Armor (plate), legendary (requires attunement)
While wearing this blood-red plate armor, you gain the following benefits:
- You gain resistance against necrotic damage.
- When you hit a creature with an unarmed strike, you can attempt to grapple the target instead of dealing damage against it.
- As an action, you can extract vital energy from a creature grappled by you. The creature must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d6 necrotic damage, and its hit point maximum is reduced by the same amount until it finishes a long rest. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage, and its hit point maximum is not reduced. You regain hit points equal to the necrotic damage dealt this way. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
If you are a vampire, you gain the following benefits as well, in addition to the benefits above:
- You do not take damage from sunlight or running water.
- The save DC for this armor's vital energy extract becomes 17, instead of 14. Additionally, a humanoid slain by the armor's vital energy extract rises the following night as a vampire spawn under your control.
Curse. Once you don this cursed armor, you cannot doff it unless you are a vampire, or you are targeted by the remove curse spell or similar magic.
For every hour while wearing this armor, you must make a DC 17 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, you take 3d6 necrotic damage, and your hit point maximum is reduced by the same amount until you finish a long rest. On a successful save, you take half as much damage, and your hit point maximum is not reduced. You die if this effect reduces your hit point maximum to 0. If you are a vampire, you automatically succeed on the saving thow, and you take no damage.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Magic Armor