From D&D Wiki
Hey, you clicked on my username! Thanks... I guess?
Link to Help Page: Help:Portal
So Who is Hobogre?
Who am I!? How dare you not know my name! I'm only the most powerful, omnipresent being that has ever ruled over your tiny, miserable existence that you call a "life!!" Except I'm not... at all.
Hi, I'm Hobogre! I created my account on the 20th of February, 2017, if I'm recalling correctly. I used to come on this wiki all the time, even before I started playing D&D! I loved coming on here and reading some of the interesting and astounding things that people have handcrafted and shared with the rest of this community. Seeing all that drew me into this never-ending spiral of creativity that I've been stuck in since, which, at one point, got me inspired to join my friends in a D&D session where I'm now Zherran (or "Z"): a blind, tiefling, cleric of a God of Fate named Urd... it's not a ridiculously serious campaign.
I'm prone to go quiet and stalk this wiki for weeks at a time, but over the past couple of months, I've created some stuff that's worked and some other stuff that hasn't worked as nicely. Needless to say, I'm no expert at creating the perfect item in one go, and I don't really know anyone who is. I own up to this, and I'm not afraid to get elbows deep into a project or a discussion over a topic I want to discuss. So, knowing that, don't be afraid to tell me I'm wrong or that what I've created is trash - that's what I want to hear!
I don't intend on going anywhere for a while this summer, so I'm gonna let my imagination run wild and see what I can come up with (with the amazing help of everyone here and the lovely artwork I can find on Pinterest)!
Projects I Intend on Working On
|Rift Stone||Magical Item||Stone that teleports one to an attuned plane, but with no way to return.|
|Blade of the Martyr||Magical Sword||A sword wielded by a hero who sacrificed everything for their god.|
|Flesh Golem Gauntlets||Magical Armor||A set of gauntlets created from the stitched skin of a flesh golem.|
|Blade of the Death Lord||Magical Greatsword||Edgy greatsword covered in skulls.|
|Water Ring (...it's a WIP)||Magical Item||A ring that grants you some control of water, or something along those lines.|
A lot of this is subject to change, like names and effects, but I do want to get a lot of this done because I find homebrewing for D&D fun.
My Current Creations
- Armor of the Undead Legion Mundane-ish: Attire worn by a gang of warriors that sought to rid the Material Plan of the Abyss's influence.
- Ringed Knight Armor Magic: A set of half-plate armor makes its wearer resistant to fire damage at the expense of their own sanity.
- Aquamarine Dagger Magic: A dagger who's length can extend magically for a short period of time, effectively making it a magical shortsword.
- Bloodvenom Whip Magic: A whip that deals both poison and fire damage! WOW.
- Dancer's Enchanted Swords Magic: A magically linked pair of scimitars that deal dark and fire damage, respectively.
- Dragonslayer Swordspear, Variant Magic: A swordspear wielded by a banished god of lightning that can channel powerful lightning spells that simultaneously give the weapon a damaging electric charge.
- Legion Sestar Mundane: A longsword/glaive hybrid that allows its wielder to deal with enemies both close and farther away.
- Splitleaf Greatsword Mundane: A glaive-like weapon that can be used to deal devastating damage to a target, possibly stunning it.
- Staff of Rebirth Magic: A quarterstaff that allows one to come back into this world after dying at a high risk to their soul's safety.
- Storm Bringer Magic: A legendary blade imbued with the essence of lightning, bending storms to your will.
- Swordspear Mundane: A spear who's blade has been expanded, allowing for a variety of different moves to damage foes.
- Unholy Moonlight Magic: A greatsword imbued with the magical essence of corrupted moonlight that can deal a powerful AoE attack at the cost of Hit Points.
- Covetous Gold Serpent Ring Magic: A ring that increases the attuned wearer's luck with money.
- Covetous Silver Serpent Ring Magic: A ring that increases the attuned wearer's gained experience from combat.
Adventuring Equipment/Wondrous Items/Etc.
- Compass of the Trailblazer Wondrous Item: A compass that allows its user to not only navigate the wilderness, but have a small, illusory map of it as well.
- Mana Potion Potion: A potion distilled from unstable mana crystals, allowing spellcasters to regain spell slots with a possible, painful, psychic side effect.
- Planar Looking Glass Wondrous Item: A looking glass that allows one to peer into another plane.
- Stone Fists of the Ancients Gauntlets: A set of gauntlets that have various effects, depending on the alignment of runes built into rotating parts of the gauntlets.
- Wind Wheel Feat: Make two attacks with a far-reaching weapon, one spin attack and a downward strike from the air.
The Painted World: Equipment
- Crow Quills (5e Equipment). An enchanted rapier that magically grants its wielder the ability to wield it alongside four thin-edge blades, which have physical illusions of themselves be thrown.
- Quakestone Hammer (5e Equipment). A thick staff with a thick stone where the mace head should be that imbues its attuned wielder with the ability to slam the hammer into the ground, before unwrenching it with an eruption of earth.
- Pyromancer's Parting Flame (5e Equipment). A pyromancer's flame that has been corrupted, allowing its wielder to regain a small portion of health, at the expense of others' souls.
- Friede's Great Scythe (5e Equipment). A pair of scythes that, when wielded, can bend ice to your will, dealing cold damage to those you attack.
- Rose of Ariandel (5e Equipment). A bloody, ancient looking flail that acts both as a weapon and a holy symbol, for those deranged enough to attune to it.
- Valorheart (5e Equipment). A sword and shield combination that is inseparable. Allows the wielder to enter a fierce combat stance.
Currently, I've taken a little break from working on this campaign setting. It's interesting and I would like to see it through to completion, but there's a lot of work to be done and I've kind of run out of gusto to continue working on this specific project. Anyone who'd like to work on it is welcome to take a crack at some of the work that needs to get done, and I will be coming back to finish this up at another date... just not right now.