fun and a ton of work, though the trans-racial subraces associated to it are still a work in progress. I have a list of 10 more I'd yet like to make! --Kydo (talk) 10:07, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I have definitely been in conflicts with other users. Admittedly, I have handled it with varying degrees of civility, though this stemmed mainly from not really knowing what to do or who to go to about such issues. After seeing our administrators in action, and after reading most of the Wikipedia guides on administrator intervention, I don't see myself feeling isolated and ineffective again. There is a whole team of people here ready and willing to help resolve disputes peacefully, and I'd be proud to join that team.
- Per above. --Green Dragon (talk) 08:22, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- Kydo can be trusted with the admin tools. My one reservation is that sometimes Kydo's responses can be a bit polemical: When he is communicating with his admin hat on, I ask that he adopts a more matter-of-fact tone. (Is that fair? I always feel terrible about giving personal criticism). Marasmusine (talk) 10:21, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- While we clearly have different fundamental views on a number of topics (isn't that a shocker? /s), I have no reason to oppose. My recommendations to him, should he adopt the mantle, echo Marasmusine's, although I won't make any further comment. --Jwguy (talk) 12:03, 6 June 2016 (MDT)
- Switched from oppose. Having taken another look, I'm not sure if I had mixed up edit histories, or what, but I see little reason to believe what I said earlier. Let's all joinedly scowl at past SgtLion with weird faces. --SgtLion (talk) 07:03, 12 June 2016 (MDT)
A-ah, geez, don't I feel bad? I'm not tryin' to be a black sheep!.. I hold nothing personal against Kydo - Having seen his edits and discussion, I considered nominating him myself in the past, but don't think he's ready yet. I think he's trustworthy, but I personally don't feel that Kydo has a strong enough grasp of the wiki practices. Best of luck, though; When this vote ends I'll need to go and appropriate him to my friendship group. And maybe apologise again. --SgtLion (talk) 14:28, 6 June 2016 (MDT)