From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Azzdan, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be asked here. If you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help:Portal also provides detailed explanation of information important specifically to this community.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, a number of policies are in effect. Most importantly, we follow and expect you to follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. As most work has multiple authors, please do not delete content without following our removal process. When posting a comment on a talk page, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. -- --Kydo (talk) 22:14, 10 October 2016 (MDT)
Hello, thanks for your contribtions to the Spelljammer setting! I do need help progressing with it, as I never played the original. However, I would like to avoid merely copying text from other sources. Marasmusine (talk) 12:21, 14 January 2017 (MST)
do you mind if I change how ship are made and combat it doesn't have the right feel of the orginal and I think we should go closer to the ships listed in the DMG \
- What exactly do you want to change? I put a lot of time and thought into how it works.
I'm working on something. your system is good but it changes things that the DMG already has stats for and as this is conversion to 5e we shouldn't change anything the is stated in the published books.
ships listed in the DMG have hitpoints and no components. this was also was not in the original books there was not hit locations. also no Constitution or Dexterity listed if a current rule does not exist for a ship stat then the rule from the original book should be used until an official 5E rule is published
- I don't understand. The DMG doesn't have any ships in it. What book are you talking about?
see page 119. no Constitution or Dexterity listed I am working on something the will convert ships from the original stats to the new ones. MC is what I'm looking at right now thought about a dex stat but based on what is in the DMG I think just adding the old MC rules in would be better. they did not want them to be creatures or they would have given them those stats.
- I also reject your idea that we can't use homebrew ship rules and that instead we should use old incompatible rules or no rules at all. Why can't we use Constitution to rate a ships integrity, and Dexterity to rate a ship's maneuverability? (I was actually using Ship Rating for a while until I realized there's no point in not using the existing 5e mechanics). Why can't a ship have hit locations? The DMG specifically says that we can divide Huge or larger objects into smaller sections (p. 147) for the purpose of tracking damage. Marasmusine (talk) 08:55, 6 February 2017 (MST)
I didn't say no rules at all just fall back to the rules that the original setting(updated to keep them inline with current rules) used if no rule exists currently. also your system does not have the same flow as combat did playing the original and that is more to the point. the point of a conversion is to make it playable with the new system not take a system from a different game and use that instead of the original ie (This system was heavily adapted from GURPS Spaceships) if that is your base system maybe it should be the conversion not Spelljammer. when converting a setting you should stay with the rules of the new setting or use rule from the Original not bring in rules from a 3rd setting.
- Also, I would like to ask, all these planets and so forth that you are adding, is it original material or is it copied from somewhere? I recognize some of the names from the original book. I don't want the setting to replace the original book as a campaign guide. Marasmusine (talk) 14:53, 4 February 2017 (MST)
Anything the is listed under Azzdanspace and Darkspace and Veltspace are systems I created. anything under realmsspace kynnspace clusterspaceand greyspace is going to be basic info only that show how those crystal shell were setups. anything that I add that is not cannon for those I will mark as homebrewed
- I'm interested to see your homebrew ships, you can post them using whatever statistics you have, then I'd like to have a go at using my ship creation system to replicate them. Marasmusine (talk) 02:48, 6 February 2017 (MST)
the Azer Hammership is for the most part just a regular hammer ship made of Brass and enchanted to withstand the heat of a fire body or the elemental plane of fire.
- Yes, but the Morkoth is a ship meant for sailing on water, not for Spelljamming. SirSprinkles (talk) 18:35, 9 February 2017 (MST)
the squid ship in spelljammer could sail on water to. the helm made a ship a spelljammer in fact most ships the pc's started of in from a ground campaign would have been a sailing ship. Are you trying to be difficult or have you never played Spelljammer. What is the problem with admitting that the official rules that are coming out do not fall in line with the system Marasmusine created. the page said it was a conversion to 5e therefore published rules should take the day if not then it is not a conversion and the page should be changed to stating it is a homebrew version of Spelljammer and I will be more than happy to start a conversion of the setting to 5th ed.--Azzdan (talk) 19:00, 9 February 2017 (MST)
- I might be a bit behind the times, have WoTC actually published any 5e spelljammer material? (Also anything here that is not in the SRD is de facto homebrew.) Marasmusine (talk) 11:53, 12 February 2017 (MST)
Thanks Azzdan. Don't forget to use a different category name, so things don't get mixed up, but by all means link to anything appropriate that I've already made (races, creatures), if I can do the same with anything you make. Marasmusine (talk) 11:52, 12 February 2017 (MST)