Weapon (glaive), legendary (requires attunement)
The glaive incorporates imagery of Storms, such as lightning bolts and chaos. It feels cold to the touch. The glaive was created for an ancient order of spellcasters and bears the order’s symbol, The Arcanum Sigil. If the bearer is a spellcaster, once attuned to the weapon, he or she may use Thorn, Crusader of the Falling Sky as a Spellcasting Focus for his or her class. This magical weapon acts as a +3 glaive.
Thorn, Crusader of the Falling Sky has the following features when attuned:
- Enhanced Vision.
- While attuned to the glaive, you ignore the effects of magical darkness.
- Frost Touched.
- While attuned to the glaive, you gain resistance to cold damage.
- While attuned to the glaive, you gain proficiency in Stealth skill checks.
- Storm Fall.
- As an action, you can cause lightning to fall on a creature you can see within 30 ft of you. That creature must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw to take half of the 4d10 lightning damage. You regain use of this effect after you finish a short or long rest.
- Sigil of Subtlety.
- While you hold the glaive in your hand, you can use an action to activate the Sigil of Subtlety to gain advantage on all Stealth checks for 1 minute at a time. While this effect is active, you ignore any disadvantage to Stealth checks that might affect you. The weapon regains use of this effect at dawn.
- Sigil of Shadows.
- As an action, you can activate the Sigil of Shadows to emit darkness somewhere within 60 feet of you, as if you had cast the spell darkness. The weapon regains use of this effect at dawn.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Magic Weapons